[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/isr/ - /ישר/ - Israel Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: israel_14 copy.png (101 KB, 901x600) Image search: [Google]
israel_14 copy.png
101 KB, 901x600
מהדורת הנפשה יפנית
>>
how do I get a mizrahi gf?
or an arab-israeli gf?
>>
File: 1162489992953xu9.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1162489992953xu9.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
anime
>>
Thinking of traveling to Israel in early January. What am I in for? Do you guys have any recommendations? How's the secuirty? Any places I should watch out for? I'm thinking the major cities to visit are Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem. Anything else? Is it possible to visit Palestine or will I get killed?
>>
>>51987640
>What am I in for
right wing general aura (try not to get too triggered, swedekek)
>Do you guys have any recommendations
avoid brown people
>Any places I should watch out for
places with high concentration of brown people
>Tel aviv
no
>Jerusalem
yes
>Anything else?
Haifa, Eilat, Dead Sea
>Is it possible to visit Palestine
yes
>will I get killed
probably not, but you'll probably get scared of the brown people and leave within 30 minutes considering you're an easily scared sheltered swedekuk
>>
>What am I in for?
shit

>Do you guys have any recommendations?
if it's your first time you best stick to the most common tourist attractions

>How's the secuirty?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict_(2015)

>Any places I should watch out for?
most of east jerusalem is a no-go. some areas there (i.e. those beyond the security fence but outside the PA's jurisdiction) are literally in a state of anarchy.

>Anything else?
christians like the galilee, apparently. masada is a very common destination. so are some northern coastal cities (acre, haifa), and there's of course eilat, mizpe ramon and the dead sea.

>Is it possible to visit Palestine
Yes

>will I get killed?
probably, if they mistake you for a jew
>>
>>51987863
>probably not, but you'll probably get scared of the brown people and leave within 30 minutes considering you're an easily scared sheltered swedekuk
What about bombings and such? You regularly hear in the news about Palestinians killing civilians. Does this only happen in certain ares?
>>
>>51987933
>Does this only happen in certain ares?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict_(2015)#Palestinian_attacks
>>
>>51987909
>probably, if they mistake you for a jew

Might as well put this out there. I'm not an ethnic swede. I'm an Iranian born in Sweden but name and looks aside, I'm all Swedish. Hopefully my ethnicity won't become too much of a problem if they ask me of my origin.
>>
File: 1430484987830.png (462 KB, 676x671) Image search: [Google]
1430484987830.png
462 KB, 676x671
>>51988060
>but name and looks aside, I'm all Swedish
>>
>>51988096
When it comes to papers (passport etc) but obviously I don't consider myself Swedish. You know what I mean.
>>
>>51988113
If your name sound arabic/iranian you can expect some extra questioning at the airport.
>>
>>51988060
Israelis don't really dislike persians 2bh
all persians I've met were bro tier
and most israelis won't have any problem whatsoever with you being iranian
the only problem is ar*bs
so
just don't be ar*b
>>
>>51988172
My name is Iranian yes. However, first name is also a European name. The last name could be mistaken for a an Italian I guess since it ends with an I. In fact my first name is common in Italy so maybe I should just say I'm Southern Italian...

>>51988257
Well that's relieving to hear I guess. Especially considering the political situation between the two countries.
>>
>>51987933
I've been to Israel a couple of times, here are some tips-

- Stay the fuck out of the Muslim quarter in Jerusalem. Last time I went to Jerusalem there they stabbed a cop and a tourist an hour after I left the old city. They are overtly hostile for little to no reason, and their hobby there is throwing rocks (and i mean 20 KG boulders) at tour buses. This goes threefold if you have anyone female with you.

As for the West Bank, There is nothing fucking there, and all you get is a chunk of terrain with lessened security, people that hate foreigners, and border controls. It's a couple hours of driving for nothing, and all it will do is waste time.

Dead Sea is great, as is jerusalem. The hiking is nice.
>>
>>51988330
>so maybe I should just say I'm Southern Italian
lying to airport security isn't a smart move, buddy
>>
>>51988373
Is it likely they will question my real origin?

>>51988348
Thanks for the tips!
>>
>Is it likely they will question my real origin?
I dunno, I'm jewish, I've never been put through the bullshit they put brown people through
>>
>>51988060
Yeah, followup to >>51988348

Definitely don't go to the west bank if you are ethnically iranian. It's a good way to get stuck in security.

Also, expect a lot of extra airport screening. I'm from ukraine and I got the whole name mispronunciation deal, so IDK.
>>
How do I get a qt3.14 israeli gf? I want to wear a SS uniform and impregnate her to breed non-aryan children. :3
>>
>>51987606
>how do I get a mizrahi gf?
By being ars
>or an arab-israeli gf?
Prepare to get stabed by her 7 brothers
>>
>>51988498
>Definitely don't go to the west bank
That's a damn shame t bh. I don't really have anything of particular interest to do/see there but I still have this goal of visiting all countries in the world and if you consider Palestine its own country...
>>
>>51988578
>by being ars
is there really no other option?
>>
>>51988443
>>51988373
It's a terrible fucking idea.

