[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Anglos on this board speak any languages beside English? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 8
Do Anglos on this board speak any languages beside English?
I find the idea that an educated person speaks only one language really strange in this day and age.
>>
You find it strange because you got keked by the eternal anglo.
>>
>>51834542
>Do Anglos on this board speak any languages beside English?

Why would I? All the relevant countries already speak English.
>>
>>51834542
English, French and Spanish

But honestly all you really need is English, that's why everyone learns it.
>>
I only speak one language as well, and I'm somewhat educated
>>
About to finish my engineering degree at a great engineering school. Only thing I know how to say in another language is "no hablo español"
>>
We don't need to. Rest assured that if we were born in a country with an irrelevant language too, we would learn a second language(English). The only reason for a native English speaker to learn another language is as a hobby, academia, or a super specific job category. It's also a lot easier to learn a language when you know you need it to communicate with most people on the internet. English speakers don't have that advantage.
>>
>>51834542
No.

Also the less time spent learning other languages, the more time spent on real education.
>>
The Royal Navy taught me Arabic.
>>
>>51834542
>Be Anglo
>Share language with USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland
>2 big world powers
>2 big middle powers
>2 free resort countries
>Can travel to any biome you want, any type of city you want and never switch language
And then
>Euros will teach themselves English so they can communicate with foreign people
>Therefore can travel in Europe
>Rich asians will send their children to YOUR countries to learn english
>Therefore can travel in the best parts of Korea, Japan and China
>Indians and SE asians will learn your language in tourist heavy parts
>Therefore can get cheap holidays in exotic feeling places

tl;dr OP the world's been keked by the anglo jew
>>
>>51834542
Do I count as Anglo? English is my first language (and I don't pepper it with bullshit like everyone else here).
>>
French but that's about it, though I'm learning Korean now
>>
>>51834542

I'm ok at French, I can get by but can't have deep political discussions or anything like that
>>
File: 073.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
073.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
I would like to point out an already known fact in here. Non-anglo anons are more intelligent then Anglos by default.

Go to any Anglo dominated board, and all you will see is bunch of normies that isolated from society, just beause of their stupidity or uglyness.

There was a thread about incomes and professions of anons. And Americans were mostly gas pumpers, aka the lowest scums in the society. Meanwhile other anons managed to be fluent in a foreign language, which shows they are not stupid, even if they are not very smart.

As conclusion, they mostly don't speak any other languages. But not because they don't need it, just because they are stupid fucks.
>>
>>51838095
>>51825628
hmm...
>>
>>51837825

>2 big middle powers

ahahahaha

hahahaha
>>
File: 1446512190865.jpg (47 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1446512190865.jpg
47 KB, 600x580
>>51838352
>No Zealand
>>
File: 365.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
365.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>>51838245
Yeah, having a problem with prouncation in a foreign language is completely related with intelligence... Your mere existence is a disgrace for all Aussies.
>>
>>51834542
Not fluent in any other language but have picked up enough to read with some difficulty; french, spanish dutch and norwegian.
>>
>>51836998
>>51836781
Most people don't need to learn english either.
The percetage of jobs that need english is really small
I can live my life here without knowing anything in english and so can a german and a somalian and most of the world
>>51837825
>>Can travel to any biome
That's wrong
>>
I speak Indonesian
>>
Well, I have to admit...only American is really useful
>>
>>51838629
t. Muhammad
>>
>>51838619
Let them believe that everybody speaks English. Meanwhile, I will keep saying to retarded American tourists that asking for directions in English, instead of learning few words from the language of country that they are visiting "I don't speak English, please ask someone else" with cynical grin.
>>
>>51838765
No, I'm white. I learned it at school.

Anda goblok, chink.
>>
>>51838819
>I learned it at school
Why the fuck would you learn that clusterfuck of a language? I'd choose even Arabic over it any day tbqh
>>
>>51838800
>Let them believe that everybody speaks English.
>"I don't speak English, please ask someone else"
Well, they were right.
>>
>>51838874
Didn't have any choice for 2 years but once I entered high school it was logical to continue

>I'd choose Allahu akbar

ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>51834542
I speak portuguese, english and german.

Ich trinke Wasser, Milch und Orangensaft.

Ich bin ein Mann.

Der Mann trinke milch.

Wie geht's?

Entschuldigung.

