[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 546x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 546x247
Did kids outside of the U.S. Play with plastic army men? Pretty much every boy had a collection of plastic army men that's ad to be replenished every year after the 4th of July.

Also what types of toys were really popular when you were growing up?
>>
I haad little tanks that could shoot real missiles, as well as a big military base with all kind of traps like boulder showers, crumbling bridges, etc
>>
I'm pretty sure almost everyone here was born in the 90s and grew up playing vidya almost exclusively with some lego thrown in maybe.
>>
>>51985403
no
>>
>>51985403
That's a sad childhood tbvh
>>
>>51985319
I had very elaborate fortresses with army men. I'd use anything from barns, lego sets, giant blocks for walls, and stacking sticks to make guard towers. I'd make up heists, jailbreaks, stealth missions, fucking artillery bullshit.

Fun times
>>
>>51985319

so very much yes
>>
>>51985403
>implying i didnt have decent parents that didnt let me throw my life away into video games
>implying my childhood wasn't straight-up idyllic

it's a sad vision the one that you describe
>>
>>51985319
I formed whole regiments out of my army men and produced chaos whenever I waged war against my friends' army men.

Maybe that's why I study military history today.
>>
>>51985319
>kids outside of the U.S. Play with plastic army men?
yes, absolutely. those little fuckers triggered my autism hard.
>>
>>51985319
Yes, i had a lot of them
>>
>>51985403
my childhood was pretty much sitting around doing nothing with the occasional arguement, divorce and moving country thrown in
твн
>>
>>51985319
I had but never liked it.
The fact that they just staid in one position was shitty.
I prefered my Star Wars collection.
>>
File: brickpicker_set_6263_1.jpg (48 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
brickpicker_set_6263_1.jpg
48 KB, 500x477
>>51985319
More like plastic-everything.
I had pirates, there were wondreful made, loved them.
types of toys... dunno, all of them? vidya, yes, nintendo, sega, playstation. I was sega guy.
Lego stuff, my favorite was pirate island (on pic), my first NewYear's gift (you celebrate christmas) was some red lego track. Oh god, how old was I, I remember how I woke up and saw this pretty thing near my pillow and parents watching me. sweeet
random plastic toy characters, I remember Conan with Axe, transformers (kind of, just robots), cars.
There were those fantasy table games? Castles and warriors, guns and big monster-animals that you need to construct, so we play with them.

I have my favorite toy that is still with me. It's ninja-turtle, D on its waist so it's Donatello, but he had swords. It's very comfortsble in hand and I often hold it in hands and just fantasize stuff. Today I hold when about something. To this day it has only his body and head. I gave to a puppy some time ago, I didn't think he could break it, but it did, cracked his shell to front and back pieces. But I "repaired" it with scotch tape and it still with me.
>>
>>51985395
was it like two hills, one with bunker and tent one with some kind of building?
I think we might have had the same
>>
File: 619zL4x-OFL.jpg (68 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
619zL4x-OFL.jpg
68 KB, 500x333
>>51985395
was it this?
>>
File: StickyStretchHandToy_medium.jpg (11 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
StickyStretchHandToy_medium.jpg
11 KB, 275x275
This was the only toy I could afford
>>
File: Bburago_Logo3[1].png (4 KB, 150x72) Image search: [Google]
Bburago_Logo3[1].png
4 KB, 150x72
>>51985319
God's toy of all car toys. Who was watching their brochures for months? Thank you Italy.
>>
>>51985319
I had green and red army men. Artillery and a couple of tanks. All my friends had them too so staging mass battles was fucking eric.
>>
>>51987266
oh boy, I remember I owned a Ferrari Testarossa. Then one day I smashed it with a hammer for some reason (probably retardness)
>>
File: Sp004.jpg (58 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
Sp004.jpg
58 KB, 460x690
>>51985319
Ja totally, they'd always be WW2 styled (Brits, Germs and 'Murcans). Would inevitably blow 'em up with crackers (war is hell, eh) usually they'd survive pretty well.

>>51985403
Oldfag here. Masters of the Universe were ubiquitous and inescapable. GI Joe, Thundercats, Ninja Turtles. Mostly remember Lego and Playmobil though. Star Wars toys, Transformers and plenty of other stuff never got the sort of distribution down here that they did elsewhere. Whenever we'd go on holiday, my kid-self would be totally jelly.
>>
>>51985403
-93 here.
Legos and PS2 (when it came out) to put it simply-
>>
>>51985319

yes but playing soldiers irl was more fun.

We were playing nazis vs americans and I remember how literally noone wanted to be nazi and we were always arguing abou it.

funny how if I was playing now I would want to be nazi and not american desu.
>>
>>51986873
Those things are rad.
>>
I'd put a string noose around their necks then set them on fire and watch the burning plastic drip onto the floor in my barn.
I also bought a replica of Hitlers car then hammered it flat and nailed it to the wall.

As you can imagine I was a pretty cool kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1000x1000
>>51985319
Bruh I used to fucking love those guys. I had the civil war style ones and man did I make some elaborate battles. The characters all had names and back stories and shit. Like some MGS shit later on with GI Joe with Boba Fett and a Xenomorph thrown in.

Man. Feels.
>>
>>51988112
Lol I remember my parents let me watch what I wanted as a kid and Indiana Jones was one of the movies I watched repeatedly, so at the playground in kindergarten me and my best friend would take control of the jungle gym and pretend it was the tank from the third one and yell calling classmates "Nazis" and shit. Surprised the teachers didn't freak the fuck out lmao.
>>
>>51985319
Yes.

I had those.
>>
>>51988404
We used to shoot at each other with our fingers shaped as guns and llay cowboys and indians.
Imagine what teachers would do about that now.
>>
File: armymen.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
armymen.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
I fucking loved playing every single Army Men game on the PC when I was a kid. Shit was always on point.

RIP 3DO
>>
>>51988583
>not playing with gun-shaped sticks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU9Bp1GtCo
>>
>>51986873
Best toy for 45 seconds before it got covered in shit.
>>
>>51987718
My brother had testarossa too.
>I smashed it with a hammer
Who didn't? I smashed my Fiat Cinquecento too, it was a crash test lol.
>>
>>51988173
I would use fire crackers as bombs
>>
>>51990602

rinse with washing up liquid, dry, return to smacking it in sibling's faces.
>>
>>51985970
Why? Because it's different than what you had experienced? Accept change, or die. You don't want to be a grumpy old man in 60 years, do you? I can't imagine you'd want to be like every one else once you are older.
>>
i played with my fathers old toy soldiers. that was fun.
>>
>>51986686
not him

there was towers too IIRC
>>
File: enough.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
My Father had/has a model battlefield with a moving train and light and sound.
I always wanted to play with it but he didn't let me
>>
what a stupid question of course they do I enjoyed plastic soldiers way more than other toys
>>
>>51993496

ihr vati was on the spectrum m8
>>
File: 1.jpg (245 KB, 986x535) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
245 KB, 986x535
>>51985319
I had these too and more, literally built an entire army of them

I also owned old Citadel 40k Imperial Guard
>>
Had this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3FGHcFLwfA
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.