[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dual Citizenship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Stumped.jpg (67 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Stumped.jpg
67 KB, 620x388
Hey /int/!
Post and talk about how you're getting, or got your dual citizenship.
>What country were you born in?
>Which country did you move to?
Here's my long looooong shitpost ignore this
>SHITPOST
>SHITPOST
>SHITPOST
It's my first time shitposting here, and I just wanted the opinions of some of you here.
I'm American and want to get Dutch citizenship.
I feel like I fit in pretty well.
I'm 6'1"(Literally the pinnacle of averageness in the Netherlands), Dutch Indo, learning German (I'd learn Dutch, but it's to geographically specific to be useful for the rest of the EU), first name is Johannes (Not gonna give out my last name, but trust me it's pretty Germanic).
Dad was born in American, but my dad didn't even speak English until he was like 7. Instead he spoke Dutch until he moved out of his house as a child. My grandfather was Dutch by blood and citizenship, my grandma was Dutch by citizenship and Indonesian by blood.
--- My question is, do you think I can make a good enough case for my dual Dutch citizenship at the Dutch embassy in LA, or do I have to go through the lengthy process of living there for 5 years?
>>
>>51854709
It's not guaranteed if you live there five years.
>>
>>51854911
I'm aware, but I'm fairly confident I would integrate quite easily into Dutch society.
>>
I don't think you'll get Dutch citizenship faster than anyone else.
Plus Wilders has been campaigning against dual citizenship, because Moroccans and Turks tend to have it. And has proposed to take the Dutch citizenship of all criminals with dual citizenship.

So our left wing agreed and decided to ban dual citizenship*.
*except for people who can't get rid of their old nationality like Turks and Moroccans.

So now Americans probably get screwed over if they want dual citizenship, due to left wing populism.
>>
File: manlets when will they learn.jpg (125 KB, 768x1492) Image search: [Google]
manlets when will they learn.jpg
125 KB, 768x1492
>>51854709
>I'm 6'1

When will they learn.
>>
>>51854709
>indo
>not female
i feel sorry for you
>>
>>51856034
Alsof Indo wat zegt. De helft is gewoon een blanke piet.
>>
File: 1441502178973.jpg (259 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441502178973.jpg
259 KB, 500x500
>>51854709
>Hey guys I want to move to the netherlands
>Learn dutch? No I'm learning german what do I need dutch for?
>Also Im 1/64th dutch, does that mean I qualify for citizenship

Fucking americans
>>
>>51855819
Do you think the hype over immigrants will die within a few years, or do I have to accept this and try to join another EU country the old fashion way by moving onto their clay?
Is the same thing happening in Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, etc?
>>
>>51856092
Half Dutch, Quarter Indo, rest is Euro trash actually uezs :^)
>>
>>51854709
>What country were you born in?
Luxembourg

>Which country did you move to?
Flag

Actually I'm Portuguese and have both Portuguese and Luxembourgish citizenship, but I want to get dual Belgian-Portuguese. As I'm a student atm I didn't really get into the whole process, so I have no idea what to actually do.
>>
>>51856118
>Do you think the hype over immigrants will die within a few years
Absolutely not.

Each country is different. The Netherlands is probably one of the most nationalistic ones with the most lively migration debate.
But you can pretty much get citizenship in any EU country and move here if you find a job. You probably don't even need EU citizenship.

Why do you want dual citizenship anyway if you don't intend to do anything with it?
>>
File: 1348264177603.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1348264177603.gif
2 MB, 352x290
>>51856092
Sorry bruh
>>
Naturalized tunisian citizen here

Tunisia is the taiwan of Africa
>>
>>51854709
>Indonesian by blood
dropped
>>
>>51855819
>>51856264

I was looking into getting a Dutch citizenship but apparently you guys do not allow dual. I could forfeit Czech one but still.
>>
>>51856264
Well, for one I plan on moving there after college and check out my heritage. For another, I just wanted to go wife hunting, and tall girls are my thing.
Lastly, I just wanted to reconnect with distant family.
I could name a few other things I'm sitting on, but nothing is set in stone yet.
>>
>>51854709
I've got a Croatian (or better said EU) citizenship which I've got based on muh heritage. It would be useful if I wanted to work in EU or travel to countries like UK or Ireland, otherwise no real benefits to having a dual citizenship
>>
>>51856466
I'm pretty sure Americans can just live here if they find a job and their employer gives approval.
>>
>>51856245
leave my country you cancerous moor
>>
>>51854709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTqe2VNpBg
>>
I was born in Israel, moved to the USA when I was in elementary school. My dad got multiple job offers in the USA, so that's why (he's a software engineer with MS degree in CS)
>>
>>51856264

>netherlands
>nationalistic at all

le shit nigger?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.