[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the difference between the Accusative and Dative case?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_3486.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3486.gif
982 KB, 320x287
fuck it, i don't know where else to ask.
basically im learning German. the thing is, I just can't wrap my head around the accusative and dative cases. i don't fully grasp the concept of the two, simply because they seem like the exact same thing to me. a simple explanation would be nice.
>>
>>51782459
http://germanforenglishspeakers.com/nouns/case/
>>
>Angloshits in charge of learning a real language
>>
I give you the book.

you = dative
the book = accusative
>>
>swedish has some accusatives
>I have no idea what they are
>>
>>51783464
swedish doesn't use cases youre saying?
>>
>>51783464
Back to school, nigger.
>>
>>51782459
>Auf frage "Wo, da" kommt der dativ. Akkusativ auf "Wohin"

I remember something like that from my German teacher in highschool. Basically when talking about where something is going TO, use accusative, when asking where they ARE, use dative.
>>
>>51782459
>i don't know where else to ask.
the entire internet is at your disposal and you don't know where else to ask?
>>
>>51785873
>the internet isat your disposal
Yeah, i know. I used the whole web it felt like. I just wanted a simple answer for a simple man
>>
>>51782834
It's really as simple as this, and just learn which prepositions go with which cases.
>>
>>51786037
Yeah, it was more of the way everyone described it that confused me. Trying to understand what a case is for the first time is very hard to grasp.
>>
i fuck you -accusative
i fuck for you -dative
>>
I sent him a card - card is acc, him is dative.
I gave my lunch to my brother - brother is dative, lunch is acc.
I read a book - a book is acc.
I play football - football is acc

Dative is indirect object, accusative is direct object.
>>
>>51787223
Expanding on this - if adding "to" before the object still makes sense, it is provably dative. If there are 2 objects, and you can drop one and still have a sentence, the droppable one is probably dative.
IE, in "she was sendng a letter to her sister", you can say "she was sending a letter" but not "she was sending to her sister".
I suppose you could say "she was writing a letter to her sister" can drop the letter and be "she was writing to her sister", but that is colloquial and the letter is still implied. I hope that makes sense?
>>
>>51782787
This. It's like watching little kids, playing in a puddle.
>>
>>51787954

>unironically being this arrogant
But hey whatever you have to do to get through the day, it must be hard being a socially retarded teutonic ape
>>
>>51788178
>calling me a teutonic ape , when his language is so primitive
Oh please, contain your butthurt.
>>
Just use always "mir" & "dir" instead of "mich" &"dich".Then tell the people you are from Berlin.
Problem jesolved
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.