Lying to the israeli airport security is a good way for them to put you in a bomb-proof box and miss a flight.

I saw someone flying to india, but they had a connection in either Kuwait or Qutar.. They were asked if they had any connections, they said they didn't, they looked at their flight passes and off to the interrogation room they go.

They will mispronounce your name on your passport deliberately, if you don't correct them, time for some additional screening.

Saying you are from italy is among the worst idea I've heard in a while.
>>
>>51988625
>>51988443
>>51988330
>iranian in israeli airport
Prepare your asshole to be examined roughly. We aren't even kidding.
>>
>>51988625
Think of it this way-

In a decade or two, (i hope) Palestine will be part of israel (hopefully peacefully) and then you will have your goal.

Anyways, there is the whole issue of there being (depending on what you define as a country) anywhere from 195 to 220+ countries, so that's not viable unless you are a multi-millionaire.

Also, some countries ethically, you should not visit because of the harm that will come upon other people via those tourism dollars you spent. North Korea as an example. They explicitly use that money to attempt to bug more guns and luxury foreign goods for their elite classes (as their currency is not accepted on the international market)
>>
>>51988443
Once you're in you can freely tell you are an Iranian and people will not be hostile just curious. The only problem you will face is serious anal prob by airport security. Don't lie to them. The chances are they researched you in advance once you bought the ticket. Don't get visibly angry at them. They may take you into a separate room at the airport and play mindgames with you. May ask some provocative questions. The worst thing they can do is deny entry but this will only happen if you behave like an idiot.
>>
>>51988790
I wasn't really being serious though. I know better than to lie to security person.

>>51988903
Well this is all slightly off-putting to hear. Would you suggest that I don't even go there?
>>
>>51988700
If you want one of the mishtaknezot than its same procedure as with ashkenazi. By being cool, smoking dope etc.
>>
why would you even visit this shithole
>>
>>51989066
No do come. We like it when people come.
>>
>>51989292
muh holy land
muh abrahamic religion
>>
>>51989066
Just go to Greece instead. We basically share the same climate so..
>>
shalom
>>
>>51989292
easy women basically
>>
>>51988575
Your children would literally be Jewish in that case.
Checkmate.
>>
>>51988960
I realize I will probably never achieve my goal, but I still like having something to strive for.

>Also, some countries ethically, you should not visit because of the harm that will come upon other people via those tourism dollars you spent. North Korea as an example. They explicitly use that money to attempt to bug more guns and luxury foreign goods for their elite classes (as their currency is not accepted on the international market)
Source needed.

The money that NK makes on tourist more is almost nothing. They probably use that money to invest further in their tourist industry if anything. Also you could argue that more countries than NK use their tourist bux to buy military goods and oppress teir population. Not justifying the country in any way, just stating my opinion.

>>51989007
Now the thing is that I will probably buy a standby ticket (airline employee) which will just be a few days before I go. Maybe this will further their suspicion... I'm a calm person though and I have experience of getting stuck with border control before due to stupid reasons.

>>51989292
You wouldn't say that there is anything for a foreign tourist to see in Israel?
>>
>>51989066
you can and should go, just make sure you don't go retard.

Israel has a large tourisim industry, and they want to keep it that way.

If you go to the airport and say you are there to visit the west bank and try to see gaza, and that you are iranian, then you are a giant retard.

Basically, when flying into Israel, there will be a second Israeli security checkpoint after the first. When flying out of israel, you will have a much more extensive screening.

Do you fly much? it's going to be a bad TSA encounter at the worst if you are smart.

write up an itinerary, print it out, carry it with you. make reservations in advance. Know where you are going.

Don't show up with a PLO scarf and 4 metal briefcases.

TLDR- still go, just plan everything out in advance, and don't be a retard.
>>
>>51988060
I'm Afghan and I'm gonna visit Israel this summer prolly. Friend already approved of the idea.
>>
>>51989447
> I will probably buy a standby ticket
You think they haven't dealt with crypto-Muslims trying to play tricks before? Lube your anus up.
>>
>>51987640
Here's a straight to the point real answer for you swede op: you can come here freely, you really don't need to worry about anything. Don't go to the West Bank, in Jerusalem visit only the main tourist attraction, visit Eilat, Dead Sea and Sea of Galilee, and you need to spend most of your time in tel aviv. It's really an amazing multi cultural city with so much to see and do.
>>
>>51989447
NK tourisim is insanely expensive actually.

They make a lot of money on each trip, and I don't think it would be moral to give them any money at all. (Yes, each individual thing there is cheap, but the fees the government itself charges are bad. Then, due to their own currency being worthless internationally, they will distinctly not spend their tourism money on anything but foreign goods. Any food or the like for their citizens will remain unchanged)

North Korea is just freakishly evil, and I would feel wrong giving them anything.
>>
>>51989572
Not sure if anyone but the airline can see that is a standby ticket though. Since Israel is a visa free country for Swedish citizens I should be free to enter anytime?

