[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us- canada-35021210 >he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: average_american.gif (179 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
average_american.gif
179 KB, 600x390
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35021210

>he will anger many with his call to prevent those on the terrorist watch list from purchasing firearms

Why do Americans literally support terrorism?
>>
>>51776064
thats a big gun
>>
>>51776088
4 u
>>
Constitution
>>
File: ese-kermit_o_gifsoup-com.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ese-kermit_o_gifsoup-com.gif
2 MB, 320x240
is that guy.....hunting..... with an antitank rifle?
>>
>>51776169
If your constitution prevents you from denying known terrorist suspects access to semi-automatic weapons then maybe it's time to update it :^)
>>
what the fuck determines if you should be put on the terror watch list?

the government makes the decision based on whatever arbitrary fucking shit they want

also it is a watchlist, not proven terrorists; hence no reason to remove a persons rights since they committed no crime

so literally if we denied guns to terror watch list people it would be the same as taking rights away from people for no actual reason. this is dystopian shit, letting the government decide who is allowed to have weapons or not is asking for 1984

in a way it resembles that removing of rights from opposing political parties in dictatorships
>>
>>51776214
I'd rather have to deal with shootings on the news out in bumblefuck nowhere than have to give up my unused apartment to mudslimes :^)

Enjoy your beer and schnitzel while you can Niklas
>>
>>51776223
a true terrorist can be anyone

not that that's how the term is invented but that is the idea

of course with this it is all about radicalization so muslims and immigrants are targeted
>>
>>51776214
Constitution is there to protect citizens' right to depose tyrannical government with guns. Terrorists also fight the government, it's only natural that the Constitution safeguards their gun rights too.
>>
>>51776223
this

terrorism watch list is arbitrary and completely up to the government, you can't give the government the ability to take away peoples rights without an actual trial and since denying someones second amendment right is just that there would need to be trials to prove you are a terrorist
>>
>>51776064
There is no due process against getting put on a watch list.

>>51776203
He's hunting tanks
>>
File: triggered_american.jpg (70 KB, 1680x948) Image search: [Google]
triggered_american.jpg
70 KB, 1680x948
>>51776223
In his speech, Obama says he wants terrorist suspects who are on the NO FLY LIST to be denied access to semi-automatic weapons. I kind of doubt that you get on that for "no actual reason".

It's delightful how easy it is to trigger Americans with this topic.
>maybe terrorist suspects shouldn't be able to buy assault rifles at walmart
>how dare u insult MUH FREEDUMS literally dictatorship AM I BEING DETAINED???
>>
>>51776203
>greeks don't hunt tanks

wow haha what?
>>
>>51776336
>I kind of doubt
Oh, well if Anon kind of doubts it, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>51776336
but the thing is they can change the watch list to whatever they want for whatever reason behind closed doors, there is no direct representation involved with developing the criteria for a terror watch list

also being on the no fly list denies no rights, their is no amendments for air travel rights, hence no need to have due process to deny it. The same is not true for 2nd amendment rights so you can't transfer the no fly list to the no guns list. Honestly you germans don't understand how messed up our government already is, giving them the power to decide who gets weapons will fuck us in the long run
>>
>>51776336
>>
>>51776336
there are procedures to introduce things that takes a way things

he does not follow them, like bush this is a war emergency thing like homeland security
>>
>>51776346
>>51776396
And if I'm like 80% sure?
I mean, I don't know of anyone who was put on the no-fly list for posting dank memes or having too many bernie sanders bumper stickers.

But if teh evil guvahment wanted to take away your guns, freedoms and deep friend butter, couldn't it just do so at any time anyway? They already have the power to decide who gets weapons and they could implement ridiculous anti-gun laws at any time if they wanted to oppress the people?

