[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 633.png (119 KB, 1006x893) Image search: [Google]
633.png
119 KB, 1006x893
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
When Islam was invented by a pedophile warlord.
>>
Too many wars between the Sassanids and Byzantines left the border regions undefended.
>>
>>51999438

>always this excuse

lmao
>>
>>51999484
Do you have any better reasons?
>>
When green left their containment zone.
>>
>>51999484
Do you have any better reasons?
>>
>>51999523

Muhammad was extremely competent at choosing the correct people. The first three Caliphs and Khalid ibn-al Walid were all geniuses.

Of course, it went to shit quite quickly.
>>
File: 1449798819441.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449798819441.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
>>51996577
Could I pass as a local of one of these empires before it went wrong?
>>
>>51999588
So some smart warlords in a desert beat two Empires?
>>
>>51999648
Maybe Sassanid
>>
>>51999661

>Muhammad, Abu Bakr, Uthman and Umar were nothing more than "smart warlods"

Nice maymay.
>>
610AD
>>
>>51999588
They were good generals, but I doubt they would have the same success if Persia and Byzantium weren't exausted from the wars. I mean, they basically steamrolled Persia and all byzantine possessions save for Anatolia+Balkans.
>>
>>51999887

Of course that was important, but on /int/, /his/ and /pol/ nobody wants to give any credit to Muslims at all. It's always the same maymay

>They were lucky as fuck, the superior Byzantine and Sassanid empires were on the brink of collapsing, those camel fuckers were lucky REEEEEEEEEEEE

Meanwhile, the Byzantine empire collapsed in 1453 and the Sassanid empire was nowhere close to collapsing before the Arab invasions. It's almost as bad as the

>Islamic Golden Age = Persian Golden Age

meme
>>
>>52000024
Yeah, I see your point. On /int/ I gave up long ago serious discussions, but at least on /his/ you can sometimes have a serious thread.
>>
>>51996577
All because of Byzantines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Council_of_Constantinople
>>
>>52000483

tl;dr it pls
>>
>>51999724
How about answering my question instead of spouting bullshit?
>>
>>51999484
It was literally this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine%E2%80%93Sasanian_War_of_602%E2%80%93628

If the Romans didn't win at Constantinople they would've been just as dead as the Persians.
>>
File: b8.png (37 KB, 1196x580) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
37 KB, 1196x580
>>52000686
I didn't realize you were THIS dumb. You asked me
>So some smart warlords in a desert beat two Empires?
In my reply I clearly implied that I think those men were more than "smart warlords". So my answer to your question is "no". Next time don't ask me to do your work for you.
>>52000889
It doesn't explain how an empire the size of pic related was captured in mere decades by previously irrelevant people, juggling the two superpowers of their time at the same time.

It's part of the explanation: Both empires were weakened. But it still leaves a lot of question marks. Which are answered by the extreme competency of the "Founding Fathers" of Islam. But people on /int/ and /his/ (never mind /pol) like to only look at the first fact and not at the second, because they're pathetic little cunts.
>>
>>52000662
>expel and neglect nontrinitarian priests
>their teachings return and haunt them in the name of islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waraka_ibn_Nawfal
>>
>>52001145
Big point with the founding of Islam was also how it was run by guys who openly promoted smash and grab whatever you can get your peasant hands on.
Very easy to recruit when it's combined with medieval misery of everyone besides the wealthy people in civilized empires.
>>
>>52001612

This is the utter idiocy I'm talking about.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.