Das Mädchen.
>>
>>51838959
>Didn't have any choice for 2 years
Wew lad, would have bloody bombed the school if I were you.
Indonesian is one nasty-sounding piece of shit language.
>>
>>51838990
t. Duolingo Barbosa
>>
>>51838990
t. Duolingo Barbosa
>>
There is obvious benefits of having your first language as the international Lingua Franca. Aside from that though I've learned Spanish and now I'm learning French.
>>
>>51838996
You must be chink right? Malay/indo is not that hard for English speakers to learn compared to other languages
>>
>>51839028
>>51839023

Ich esse Brot.
>>
>>51839051
>You must be chink right
Yeah, but I'm pretty terrible at Mandarin.
>Malay/indo is not that hard for English speakers to learn compared to other languages
They aren't too hard, but I hate how they sound.

>>51839059
t. Alberto Pãobosa
>>
>>51838990
>Der Mann trinke milch.
trinkt* Milch*
>>
>>51839118
You're on your own buddy, I love the sound of those languages. In fact I married someone who speaks both but with Javanese on top

Lel
>>
File: Iguana Francis.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
Iguana Francis.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
>All robots must learn how to speak English.
>All robots happy.
>>
>>51839150
I haven't reached that Duolingo level yet.
>>
File: 1446450560636.jpg (8 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1446450560636.jpg
8 KB, 250x197
>>51839220
>I speak German
>I haven't learnt conjugations of trinken on Duolingo
Pick one Alberto
>>
>>51839220
Mother fucker when you learn a new verb it goes through all the conjugations with you.
>>
>>51838245
I've never heard anglos speaking russian without that vomit inducing accent, but that doesn't make them stupid. They know the language.
>>
>>51839306
>>51839256
To be fair verb conjugations are really advanced. I only know simple stuff like Mädchen, Frau, Mann, Anschluss and Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

I'm going to emmigrate to Berlin, Germany in the summer.
>>
>>51839539
Verb conjugation is some of the first parts of grammar in any language. It's essential, not advanced.
>>
>>51839570
Never heard of it but whatever.
>>
>>51839539
>I'm going to emmigrate to Berlin, Germany in the summer.

Who isn't right? Good job at running from your problems at home instead of fixing them. Typical portuguese mentality. Just know that every german will always look down at you and will never accept you as long as you live.
>>
>>51839952
>Just know that every german will always look down at you and will never accept you as long as you live.
not true btw
>>
>>51839603
Holy shit, is portuguese education American-tier?

You're probably the Angolan anon. I heard people in Portugal learn grammar with fucking Os Lusíadas. No way you wouldn't know what verb conjugation is.
>>
>>51839952
>Just know that every german will always look down at you and will never accept you as long as you live.
Portuguese are Albertos of peace. You're only talking about a large vocal minority of Portuguese. Most of them would never think of running away from Portugal. #NotAllPortuguese
>>
>>51834542
i speak english and german but i'm irish and therefore not anglo
>>
>>51840279
I guess, I never really learned what a verb or a conjugation is.

We kinda skimmed through grammar. Learned about the verb I am You are He is and not much more.

What is grammar good for anyway?
>>
>>51840350
>muh heritage
You're anglo
>>
>>51840350
MUH
>>
I grew up in a city with a lot of international companies. Oil related of course. I've met quite a few Anglos which after having lived here for 10-20+ years only speak English.
Their kids usually go to the international school.
>>
>>51840400
Cool, cultural enclaves exist everywhere. What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>51840392
>ireland
>anglo
celts are not anglo
stop trying to steal my bilingual achievements faggot
>>51840393
>poland
>>
>If I go North there's only Anglos until Russia
>If I go East there's only Anglos until Quebec
>If I go South there's only Anglos until Mexico
>If I go West there's only Anglos until Japan

Even the kids that do French immersion in school to the point of fluency end up forgetting it. There's no use in your daily life for it.
>>
>>51840472
>muh heritage
is poking fun at Americans claiming they're irish.
We aren't saying irish is anglo, we're saying that you aren't irish.
>>
>>51840154
Yes true, you hope deep down there that this isn't true, and some germans might accept you if you look white enough and speak the language well enough, but most will still think of you as that portuguese living in germany.

Also, emigrants should be forced to pay for the fact that we payed for your education yet you're not going to contribute to the economy, a single year of Uni alone costs the state 5000 per student but fees are 1000, multiply that by 12 years of mandatory education.

You're scum for leaving without paying up.
>>
>>51840539
hahaha stop being an idiot
>>
>>51838095
What's really funny is the Americans pumping gas probably make more money and have a higher standard of living than many college graduates in other countries.
>>
>>51840606
You put him in his place nice one
>>
>>51840637
thank you thank you
>>
>>51838619
>speak English
>can go to the best countries in the world

>speak Portuguese
>best country you can go to is Portugal
>People there speak English too
>>
>>51840676
>book a flight to germany
>they ask me if i speak german or english
>i say i don't
>they don't let me book the flight

Sorry bro but i don't need to speak any specific language to visit anywhere.
>>
>>51836736
>All the relevant countries already speak English.