Also, I never understood that argument. Does anyone unironically think that the government wouldn't dare to become oppressive just because the people have guns? Seems to me like 1) most gun-owners wouldn't go around shooting politicians to defend their freedoms and 2) the military could probably handle a bunch of rednecks with shotguns without too much of a problem
>>
Flying is not a human right. Its not protected by any amendment. Flying is a privilege.

Bearing and keeping arms is a human right. It is protected by the US Constitution.

We should no more take away the right to bear arms than we should the right to free speech or the right to religion. Also who's to say that the government wouldn't get super super generous with its "terrorism watch list"?

The solution to terrorism should never be to suspend the rights of Americans. That is letting the terrorist win.
>>
>what is due process
>>
>>51776549
If you're 80% sure take it to court. Otherwise STFU.
>>
>>51776596
Sorry, what exactly am I supposed to take to which court? This isn't fun if you all get this buttblasted so quickly :(
>>
>>51776653
Good question. What are you supposed to take to court?
>>
>>51776549
im not some sort of anarchist libertarian but guerrilla warfare is effective as fuck, the point isn't to decisively defeat the government but more so to make it impossible to conquer the people without full scale slaughter.

80% sure doesn't mean anything, unless the people on this no fly list were given complete due process then it doesn't mean anything. Also whatever crime you commit to get yourself banned from flying might not necessarily make sense to also ban you from guns (Eg. harassing flight attendant or jokingly shouting Allahu ackbar on flight) Either way Obama doesn't decide who would be on the watch list so his no fly people proposal doesn't matter and it would definitely be brought down in a sub committee if he tried to pass it.
>>
>>51776653
denial of right is not a matter of necesity

that is the theory anyway
>>
>>51776336
>I kind of doubt that you get on that for "no actual reason".
Complete bullshit. You literally can get there for having the wrong last name or if some guy clicked on your name accidentally. Maybe youre on the list because your name sounded like some cover name of bin-Laden. Hes dead but you never can be too sure.
You can get there for traveling to the wrong country too often. You stopped in Riad while flying to Australia? Well, fuck you!
You can get there for making a bad FB comment on your fake left troll account.
>>
File: 1395027583972.jpg (4 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1395027583972.jpg
4 KB, 125x114
>mfw the americans in this thread

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH DANCE PUPPETS! DANCE!
>>
>>51776754
Ok, the due process bit makes sense. But is it reasonable that someone on a terrorist watchlist can just buy semi-automatic weapons with no questions asked?
Of course if you're on that list and are denied weapons then you should be able to appeal it and be offered a fair process.
>>
OP, i believe the term is brainwashed.
>>
>>51776934
what is the point of this post
>>
>>51776336
There was a story a few years ago about a woman who helped her son move to Atlanta. She didn't want to drive back, and since she didn't need to, she booked a one way ticket back. She got put on the no fly list.
>>
>>51776941
it's not about this list but how this list is made
not just okay we have a problem lets make this list

there are courts he has to go to because it deals with the things that are protected by the instrument that protects him
>>
>muh guns
>>
Because, the idea of infringing our own rights because of terrorism. Is both stupid and frightening.

IT would be like France banning street cafes and rock concerts after their recent attacks.
>>
>>51776941
Of course it's reasonable.

If there was sufficient evidence to convict them of a crime they'd be in jail, not just on a list. If you have evidence, bring it. There's your fair process.
>>
>>51777052
>that analogy
It would literally be like France banning the purchase of assault weapons by known terrorist suspects - oh wait...
>>
Would it be legal in America to have a big doormat with "Allah" written in Arabic in your business to prevent Muslims from entering?
>>
>>51777195
>It would literally be like France banning the purchase of assault weapons by known terrorist suspects - oh wait...
Queqque, didn't really stop the attacks from happening did it? :^)
>>
>>51777195
>known terrorist
would be sent to unspecified euro safehouses
>>
>>51777228
Yes
>>
>>51777228
Probably but once they got wind of it there would be SJWs camped outside day and night and then nobody, Muslim or not, would dare go near.
>>
>>51777228

