[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to Hawaii for personal reasons. Maybe stay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: VRBO_Map_Hawaii.gif (13 KB, 646x404) Image search: [Google]
VRBO_Map_Hawaii.gif
13 KB, 646x404
So I'm going to Hawaii for personal reasons. Maybe stay there a month or so. In Honolulu and maybe a few other places.

Can you tell me what's good in Hawaii? What can I do there to pass the time?
>>
>>51776469
Surfing tbqh
>>
Loads of Filipinos from the plantation days

Anyways honestly I never was in a city or town, I hitchhiked around one of the islands and had a fling with a surfer. Lost weight and got eaten alive by mosquito's. It was fun, bring a tent and money for food because you will be starving if like you think living in a rainforest will provide all your needs like some haoles.
>>
>>51776728
There was a plantation in hawaii?
>>
>>51776865

they called farms on islands plantations back in the day

doesn't necessarily mean they were muh southern slavery plantations
>>
Beach
Hiking

have fun
>>
>>51776469
>for personal reasons
When? Why? Also how much money do you have?
I'm on the big island.
>>
>>51776469
snorkel/scuba and look at the fishes, but you can probably do that in the philippines.
surfing is pretty cool to try too.
i went tubing when i was there, it was pretty relaxing.

the 'plantations' are like sugar farms, nothing to do with muh cottonslavery.
>>
>>51776911
No they were plantations of magnitude
>>51776865
A step above slave labor, they created a caste system.

It went

Hawaiian Haoles
_
Portuguese and Cape Verdeans
Japanese
Chinese
Filipinos
_
Native Hawaiians
>>
>>51777129
>When?
Probably in February.

>Why?
I need to take care of my grandpa for a month so he can settle some shit.

>Also how much money do you have?
Probably enough to go sight seeing or something. What can you recommend?
>>
>>51777162
>A step above slave labor,

they created a caste system.
>It went
>Hawaiian Haoles
They owned the plantations

>_
>Portuguese and Cape Verdeans

They were resonsible for managing the platation camps and whipping the shit out anyone who decided to not comply.
>Japanese
>Chinese
Both were cheap labor
>Filipinos
They were used as scabs to break up any labor disputes and were dispieds by chinks and nips.

>_
>Native Hawaiians
They were outside the plantation system due to their dwindling population and alot of them being drunkards

>>51777166
>I need to take care of my grandpa for a month so he can settle some shit.
Why the fuck havent you moved here if you can get citizenship?

>>51777166
>Probably enough to go sight seeing or something. What can you recommend?

Well on Oahu seeing sets break on the north shore is always a nice site(never enter the water),

if you make it over to my island, i would hike through volcano national park, go to mauna kea(there should be snow when you arrive), hike through pololū valley and waimanu valley.
>>
>>51777491
...you sound like a Mainland haole or a Japanese/Haole hapa
>>
>>51777491
>hiking
Okay, that's pretty cool. Anything else? How about boating? I'm not a surfer and I have no interest for it, I dunno if I would give it a try,

>Why the fuck haven't you moved here if you can get citizenship?
I don't want to live in Hawaii long term. I'm living a happy life here.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.