>>51836781
>all you really need is English

>>51836998
>>51837156
>>51837825
>>51840676

It's unbelievable how some anglos are arrogant and deluded.
>>
>>51840606
http://visao.sapo.pt/actualidade/portugal/cada-aluno-custa-em-media-4415-euros-ao-estado=f693178

Your education, assuming you have a Uni degree, costed the State 66227,25 euros. Your parents pay taxes, but they're also paying for their roads, hospitals, police and utilities you used along your life.

Free-rider scum, you should have to pay the difference in taxes between what your shit parents payed and the State subsidized if you're going to be the typical subhuman and abandon your family and everyone you've ever met for a country that will never look to you as an equal.
>>
>>51840879
kek mate you're just being dense now
>>
>>51840856
They think english is going to be the lingua franca forever.
Greeks thought that too in ancient times. Romans did (well,latin was the lingua franca for over 1000 years)
I'll laugh pretty hard when everyone is forced to learn chinese or arabic and anglos will be like those isolated 3rd world countries where no one speaks a second language
>>
>>51840990
>They think english is going to be the lingua franca forever.

What's going to replace it?
>>
>>51836736
>Why would I learn math? All relevant operations are already in a calculator
>Why would I learn to play the guitar? All relevant songs are already being played
>Why would I read a book? All relevant books are already reviewed
You learn things to acquire knowledge, burger. Some people like to do that
>>
>>51841051
Chinese or Arabic
Isn't that implicit in my post?
Don't delude yourself into thinking English is eternal.
Even latin didn't last forever (it lasted a long time but not forever)
>>
>>51840930
You are deflecting and failing to address my points, unless you have a valid objection to my argument you automatically concede I'm right.

Pay up Alberto, and remember not to get killed when the Germs start removing kebab and shoot you by mistake
>>
>>51841103
>Don't delude yourself into thinking English is eternal.
Who the fuck said that? Most people are just betting it will be #1 until they die, and that's all that really concerns them.
>>
>>51841111
hahaha he thinks he's right

you are not
>>
>>51840630

A lot of people are going into trades now because you can make just as much if not more than getting a bachelor's degree, and the the demand is higher because not enough people are going into them.
>>
>>51841103
The rest of the world isn't going to learn Mandarin. The Chinese elite already learn English. 75% of them send their kids to Anglo universities. Yes there's still a billion who wont, but why would you learn a language to talk to a farmer?

If someone in South America is going to learn a second language, English is a much more practical choice than Mandarin.

Arabic? There's more Americans than Arab speakers. Even in France the Arabs speak French. At least use Spanish.
>>
If you're girl , marry me
>>
>>51841103
>arabic

How do you suppose?
>>
>>51841178
Yes I am, onus probandi is on you.

Pay up Alberto, if we had some PM wih balls your parents wouls be put into concentration camps until they payed the debt.

Skilled emigration leaking into the EU is what's killing this country and you are responsible for it.
>>
>>51841311
hahaha sorry sir i don't speak north african
>>
>>51841360
You are yet to show that you are capable or arguing, let alone that you aren't subhuman garbage that freeloaded all his life and now is going to run away.

Try again.
>>
>>51841275
Arab speaking countries have a population that increases at a faster rate than american ones.
The chinese elite learn english so that they can interact with the rest of the world, but if they reach the top they will "force" their language upon others
If you live in south america the obvious choice is spanish not english. It's easier and almost everyone here speaks it
>>51841294
Muslim population (and thus, arabic speakers mainly) is growing fast while anglos are either close to stagnation or stagnated.
It is a distant possibility, but arabic is already a language that crosses borders so it is possible
>>
>>51841275
I don't agree with the languages he chose but you are analyzing things from today's point of view, the future will not be the same as the present
>>
>>51841470
>Arab speaking countries have a population that increases at a faster rate than american ones.
So does Nigeria. Should I learn that too?
>>
>>51841536
Holy shit, just checked, even AFRICA speaks English. I'm set.
>>
>>51841462
you try again i don't have to

you contacted me remember idiot kek hahaha
>>
>>51841618
You still show signs of being devoid of intellect, try again.
>>
>>51841709
hahaha stop being a kek
>>
>>51841470
>Arab speaking countries have a population that increases at a faster rate than american ones.

And what's their economy, especially after these countries have grown?

If the utility of a language was how many people speak it, Mandarin would be the most important language. But Xi Xi Ping and Obama both have their daughters attending American universities.

