[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With which moral stand point did Egypt/Panama justify ownership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
With which moral stand point did Egypt/Panama justify ownership of the Suez/Panama canals?

They are not resources ""stolen"" by Europeans. They are immense engineering projects funded and built by British/Americans.

How did they get away with taking control of them?
>>
>>51781698
Did they? I didn't know. Are they owned by the Egyptian/Panaman governments?
>>
>implying panama took control of the canal

a peanut farmer from georgia gave it away.
>>
>>51781698
We gave Panama the canal.
>>
>>51782512
>>51782516
You didn't give it away. He pressured you guys into signing it over in a deal otherwise he would nationalize it.
>>
>>51781698
UN desu.
>>
>>51782538
shut the fuck up.
>>
>>51782538
Nationalize it with what army? Empty threat.
>>
>>51782538
>into signing it over in a deal otherwise he would nationalize it.

have you looked at the record of countries that tried to nationalize American industries?

unlike Spain being a kek to Argentina, we don't fuck around
>>
>>51782570
>He thinks America could just invade over a canal
Okay...
>>
>>51781698
We gave away the Panama Canal when we realized that it's responsible for this stupid fuck.
>>
>>51782650
>he thinks we would need to invade land we already had thousands of troops stationed on
Stop talking out of your asshole.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.