[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your take on Edward Snowden? What about the general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: edouard.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
edouard.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
What's your take on Edward Snowden?
What about the general opinion in your country?
An Hero™ or a Evil Person™??
>>
He's a nerd who did a good thing but handled the resulting situation very poorly.
>>
>>52005901
Traitor to the United States.
Hero to all their allies.

Also very handsome.
>>
>>52005901
naive.

he wasn't going to stop the monitoring. monitoring is going to happen no matter what.
only difference is whether or not people know about it. and whether or not terrorists know about it.
his actions have brought little changed and have helped terrorists (and other states) tighten their security.
given Russia's history of lying and manipulating people it's pretty damn funny that he hid there.

>>52005982
it was futile.
>>
File: 1333142919991928.png (60 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1333142919991928.png
60 KB, 268x265
>>52005982
How should've he handled the situation?
t. snowend on phone :D
>>
Traitor to the government, hero to the people.
>>
>>52005901
What he did was pointless. He ruined his life for nothing.

>>52006027
> Hero to all their allies.
Except he talked extensively about domestic spying across Europe by a cooperative program of European governments.
>>
>>52006027
The US government itself is a traitor to the US Constitution.
>>
>>52006052
We already knew. Bush said, in a very public press conference in 2006, that the government was conducting mass surveillance.
>>
>>52005982
>giving yourself up for united states goverment when theres terrorist torture chambers and spoopy shits all around.
Dont smoke weed chad.
>>
>>52006069
Not going sperg mode and seeking refuge in Russia of all places.
>>
>>52005901

I think most here consider him a hero, but we're obligated to ask for him back for law and order or some shit.
>>
>>52006108
He didn't reveal either of those things. They were already publicly known.
>>
>>52006131
That's wrong though. Opinion is very split, often leaning in favor of prosecution.
>>
>>52006052
>he wasn't going to stop the monitoring.
He probably did know that. He did what he did, nevertheless. I think his reasoning is bit more complex than that.
>>
>>52006085
Americans have failed ourselves. Every government is going to try to expand, break the roles, and gain special privileges.
It's the role of the people, to keep the government in line. Either through voting or by force.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQkyJD15B74
>>
>>52006165
>I think his reasoning is bit more complex than that.
naive idealism then.
>>
>>52005901
Neither. Just dumb.
>>
>>52006118
Would Guantanamo be a better place, I wonder...

>Captcha: Select all images with flowers.
>>
>>52005901
Hero, without doubt.
>>
so long as he's not a muslim apologist (as most of his supporters unfortunately are) ... then he's okay
>>
a hero who exposed a incredible bad thing the government doing under the reason of fear
>>
File: 76538780456.jpg (36 KB, 607x615) Image search: [Google]
76538780456.jpg
36 KB, 607x615
I wonder how many US citizens answering to this thread in favor of calling ES (no pun intended) as a traitor, are actually fearing that FBI is gonna cum and take their anime infested PC away if they'd call Snowden a hero ::DDDD:D
>>
>>52006230
He would have been put in a regular federal prison.
>>
>>52006365
Didn't expose it. We were told about it well before he came around.

>>52006394
Public opinion in the US is generally against him, but still fairly split. Do 5 seconds of research.
>>
File: mullevastattiinäsken.jpg (44 KB, 304x338) Image search: [Google]
mullevastattiinäsken.jpg
44 KB, 304x338
>>52006425
>Public opinion in the US is generally against him, but still fairly split. Do 5 seconds of research.
Can you into sarcasm?
>>
I'm ambivalent in regards to his disclosures on things like domestic metadata collection.

But his disclosures regarding our operations overseas were indefensible. Spying on citizens of other countries isn't just legal, it's common practice. It served no purpose but to harm our intelligence networks.

His personality strikes me as narcissistic, but that's aside.
>>
>>52006689
>complain about somebody else's narcissism
>advocate for spying upon citizens of other countries, reasoning it's common practice

oh the fucking irony.
>>
>>52006052
You know what terrorists didn't know about it, or didn't act like it was happening even if they didn't know? Dead ones. He didn't hurt US capabilities, beyond those that required idiots misplacing their trust in the US government.

Russia may not have any moral high ground here, but they do like to show up the US, and there is zero chance the US is going to offer them anything that would motivate them to hand over Snowden only on the condition that they hand him over. He only had to look at Julian Assange to know that he needed to get to a country totally out of the US's orbit, and with the resources to tell them to fuck off.

It's not particularly funny; it's goddamned smart.
>>
>>52006689

>Spying on citizens of other countries isn't just legal, it's common practice.

If you found a Russian doing it to you, you'd call it illegal and want Putin's head for it.
>>
>>52007426
>Russia may not have any moral high ground here,
This, wery big muchos this.
>>52007551
>If you found a Russian doing it to you, you'd call it illegal and want Putin's head for it.
And very great big this also.

Americans are the masters of double standards, hands down.
Also, especially their government officials, are quite keen on the complete lack of perspective, making themselves look like arrogant pricks along the way as they go.
>>
>>52006052
>given Russia's history of lying and manipulating people it's pretty damn funny that he hid there.

How is life in your meme world
>>
>>52005901

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ntJJE87VN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocjAhpUD0k

i just have heard his video interview in south korea and i think he is a dreamer
>>
Snowden is cool in my book.
I really believe he did it for America's sake.

I think most people in America probably don't know who he is. For those that do, I wouldn't be surprised if the young/leftists like him and the old/conservatives hate him.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (591 KB, 3000x1690) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
591 KB, 3000x1690
Where have you gone?
>>
>>52006118
He was trying to get to south america
>>
File: r3585rt2.jpg (13 KB, 240x221) Image search: [Google]
r3585rt2.jpg
13 KB, 240x221
>>52007998
How new is this interview?
Wonder how long will it take for Putin to go the full cycle of tsundere and give up ES to the US gov...
>>
>>52008715

i think he is still staying at russia
>>
>>52008728

very new i guess just two months ago
but the interviews are very formal
>>
>>52006425
>Public opinion in the US is generally against him
Only if you're a republikuk.

Face it neocon, your fanatic ideology has lead to the rise of marxist undertones in the US. Who is gonna stop the rise of marxism here? Libertarians.
>>
>>52008757
Only because he can't go anywhere without getting v&. Euro cunts forced the Bolivian president's plane down in Europe because he *might* have been on board.
>>
bump for discussion
>>
A patriot, anyone who calls him a traitor because "nothing to hide, nothing to fear! ;^)" is retarded. Nobody should be okay with their own government spying on their citizens because they think that they are terrorists. Not only that, but it's a waste of money.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.