When French was the Lingua Franca, it wasn't spoken throughout Europe, just European courtrooms.
>>
>>51841738
Nope, try again.
>>
>>51841808
no you
>>
>>51841825
Again, no sign of intellect, and your broken English is embarrassing.

You're probably going to clean toilets in Germany soon enough if your german is as poor as your english.
>>
>>51842045
haha no, i speak english good
>>
>>51840518
please tell me who i am cody
>>
>>51840389
>We kinda skimmed through grammar. Learned about the verb I am You are He is and not much more.
I refuse to accept that, it can't be true.

>What is grammar good for anyway?
Spoke like a true American.
>>
>>51842255
I am a portuguese citizen from Portugal born and raised in Lissabon.
>>
>>51842109
You doing it on purpose now doesn't excuse the fact that your first reply to me >>51840606 was already in a broken English, and that you claim to speak German but can't conjugate the verbs >>51840389

Make your subhuman daddy and mommy proud by abandoning them and your family for another country that doesn't want you though :^)
>>
>>51842354
hahaha top banter my main man

truly excellent
>>
>>51842390
I'm even going to doubt you're actually portuguese now, but the toilet scrubber mentality is here though I'll give you that.
>>
>>51842158

Look man... I can trace my family back to the towns and houses they lived in in Ireland and Scotland.

By no means does this make me either Irish or Scottish. If you are generations into being an American, you are American.

Yes, we have traditions that carried over in ways, even regional accents are influenced by them, but we are American.

I mean you really don't see Canadians, Australians, or Kiwis running around saying they are Irish. Yeah obviously white people came from Europe, but it ends there
>>
>>51842453
what gave it away?
>>
>>51842466
im not even an american citizen faggot
but im sure you know who i am
btw theres only one guy who claims to be an irish immigrant here: me. because americans dont do it. only immigrants do.
>>
>>51842548
You being one of the most subhuman posters under this flag is strong evidence in favor of it.
>>
>>51842631
what an excelent response dear fellow!

let's toast to that.
>>
>>51842598
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>51842697
Don't worry, the dour tone of your posts is letting me know that beneath that wall of sarcasm you're trying to put up you're genuinely mad that I called your subhumaness out.
>>
>>51842598

You know all of 4chan, are you god?
>>
>>51842846
yes yes quite

well carry on
>>
>>51842883
Your ass is pained enough already.
>>
>>51843049
really? how come? please be as detailed as you can.
>>
>>51842598

Anyone can be anything on the Internet desu
>>
>>51843094
Why should I? You already know it, besides I completely derailed your previous discussion about your miserable German skills
>>
>>51834542
Fuck no. Why in God's name would I learn the languages of my inferiors?
>>
>>51842783
t. John Smith
>>51842865
yes
t. god
but seriously, in all my time ive never seen an american claim to be irish. irl it happens all the time, but never on chans
>>51843169
this is an international board.
>>
>>51843181
you didn't derail anything. if anything i'm derailing your life by wasting your time ;)
>>
>>51843254
And yet you're still here, even after having your butt devastated in previous posts.
>>
>>51843335
hey if i'm wasting your time, my time has been put to good use
>>
>>51843248

I've seen it a couple of times, not as common as irl, but I have seen it happen.

That also has to be annoying for you irl.
We have a guy at my company that is Irish and it never fails when we go to lunch or something someone has to tell him about their family. I avoid the topic unless asked about it.
>>
>>51841275
>Chinese
>farmer

Farmer doesn't even say proper Mandarin
>>
>>51843391
You're implying I have better things to do with my time, than you do, when you're the one that should be brushing up on German so you can better hear their commands when telling you to scrub toilets, and besides this I still derailed your discussion and made you mad by calling out your subhumaness.
>>
>>51843533
oh i'm not mad. i voted ps and i'm leaving you in your shit country and flee to a place where i can enjoy my whiteness
>>
>>51843631
Your pathetic last ditch attempt to make me mad fails to account for the fact that I already know you're worthless trash who can't argue nor speak for shit and therefore probably isn't going to a better life, but to get knifed by Hans when the Germs start removing kebab and they catch you during your toilet cleaning spree.
>>
>>51843533
i know you're subhuman but what am i?
>>
>>51843807
really? tell me more about that.
>>
>>51843807
i'm not trying to make you mad, you're already mad man
>>
>>51843807
ok i give up you are better than me
>>
>>51843400
only thing is, if you see someone claim.to be irish here, most likely its me btw
>>
>>51843809
>>51843851
>Exactly one minute apart
>>51843907
>Trying this hard but still failing

Wow, desu I already knew who you were when you posted the emigration thing, I just love making you feel mad and wasting your afternoon angrily typing away at your keyboard.