>>51989457
I guess I will prepare myself to be screened. Seems inevitable at this point. I have been through checkpoints to the US and they have all gone flawless.

>>51989700
But boycotting them is not the way to go is it? The people there will suffer no matter what and it isn't going to help them if the government is not receiving any money to feed them?
>>
>>51989430
So they would be part of the master race. :^) I see no problem there.
>>
how do i become jude?
>>
>>51987640

It's not very warm here in January so you probably won't get the full beach experience that you would in spring/summer.

Other than that the recommendations for places to visit that have been given so far are mostly correct. Security is fine. The whole border control thing is slightly overstated but there are strict controls, just don't do anything silly (get angry, lie, say anti-israeli things etc), and be emotionally prepared for potentially being questioned more than the other travellers due to your background, as you would in america for instance. After that I'm sure you'll have a good time.

An underrated suggestion would be to visit the national museum in Jerusalem. The architecture department is wonderful and very diverse in middle-eastern culture. Consider a tour guide if you do go there :)
>>
>>51990301
polska is already honorary jewish 2bh
>>
>>51990308
>It's not very warm here in January so you probably won't get the full beach experience that you would in spring/summer.

That actually just sounds better. I wouldn't go there for swimming anyway and I prefer cooler temperatures.

Museums sounds interesting. Thanks man.
>>
>>51989893
If you want to help North Koreans, giving them dollars that they will spend on luxury goods for KJU isn't the way to go.

I donate to NGOs that aim to help NK refugees, and support my friends in the military stationed in SK.

as for Israeli security, it's going to basically be a longer TSA sweep, except not run by morons, and they are doing a much more intensive mental check.

If you are an airline employee, you should know what can and can't go on the plane. You will be fine. What I'd do is plan a future itinerary for when you do buy a ticket. Jerusalem, dead sea, and tel - Aviv are must-see, figure out what else you want to see. Hiking, religious, etc.

What languages do you speak? Just Swedish and English?

Also, avoid the Muslim quarter even if you are Muslim. By avoid, I mean don't go in. It's got pickpockets at best, angry people with knives at worst.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
>Pimpin' my grooves,
>We got to ride
>Ridin' through the door with my homies gettin' smoked out.
>In Da Summa
>>
>>51991007
>Also, avoid the Muslim quarter even if you are Muslim. By avoid, I mean don't go in. It's got pickpockets at best, angry people with knives at worst.
but Islam is the religion of peace :^)
>>
>>51991007
>What languages do you speak? Just Swedish and English?
Yeah well they are the only ones I speak fluently.

And no I hate pisslam by all of my heart.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm still not entirely sure if I will go in January or not.
>>
>>51991127
I've been to Jerusalem 2 times.

Both times, someone stabbed either a police officer or a tourist that day in the Muslim quarter.

>>51991193
If you do go on short notice, use that airbnb (is that what it's called? Not sure on spelling) thing.
Tel Aviv has wifi everywhere, it's a modern city.
>>
File: 1446381874745.jpg (57 KB, 426x569) Image search: [Google]
1446381874745.jpg
57 KB, 426x569
>>51990301
Reparations
>>
>>51987640
>What am I in for?
shitskins, noise
unless you have some actually nice people to show you around then it's only the noise

>Do you guys have any recommendations?
i recommend you try to meet some non bydlo uni aged people to show you around if you can
monestaries and churches are GOAT and they're all over the country, i went for christmas day mass in latrun 3 years ago and to the church of transfiguration and the carmelite monestary near haifa last year
the view from the carmelite monestary is absolutely breathtaking, you can right up to all three borders, to the east, north and the sea
other than that if you're into history, we have archeological sites oozing out of our ears, it's really fascinating since alot of places have been lived in for so long there are actually layers dating back to the stone age. really amazing stuff, you can see the progression of time, also they found the ancestor of the einkorn wheat here, the very first somewhat domesticated grain, right here, well preserved too, since it spent thousands of years under the overflow of lake galilee
try and look for the less touristy spots, that's really nice too, not being too crowded

>How's the secuirty? Any places I should watch out for?
probably the more problematic areas of jerusalem, i won't go anywhere near the old city personally right now

>Is it possible to visit Palestine or will I get killed?
1. no such thing as palestine
2. yes you can visit all of judea and samaria including the P.A, as long as you're a foreigner you'll be safe, only place tourists ever got stabbed/shot/driven over/bombed/stoned was jerusalem, mainly near the old city
>>
>>51988348
>(and i mean 20 KG boulders) at tour buses

kek they used to sutff refrigirators with boulders or concrete and drop them from 4th-5th floor roofs onto our vehicles
they finally switched out to armoured F550s and F350s after some border police guys got smashed to death loony toons style
>>
>>51992703
Sounds great. I'm more interested in your historical stuff than anything else.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.