No idea but it would make you a big racist asshole.
>>
File: 1322.gif (61 KB, 410x296) Image search: [Google]
1322.gif
61 KB, 410x296
>>51777186
Do Americans like not get nuances?
Maybe there's something between
>We are 100% sure that guy is a terrorist, let's throw him in prison
and
>50 assault rifles and 5 tons of tnt? coming right up, Mr Abdul al Jihadi. Nice death to America shirt btw
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07_02-10-40.png (296 KB, 981x702) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07_02-10-40.png
296 KB, 981x702
>>51777228
Yes, but someone who tried to make a fag free zone got fined a quarter million dollars
>>
>>51777228
it could be a hate speech thing
>>
>>51776064
Sounds like the BBC is just editorializing in favor of their favorite man on the planet.
>>
>>51777288

hopefully we can make america a muslim free zone

we're nearly there already :DDD
>>
>>51777279
Do Germans not get rights?

Oh...hehe.

Just because the guy got noticed doesn't mean you get to control him.
>>
>>51777278
No, it would be a great idea that might upset a few mudslimes and faggots like you.
>>
File: redneck.png (162 KB, 369x268) Image search: [Google]
redneck.png
162 KB, 369x268
>>51777288
Exactly what I'd expect someone who did that to look like
>>
>>51777340
No, it would be a terrible idea unless he lives in some bumfuck southern small town.
>>
>>51777340

No its an asshole idea that costs you business. There's no reason to do it other than look like a stupid jerk.
>>
>>51777278
Islam is not a race.
>>
>>51776986
Hakim is just mad he got spotted while trying to cross the border.
>>
>>51777452

Neither is New Zealand. What if I put a NZ flag as a welcome mat, so no NZ people could come in? How would that make you feel?

Try using the golden rule for once.
>>
>>51777360
Exactly, just like how Chick-fil-A went out of business when the liberal media lambasted them about their charitable giving.
>>
>>51777644
>What if I put a NZ flag as a welcome mat

No one would care.
>>
>>51777350
indeed but assuming you're a white brit you'd be in far better company with that man as your companion when visiting florida.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638600/The-families-two-British-holidaymakers-murdered-Florida-face-fresh-anguish-teenage-killer-attempts-conviction-overturned.html
>>
americans are terrorists, more news at 11
>>
>>51777644
>having muslim tier feelings about a flag
>>
>>51776653
>surprised at Yank butthurt

Mate, what made you think that you could have a decent conversation with burgermonkeys?
>>
>>51778382
Quiet, kebab squirrel.
>>
>>51777644
Is this a joke
I thought this was just an american stereotype
>>
>>51778540
they spend their childhood pledging alliance to it every single day m8, memes are real
>>
>>51778316

coming from a joke of a nation as Norway, I could see where that attitude might have taken root
>>
>>51778571
Pledging allegiance to the United States is a pledge to yourself and your own potential. Your potential to rise above the peasant masses and build guns, robots, and fusion reactors. Most people will never take advantage of their freedom and really most can't but it's nice to have.
>>
>>51778638

are you high?

that's a load of nonsense
>>
>>51778605
pls send help, tyrone
>>
File: 1874830-ed_209_bp1.jpg (99 KB, 900x844) Image search: [Google]
1874830-ed_209_bp1.jpg
99 KB, 900x844
>>51778650
It's the truth. Universal suffrage is only tolerated because it does not interfere with the elect in society.
>>
>>51778657

will do, Ahmed Mahmoud :D
>>
>>51778693

absolute retardation
>>
File: 1442622400836.jpg (94 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
1442622400836.jpg
94 KB, 610x610
>>51776064
>Why do Americans literally support terrorism?

Because the government can call anyone a terrorist, peasant.
>>
File: Homemade_fusion_reactor.jpg (921 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Homemade_fusion_reactor.jpg
921 KB, 1600x1200
>>51778717
>absolute retardation
The response of a dim witted peasant.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.