You're still pathetic though :^)
>>
>>51843999

you are being insecure though

i have nothing to do all day
>>
>>51844025
well, to assume makes an ass of u and me after all :^^^^^^)))))))
>>
>>51843999
>being this mad desu hahaha
>>
>>51843999
you literally can't take it hahaha
>>
>>51844076
>>51844116
>>51844167
Either I'm wasting the time of 3 people, or, which is the case, I'm wasting the time of 1 person 3 times over.

Still winning, you're still subhuman.
>>
>>51834542

>Hallo! Kann ich dir helfen?
>hello yes where can I find ze train?

How am I supposed to practice my language skills if you're so çucked that you can't even speak your own language??
>>
>>51844281
man how are you not getting this. i have literally nothing else to do. i will take up hours of your time if you don't admit defeat.
>>
>>51844281
stop being butthurt man
>>
>>51834542
Why do you know shitposters on /int/ are usually from English-speaking countries like US and Australia?
That's because posters from non-English speaking countries are required to be intellectual enough to know English while Anglos aren't and even mentally retarded can post here.
That's why Anglos' posts are shit and low-quality

>inb4 japs can't speak English either and their posts are shittier
Yes that's also the reason why Japanese on /int/ are shit
>>
>>51844286
say "bitte, ich will mein deutsch mit dir üben :^)))))))"
thats what i do when im with my family in switzerland. they all want to practice their english, but im strict.
>>
>>51844364
>>51844423
I'm in the exact same situation except for the fact that:
I really don't have anything else to do, I don't have to brush up on language skills and change my poor comprehension

I'm not replying twice to every post

And I've not been proven a subhuman ITT like you have been.

Heck I don't even have classes tomorrow.
>>
>>51844582
damn it i have class tomorrow morning

can i ask where do you live?
>>
>>51834542
Japanese and Uzbek.
>>
>>51844629
afternoon actually nvm
>>
>>51844629
In Portugal.
>>
>>51844748
what city?
>>
>>51844790
Not really your business desu, I know a lot more about you than you do about me, let's keep it that way.
>>
>>51844931
what do you know about me exactly? i'm actually curious desu
>>
>>51845022
A lot from this and previous threads.
>>
>>51845117
if you don't say anything i'll just assume you know nothing.
>>
File: california flag.jpg (191 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
california flag.jpg
191 KB, 1536x1024
Spanish due to being a Commiefornian. You have to have zero curiosity to not learn at least some Spanish when living in this state.

I learned Esperanto for fun when I was a teenager and I took American Sign Language for my language credit in high school.

Now I just sporadically learn phrases in other languages or how to read different writing systems.
>>
>>51845166
But you'll know deep down there it isn't true, and you'll keep replying to me.
>>
>>51845267
oh i'll always keep replying

but at least i'll know you're full of shit
>>
>>51845341
Yes you will.

And no you won't.
>>
>>51845491
what year was i born in?

what city was i born in?

what am i studying in college?

what kind of cookies am i eating?

what is my job?

if you answer correctly to any of these questions you might know something. if you don't you don't know anyhting. "onus probandi is on you."
>>
>>51845703
I didn't claim to know everything about you, only that I know a lot more about you than you do about me, which you'd know if you could read properly.

Also, you're losing it man. Be sure your next post has a sarcastic but dour message in your characteristic comically poor english, that will sure show me :^)
>>
>>51845922
you said you knew a lot about me than i did about you

from this thread and previous threads, yet you don't want to show what you know despite claiming to have access to previous threads. if you indeed had access to previous threads you'd know a lot of personal stuff about me, even recent stuff i posted on /int/. case closed bye man. you could at least tell me where you live so we could talk more face to face, but you refused. alas, i win. see you around, bye.
>>
Yep, leaning Russian. Just got my visa in the mail, going to Russia for a couple weeks tomorrow.
>>
>>51846147
>Thinking I'm as stupid as him and that I'll reveal where I live before he does it first

>you said you knew a lot about me than i did about you
And I do. I also know that despite saying "bye i winz" in your 4th grade English you'll keep replying :^)
>>
File: 7610764568.jpg (46 KB, 512x579) Image search: [Google]
7610764568.jpg
46 KB, 512x579
>oh hello there, i'm from portugal
>>
>>51834542
To be fair, I don't see why any of the Anglos would ever need to learn another language. English is a perfectly good language, and everyone knows it. If you're planning on going somewhere they can't speak English, then of course you'd consider to learn a new language. But if not, then why bother? It's not necessary. I wouldn't.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.