[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/RCC/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15
File: pope-francis.jpg (26 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis.jpg
26 KB, 500x291
Roman Catholic Church thread

>Invited: Catholics, those who want to convert or learn about Catholicism

>Not invited: Protestants (especially Anglicans), Muslims, Jews, atheists, etc
>>
>>51804748

Pretty much everyone on this board is not invited.
>>
paedos get out
>>
>>51805365
Catholics are a stronger community than you think
>>
>>51805506
I always assumed this board is full of religious /pol/tier Protestants... Hmm
>>
File: martin-luther.jpg (563 KB, 1461x1509) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther.jpg
563 KB, 1461x1509
how does it feel to know that pope loves muslims more than christians?
>>
>>51805365
What about the Orthodoxies? Coptics and Greek/Russian Orthodoxy are still things that didn't stop being things.

>>51805381
>UK
>Criticizing pedos
Fix your government first

>>51805647
Calvinism best ism!
>>
>>51805845
If it's non-Catholic Christian, it's Protestant.

t. great Schism
>>
>>51804748
catholic are nothing but cows for the pope. To be part of a religion where their representatives rape your kids and the offender doesn't get punished but is instead moved in another parish so he can rape more kids

Also catholics are a sect because they bestow ultimate authority in the pope who sees himself as a divine representative of a saint,which contradicts baby jesus and his teachings.
>>
>>51805685
Tell me, who was the guy on the 5 marks (east germany) banknote?
>>
southern germany reporting in
>>
>>51805365
>protestants
This would be just americans and the english, lutheranism isn't too hot in northern europe these days.
However, yes, americans do take up a large portion of the posters.
>>
>>51805685
Martin Luther was a fat cocksucking piece of shit that is directly responsible for muslim and jews having their way with europe

Kill yourself protestants
>>
Question, fellow Christians, why did we ever let the Muslims of Turkey kuck us out of our precious Hagia Sophia in Constantinople?
>>
File: 1434580758641.png (320 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1434580758641.png
320 KB, 500x375
>>51804748
BUILD WALL
U
I
L
D
>>
>>51804748
Although I am not very religious myself, I do think catholicism is retarded.
Religion should be something personal, and not something dictated by the "church" and the pope.
It's up to each person how he interprets the bible.
>>
File: Religions_of_the_US.png (79 KB, 1513x1031) Image search: [Google]
Religions_of_the_US.png
79 KB, 1513x1031
>>51807839
I agree, let's build a wall around The South

>retardestants in charge of not being dindus and half-breeds
>>
File: 1441841633249.png (212 KB, 1613x927) Image search: [Google]
1441841633249.png
212 KB, 1613x927
>>51808067
t. juan lopez
>>
>>51808112
>t. jamal mcchikenwingz

Take your fanfic bastardized version of religion and go fuck yourself. Pick up a bible and drop your twice abridged book of mormon, NIGGER
>>
File: pbuh.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
pbuh.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
>>51808203
>>
File: average protestant american.jpg (26 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
average protestant american.jpg
26 KB, 320x263
>>51808278
>posting an obese fatty with zero knowledge of theology
>posting an obese brainless cunt who set the white race back 500 years
Protestant """""""people""""""" are scum
>>
File: pbuh.jpg (243 KB, 666x725) Image search: [Google]
pbuh.jpg
243 KB, 666x725
>>51808398
>>
>>51808398
>set the white race back 500 years
How is this true?
The religious wars between protestants and catholics did not have an effect that big.

>zero knowledge of theology
He read the bible and he studied theology.
Wouldn't exactly call that zero knowledge.
>>
File: kfnrRIk9.jpg (90 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
kfnrRIk9.jpg
90 KB, 480x640
crashing this heretic thread

give back Constantinople
>>
How does it feel knowing your own pope condemns you for believing in the tenents of your own religion as absolute truth and considers your anti-ecumenicism to be cancer killing his church?
>>
>>51804748
last catholic continent reporting in. desu vult 2bh
>>
>Still submit to the roman empire's ideologies after 1500 years
>>
>>51808563
“Fundamentalism is a sickness that is in all religions,” said the Pontiff. “We Catholics have some — and not some, many — who believe they possess the absolute truth and go ahead dirtying the other with calumny, with disinformation, and doing evil. They do evil. I say this because it is my Church.”

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2015/11/30/pope-francis-says-he-is-not-losing-any-sleep-over-vatican-leaks-trial/
>>
>>51808547
he is a cathokek. They are clueless when it comes to the bible. They only do things that their tumblr pope says.
>>
>>51808697
Martin Luther? Catholic? What?
>>
>>51808747
OP is. Luther was a little loony, but he saved Christianity
>>
>>51808833
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood
>>
>>51808560
I want to be in a religion where monks look like this!
>>
File: photo_verybig_118234.jpg (61 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
photo_verybig_118234.jpg
61 KB, 500x358
>>51808833
niggers out senpai
>>
>>51808614
>not submitting to based Roman Empire ideologies

what are you a faggot?
>>
>>51808833
>saved christianity
TOP FUCKING KEK

>inspired every retard to cut and fill in the blanks for their own special snowflake interpretation of the bible
>thousands of cults forming with people speaking in tongues, being "possessed", other heretical shit
>"christianity" throws out the new testament and is reduced to jewery but with a cross instead of a star of david

