[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more irrelevant nation in South America than Peru?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7
File: Flag_of_Peru.png (11 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Peru.png
11 KB, 2000x1333
Is there a more irrelevant nation in South America than Peru?
>>
yes, France.
>>
Suriname
>>
If I put that leaf back on will you die?
>>
Peru used to rule the Latinos. Look up "Ancient Inca" on google. They did fall from grace yes, but you can say the same thing about Europe.

Uruguay is the most irrelevant. Or Guyana.
>>
Ecuador
>>
JUST
>>
French Guiana, Non-French Guyana
>>
Guyana and Suriname
>>
definitely treeland
>>
>>51765399

A FUCKING BLANK SPACE
>>
Antarctica
>>
>>51765453
>latinos
...?
>>
>>51765399
Hey where did that guys leaf go
>>
>>51765609
Actual men don't menstruate
>>
>>51765587

Whatever you want to call the Latinos before the Spanish came. Proto-Latinos.
>>
>>51765399
>>51765522
These are WAY more irrelevant
>>
>>51765441
>>51765508
>>51765522
These.

Everyone forgets them because they don't speak Spanish, they're tiny, and the only interesting thing that happens is large numbers of hippies killing themselves out in the jungle.
>>
>>51765716
>before the spanish came
>protolatinos
before the english came, you can call the american indian tribes proto-yanks
>>
Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and the three guyanas
>>
>>51765399
Bolivia
>>
File: 1449248456692.jpg (201 KB, 463x347) Image search: [Google]
1449248456692.jpg
201 KB, 463x347
>>51765453
>Peru used to rule the Latinos
>used to rule the Latinos
>latinos
>>
>>51765716
Just stop
>>
>>51765771
>>51766317
>>51766376

The thing is you guys know what I meant yet you jump on my wording instead of on the principle which is that Peru was the seat of the Ancient Inca Empire...
>>
>>51765716
Mesoamericans
>>
>>51766568
The word is pre-columbian, my american friend
>>
>>51766631
we just call em mexicans
>>
>>51766568
aztecs and mayans used to rule the north american people as well, and...?
>>
>>51766612
Mesoamericans are the people from central america
>>
typical Australian shitposting
>>
>>51766803
Aimed at Canada maybe
>>
>>51766681

AND nobody would call Mexico most irrelevant. Neither should they call Peru most irrelevant. The most irrelevant South American nation is Guyana and the most irrelevant North American nation is Dominica (not to be confuse with Dominican Republic which is slightly more relevant).

Aztec, Inca, and Maya were the Three Great Empires before the Euros came. They were all on what would later become Latino territory as well.
>>
>>51766959
they were shitty savages well genocided and raped by spaniards.
Fuck off with them.
>>
>>51765399
hey can you PERUVIANS stay out of my dota 2 games thanks lolz
>>
>>51767027

Aren't those your bloodlines too? Nobody deserves to be raped or genocided. The Inca and the Maya in particular were considered very gentle and wise. Maya used to watch the stars and knew more about the universe than any other ancient people.
>>
>>51766959
I have to agree with my white friend here >>51767027

They were savages that just took over a previous empire, and were fond of sacrificing little kids by getting them drunk on top of the Andes mountains.

And in terms of power, they were rekt by the spaniards with little or no effort.
>>
>>51767182
>Aren't those your bloodlines too?
Not at all.

>Nobody deserves to be raped or genocided.
yes, they deserved it, for being weak and backward. It was just progress.

>The Inca and the Maya in particular were considered very gentle and wise

and that's why they were genocided.
>>
>>51767182
Reminder that their descendents are the actual maras
>>
>>51765399
>Straya shitposts about Perú being irrelevant
>The rest of countries start sperging about Mexico
>The thread becomes a Mexico hate thread

This is how sad and irrelevant Perú is.
>>
>>51767375
Thank you for killing so many abos mommy, 1492 best year of my life (you could have keep your dicks on your pants, though) <3
>>
>>51767272
>>51767297
>>51767320

For some reason this depresses me, I always got the impression that most Latinos took pride in their Inca/Maya/Aztec/etc. heritage. If you are rooting for the Spaniards how does that make Latinos any better than whites?
>>
File: 1423879925173.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1423879925173.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
THE PERUVIAN: WHILE
... CHILD IS obliged to order
CABRAS..VACAS ... CLEAR STABLES
`` `` SIEMBRA`` PERUVIAN POTATO. CEBOLLAS`` AND DOES WORK
AGRICULTURAL !! .. The Peruvian does not bathe, not study,
NOT GOING TO SCHOOL, THE SCHOOL WILL NOT BE THE UNIVERSITY IS AN AWKWARD IGNORATE,
CLOSED GROSS, stupid, filthy, disgusting

PERUVIAN which is `` Latin ???

