[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/northerncanada/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 300px-Northern_Canada.svg.png (46 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
300px-Northern_Canada.svg.png
46 KB, 300x255
kanadians who live up here pls post and tell me about it, would like to live here. alaska can post too I guess

It's a stretch since it's less populated than the moon but we shall see
>>
What would you do there?
>>
>>51999141
>alaska can post too I guess
There are a few of us that post here frequently, but nobody from the bush that I've seen so we wouldn't really have any exciting answers for you.
>>
>>51999196
spend time outside, drink, revel in the beauty of the place
>>
The population of those 3 areas is like 12 eskimos and a polar bear.
>>
>>51999446
Okay, well you'll fit right in then, but you might get murdered.
>>
>>51999579
by who, the inuits or some shit?
>>
I spent the summer a few hours north of Edmonton, and they call that 'the gateway to the North', so maybe it counts.

It was fun, lots of beautiful open spaces and plenty of outdoorsy things to do. The town itself was an oil town and it was an absolute dive, but I kind of liked that too because it had a really lawless, anarchic feel to it. You could take a gun down to the river and shoot at some targets, and no one would give a shit. The flipside of the lawlessness was that the area had the highest rates of drink-driving in Canada, and also a fair amount of gun crime.
>>
have you ever seen the Thing (1982)?
>>
>>52000271
Fort Mac?
>>
>>52000393
No, but not too far. Grande Prairie. From what I gather they're pretty similar places though.
>>
>>52000106
the Canadian wendigos you dumbfuck, they're swarming those parts
>>
>>52000496
what! fort mac is like on the other side of Alberta.

I really like that anarchic oil town meme. Makes it feel like the old west again... that maybe we're not so civilized quite yet
>>
>>52000870
Yeah but in Canadian terms that's pretty close, even if it is like a 6-8 hour drive away.

That's pretty much what I liked about it, yeah. It felt like nothing in town was more than 20 years old, and that everyone would disappear if the oil did (maybe they did, I heard Alberta is suffering a bit). There's also lots of country folk up there who just want to live simple lives - I've not been to Texas, but I imagine it's pretty similar. It also felt like it had a dark side to it (in terms of violence/drugs/prostitution) which sucks for the people who live there permanently, but again was pretty interesting for me.
>>
>>52000308

Yeah, too bad that takes places around Victoria Land in Antarctica and not the Arctic.
>>
>>52000565
>implying any American couldn't take any Canadian in a fight
>>
Why would you move to northern Canada, if you could just move to Alaska?

There's
>a few weeks of summer that are constantly bright
>there's more mosquitoes than pine needles
>everything is muskeg and permafrost
>no women
>if you want to be alpha, get a friend from up there and bring him to civilization, he'll hit on anything
>you're diet gets fucked up without fresh fruit and dairy, you end up with no variation in your diet
>a lot of natives who hate you

Got any specific questions?
>>
>>52000870
Hah, I live there. Don't come up here because there's no girls here.

>co workers go to a bar
>find a girl
>dance around her
>notice the Adam's apple
>it's a man
>>
>>52002934
Where do you live specifically?
>>
>>52000271
Fort mac?
Northern albertan here
>>
>>52005383
Didnt scroll down, shit
>>
>>51999141
I heard it's absolute shit.

Pay grades go right up if you get transferred up there cause the cost of living is so damn high AND cause it's just a fucked up place in general.

I've heard of people going up there and coming back really messed up mentally.

It also costs thousands of dollars for a ticket up there. Really you're just as isolated up there from the rest of north america as if you were in Africa.

If you want adventure, move to Africa actually.. had a blast there.
>>
Yukoner here (living in Ontario).

It's quiet. Lots of freedom; your backyard is essentially endless wilderness. Can be very boring if you don't enjoy the outdoors. Lack of sun in the winter and excess of it during the summer can mindfuck some people. A significant portion of the people living there aren't from there. They're either old outdoorsy retirees, misfits and social pariahs, or foreigners who want to experience the untapped wilderness. Most people work for the government these days. Whitehorse is a nice city, I miss it even though I'm enjoying the hell out of the warm winter where I am.

I don't know what you want to know specifically.
>>
>>52003031
What? there's plenty of girls in the Mac, I lived there for 5 years m8. but they are mostly trash or stupid newfie whores.

Fuck do I hate newfies.
>>
>>52008496
Newfies are newfoundlanders right? Why do they suck?
>>52008427
That was useful, thanks! That's the kind of stuff I wanted to know.
>>
>>52008706
Yes, I don't like them because they come here and act like they own the place, and they're god's gift to this country, and their accent is annoying as fuck. Granted I did meet some nice ones, but the vast amount (the one's we get here) and drunken rejects. I haven't been to newfoundland myself, and maybe we do get the trash of that province.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.