Proddyscum will defend this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5lbnBMP2U

Every deplorable act that fedoras use to condemn religion stems from the protestant reformation.
>>
>>51808983
wow catholics are so rude Tbh

Who are you to judge?
>>
>>51809131
a proper christian? non catholics are worse than animals to be quite honest
>>
File: 1449409847832.png (871 KB, 1600x1114) Image search: [Google]
1449409847832.png
871 KB, 1600x1114
>>51809187
rape any boys today lad?
>>
>>51809187
>believing that someone else can tell you how you should believe in god
l m a o
>>
>>51808983
A civilized man. You're truly kek, you're catholic even if the roman empire never reached Poland.
>>
>>51809187
Stop this. Since Vatican II everyone is part of the Catholic Church in one way or another. Pope Francis told me that if an atheist is a good person, he will go to heaven. Good works are all that matter. Read the encyclical Evangeli Gaudium and the documents of Vatican II (which matter more than the Bible). You are being an anti-ecumenical neopelagian and that is the biggest sin in Catholicism in 2015.
>>
>>51809255
>unchanged orthodox church
Not exactly. The Russian church changed the sign of the cross and the Old Believers are still angry about it (and other things)
>>
>>51809300
the Catholic Church is open to all
just like French girls legs are to arab immigrants
>>
>>51808614
What is law?
>>
>>51809255
statistics show that paedophilia is more prevalent in regular schooling than in the catholic church

Of course, retardestants don't believe in education anyway, nor statistics. Instead they rely on the ramblings and screaming of some redneck with a megaphone screaming out into a stadium or a streetcorner saying "REPENT! REPENT! GIVE US YOUR MONEY FO' DA LAWD-AH"
>>
>>51809306
>Canada
>had to mention current year
>>
>>51809376
good lads desu, but the reforms were done to correct errors in translation of the scripture and get the russian and greek churches on the same page

>>51809436
I guess you don't believe in reading because you're replying to an orthodox.
>>
>>51809379
>the Catholic Church is open to all
"Thank you master to accept me"
>>
File: gin 5.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
gin 5.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>All these heretics jelly of the one true church started by Jesus Christ
Stay mad protestant faggots.
>>
>tfw raised in a Catholic household and confirmed
>Recently dad has been interested in Jewish kabbalah, and even lit a menorah (He's the equivalent of the dad from Lord of War) and even wanted me to read some kabbalah verses with him last night

help me
>>
>>51807975
>Although I am not very educated myself, I do think reading is retarded. Reading should be something personal, and not something dictated by "academic standards" and professors. It's up to each person how he interprets words.
>>
>>51809441
>catholic
>ignoring teachings of catholicism

"But is subsequent centuries much more extensive dissensions made their appearance and large communities came to be separated from the full communion of the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, both sides were to blame. Those who are now born into these communities and who are brought up in the faith of Christ cannot be accused of the sin involved in the separation, and the Catholic Church looks upon them as sisters and brothers, with respect and love." Vatican II

>>51810179
Catholicism =/= all religion
>>
>>51804748
>Not invited: Anglicans
Why? Theit king just set up an antipope, but they're still Catholics,
>>
>>51810159
Honestly just ask him straight up if he still believes that Jesus is the Messiah and you'll know if it's harmless or not. Honestly we share the Old Testament with Jews so it's whatever.
>>
What name did you pick at confirmation? I think I rolled with Mark
>>
>>51810448
>still Catholics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Agreement
>"The Perth Agreement is an agreement made by the prime ministers of the 16 Commonwealth realms during the bi-annual Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in October 2011 in Perth, Western Australia, concerning amendments to the royal succession laws, namely, replacing male-preference primogeniture, under which male descendants take precedence over females in the line of succession, with absolute primogeniture; ending the disqualification of those married to Roman Catholics; and limiting the number of individuals in line to the throne requiring permission from the sovereign to marry. However, the ban on Catholics and other non-Protestants becoming sovereign and the requirement for the sovereign to be in communion with the Church of England remained."
>>
>>51810490
I went with John desu. My friend went with Aloysius. Couldn't help but think how gay that name was kek
>>
>>51810490
Augustine

>>51810448
>>51810699
Crusader LARPers from /pol/ don't know the teachings of Catholicism. Since Vatican II the Catholic Church has taught the Church of Christ is not the Catholic Church, but merely subsists in it. It states that salvation is to be found in non-Catholic religions. The Church urges that Catholic schools do not encourage conversion. Pope Francis actively discourages proselytism. Read Lumen Genitum.

