[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Britbongs feel when they see 4th of July posts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 4th-of-July_2015.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4th-of-July_2015.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
How do Britbongs feel when they see 4th of July posts?
>>
>>51863854
They feel free obviously.

What the fuck else would someone feel?
>>
>>51863898
This tb qh
>>
>>51863854
Indifferent
>>
>>51863898
Enraged the Queen has now power here.
>>
>>51863854
In school we are taught about the loss of the American colonies as the greatest humiliation in history, all British children are trained to hiss at the sound of hearing the name "George Washington" traitorous dogs!

I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.
>>
>>51863854

Most people in Britain don't even know what it is.

So yeah, we don't care about it.
>>
>>51864093
>pretending your entire country hasn't seen Independence Day 10 times each
Damage control.
>>
File: 1445637522744.jpg (409 KB, 1200x1155) Image search: [Google]
1445637522744.jpg
409 KB, 1200x1155
>>51864093
>Losing the greatest colony of all time.
>Not learning about it in school.

Seems like a cover up to me senpai. The hidden butthurt is the most deadly.
>>
>>51864140

I love that movie and yes we watch it but a large number of Brits who have seen it probably still wouldn't know what Independence Day is to Americans.

We focus on our own national days, e.g. St. George's Day (England), St. Andrew's Day (Scotland), and St. David's Day (Wales).
>>
Senpai
>>
>>51864236
Nah, fuck off liar.
>>
>>51864236
>St. George's Day (England), St. Andrew's Day (Scotland), and St. David's Day (Wales).

No one celebrates any of those you utter liar. The only national day English people celebrate is Guy Fawkes and Scots celebrate burns night or something idk. I don't the UK has a proper UK wide national holiday apart from religious ones like Christmas and Easter,
>>
>>51864383

Just because you're an ignorant runt doesn't mean other people are. None of them are as big as Independence Day in America but they are all widely celebrated. I saw lots of Welsh people wearing daffodil pins on St. David's Day this year, e.g. Mark Hughes and Chris Coleman (both Welsh football managers if you don't follow football). Yes Burns night is very popular, and patriotic, in Scotland, but they celebrate St. Andrew's Day too. And I have seen St. George's Crosses being flown on St. George's Day.

As for a UK-wide national holiday, the closest thing is probably the Queen's Birthday.

I can't believe you know this little about your own country. You're an embarrassment really, m8.
>>
>>51864555
Ok then mate tell me about how we celebrate the Queens birthday because I don't even know when it is because no one does anything. Same goes for St George's day etc. We just don't have many national days that we have patriotic celebrations.
>>
>>51864686
Wait just remember Last night at the proms desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ
>>
>>51864686

As I said, just because you are an ignorant runt, does not mean that the rest of the country is. Also as I said, the Queen's Birthday is the CLOSEST thing we have to a national holiday.

Educate yourself you uncultured swine.
>>
>>51864851
Translation "We don't really have a day of the year were people actually be patriotic but I'm going to pretend

More people celebrate Paddys day than any Brit national day.
>>
>>51863854
i get an erection
>>
>>51864929

>In British diplomatic missions, the day is treated as the National Day of the United Kingdom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Official_Birthday#United_Kingdom

>Does not have a recognized national day (see proposed British national day), although the Queen's Official Birthday (which is declared annually, usually falling on the second Saturday in June) is sometimes considered as such, for example, in British diplomatic institutions overseas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day#List_of_National_Days

AS I SAID, IT IS THE CLOSEST THING WE HAVE TO A NATIONAL HOLIDAY

YOU MIGHT LIKE TO GET YOUR EYES CHECKED ANON
>>
>>51864555
Goddam
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.