The armchair theologians ITT are not welcome in their own Church which I find absolutely hilarious.

t. ex Catholic
>>
>raised Catholic in Northern USA
>move to Texas years ago
>nothing but Protestant heathens
>all the Catholics are Mexicans

Pls send Crusaders
>>
>>51810798
Proselytization =/= Evangelization

Proselytizing implies using charity or laws or blackmailing, etc. to convert someone. Evangelizing is still okay. In other words, we're told not to coerce people into Catholicism, but instead to merely teach or lead by example. Also
>It states that salvation is to be found in non-Catholic religions
>It states that salvation CAN be found in non-Catholic religions
>>
>>51810845
Racism is a mortal sin anon, you might want to go to confession. What would Pope Francis say to you?
>>
>>51811220
nah it isn't Jesus called gentile woman a dog which was a racial slur
>>
>>51811187
Which is completely contrary to the pre-VII teachings on religious liberty (condemned by numerous Popes, see the Syllabus of Errors) and contradicts the theological principle of extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

>>51811292
You're trolling. You must not know anything of Catholicism and just have a hard on for the crusaders. You probably masturbate daily and don't think that is a sin too.
>>
>>51811543
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

seems like you are the one who doesn't know anything
>>
>>51811187
>>51811543
According to traditional Catholic teaching (proclaimed infallibly at the Council of Florence by Eugene IV and the Council of Trent) salvation can not be found outside of the Catholic Church and all men must be submitted to the Roman Pontiff. The modern Catholic Church (CCC, Vatican II) contradicts this.

Of course the Bible says Christ is the only way to salvation.
>>
This is the worst board on 4chan.
>>
>>51811723
>jesus spoke in parables and in the language of 1st century jews
>that means racism is ok
>ignoring book of romans "neither jew nor greek in christ"
>ignoring "love thy neighbour" bc muh hussars

The Vatican (Karol Wojtyla specifically) has literally written a document called "Against Racism."

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/justpeace/documents/rc_pc_justpeace_doc_20010829_comunicato-razzismo_en.html

https://www.ewtn.com/library/curia/pcjpraci.htm

Of course you're Catholic so I don't expect you to know or follow your own Church's teachings.
>>
>>51811960
>thy neighbour
exactly and neighbour does not mean every person on the planet but fellow christians

dumb canuck
>>
>>51808203
Jews are G_d's chosen people.
>>
>>51812009
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

>1935 The equality of men rests essentially on their dignity as persons and the rights that flow from it:

>Every form of social or cultural discrimination in fundamental personal rights on the grounds of sex, race, color, social conditions, language, or religion must be curbed and eradicated as incompatible with God's design.

As a Catholic you literallly have to believe this.
>>
>>51810159
The Kabbalah isn't meant for laymen. It requires years of preparation.
>>
HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT

JESUS WAS A NIGGER

MARY WAS A WHORE

JOSEPH WAS A CVCK
AND ARCHANGEL GABRIEL WAS A FAGGOT?
>>
File: JPII.png (460 KB, 724x894) Image search: [Google]
JPII.png
460 KB, 724x894
reporting in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gJQjCa-lLk
>>
File: Murillo_immaculate_conception.jpg (2 MB, 2012x2952) Image search: [Google]
Murillo_immaculate_conception.jpg
2 MB, 2012x2952
Do you commemorate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception ?
Its tomorrow. Its a holiday here.
>>
>>51808583
aren't you, according to some brazilian on /christian/, getting swarmed by tons of neo-protestants?
>>
>>51812464
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>51812464
no, we have our own Virgin apparition here
http://www.marypages.com/LadyCaacupe.htm
btw shouldn't this thread be at /his/?

>>51812585
>A FUCKING LEAF
>no longer a relevant mene
>>
>>51812640
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
File: 1449187657542.png (73 KB, 453x847) Image search: [Google]
1449187657542.png
73 KB, 453x847
>>51812585
God bless

>>51812640
Ow, never heard of her.
Yes, it definitely should be on /his/... ow well
>>
>>51804748

Christianity is Christianity regardless of how it is followed. I myself don't like to specify my denomination. I call myself a follower of Christ. Aren't we all followers of Christ regardless of what denomination we are?

"If a country divides itself into groups which fight each other, that country will fall apart." Mark 3:24-25
>>
>>51810448
anglicans are protestants that try to fit the cool parts of traditional christianity, but they fail.
Read their declaration fo faith:
>Church founded by Christ to guide christians... but it can fail, so bible ultimate authority;
>Sola fide and gracia or whatever the last one is spelled;
>Ecumenical Councils awesome and inspired by God to define doctrine, but they can err;
>Sacraments are awesome, but look, you don't really have to take them if you don't feel in the mood;
>Anglican rite is sweet and ancient, but you can worship however you want;
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn70K1YcER0
>>
>>51808398
Are you fucking stupid?

Protestants built this fucking country m8
>>
Black Catholic here.
>>
Spaniard, defender of the True Faith and sword of the Papal Stated, reporting in.
>>
>>51812796
>protestants built this country
by collecting welfare?

The founding fathers were deists. They had nothing in common with reverend Billy Bob McGee in his makeshift chapel/meth lab playing country music during mass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0qeBIfVhw
>>
Is any of the stuff about the churches wanting to end the schism / making the pope a patriarch true? I heard recently pope francis has been suggesting as much.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.