* `` Indius HEDIONDUS MONUS``

How to recognize a Peruvian is the easiest THING HERE QUOTE its main features:

0- are ugly, awful, heinous insignificant ... SMELLY
1- are brown, COLOR CACA, shooting for copper, appear CAIRNS
2- are dwarfs, 1m50 to 1m60, like goblins ANDINOS
3- LEGS ARE SHORT OR PATA Chueca Spawn TRUE NATURE
4- NOT HAVE ass, neither men nor women
5- NOT HAVE NECK, worm-like mud
6- HAVE TREMENDOUS nose, CONDOR, OR TUCAN
7- ARE DRIED, AND THE SO CALLED THE SPANISH
8- slanted ARE AND HAVE LIDS
9. HAVE cheekbones OUTGOING
10- have round puffy face, FACE THESE GUANACO
>>
>>51767509
>If you are rooting for the Spaniards how does that make Latinos any better than whites?

we're better than the disgusting savages, that's for sure, we have nothing to be proud of them
>>
>>51767509
It would be depressing if a peruvian would be the one saying it, or a méxican or nicaraguan indeed.
>>
>>51767443
keeping dick in pants is not the Spanish way, just ask brit/american girls that vacation here and watch their boyfriends get mad ;)
>>
>>51767027
the Aztec shit were corrupt and crazy, but mayans were the Elite because the piramyds,Stars,universe.. But they get suicide, Hernan cortez only meets
with aztecs, for me mayans were like Mapuches..
>>
>>51767510
why is your english so broken? do you suffer from mental retardation?
>>
>>51767763
all they were huge losers and culturally inferior. I'm ashamed of being in some way related to them because of my country.

>>51767782
it's an old pasta 2bh
>>
>>51767509
Listen, lad. The "latinos" you know in your country, are mostly, poor mexicans and central americans. The thing is that, in this country, the poorest you are the more likely is that you are amerindian or have more native blood than spaniard. If you think that all "latinos" are like the latinos you have, you are wrong. Not even all mexicans, by a large margin, are all like that. Sure, we have a lot of mestizos, but in different degrees.

Now, since your hispanic population is largely discriminated, they probably feel like they don't belong there or whatever. I don't know. But most of the times they took more pride in that part of the past than us, maybe in an effort to gain an identity. And look, I don't have anything against per-columbian cultures, I like them actually, but I don't have anything against the spaniards or "whites" either. Heck, half of my family is blonde, and the other half is either mestiza or even some mulattos. The "white/mestizo" relationships exist in a more subtle, almost color blind form.

Furthermore, both Aztecs and Mayans are purely a mesoamerican thing. South Americans don't have ANYTHING in common with them. And Incas is mainly a peruvian thing.
>>
>>51767509
Not everyone in south america (can't speak for CA or Mexico) are of native descent. There have been massive waves of immigration in the past two centuries, there's probably one of each ethnic group found in south america. Typically the "latinos" that you've encountered, I assume you're on the west coast, are really poor (and thus native) Mexicans and central americans and there were no Mayans or Aztecs in South America.
>>
>>51765399
No. Its French Guayan
>>51767906
An argentinian page in Facebook told me mapuches want to be independient of chile/argentina?! They have flag
>>
>>51768010

That is interesting and makes some sense--the poorer Latinos identify more with the Native side, and the wealthier Latinos identify more with Spaniards, and most Latinos somewhere between.

The thing is that Spanish were very brutal towards the Natives. Even as a white person I know what they did to many Natives was wrong.

And yeah I knew Aztec was mostly Mexico and Maya mostly Guatemala though I thought the Inca ruled the whole Andes.
>>
>>51768230
lol, abos are so irrelevant here that this is the first time I heard about it, link?
>>
>>51765399
No someone says Perú have the best Gastronomy in the World
>>
suriname
guiana
french guiana
ecuador
bolivia
>>
>>51768242
Yeah man, but you have to understand that conquistadors are as much as our ancestors than the natives. And in countries like Argentina or Uruguay their population comes from recent migrations from Europe, they almost wiped them out entirely.
Other countries like Colombia and Brazil have black ancestors too. So, latin america has a lot diversity. That's why I don't like your terms "latino" or "hispanic", because you used them a lot of the time to mean something like a race, mestizo if you like, but they have broad definitions. Think about latin america more like a socio-economic region, rather than a purely cultural and ethnic thing.
>>
>>51765439
u serious nigga
>>
>>51765399
Peruvian on vacation here. Returning to Peru in about a week. Yes we're pretty irrelevant, but not the most irrelevant. The only thing we're known for is Incas. That's it. And food I guess, but not really.
>>
>>51768295
Cannot put the link, but i have this old, just for fires up
>>
>>51768242
>the Inca ruled the whole Andes
No they didn't

They just got as far as to what is now Santiago, and couldn't advance because of the Mapuche, which btw, the Spaniards were unable to conquer.

Even we haven't been able to convert them to chileans. Those guys are tough and stubburn as rocks.

So if anything, I would -an do feel- proud of the Mapuche heritage that is part of being chilean, but couldn't care less about the Inca keks.

>>51768230
Yes, they have always wanted to be independent. They never really surrendered to any State or foreign power.

>>51768324
99% of their native dishes are the same ones that you can find in all southamerica with obvious variations. The rest is just chinese food and japanese food inspired dishes.

They would always make outrageous claims like peruvians invented roasted chicken, or ceviche.
>>
>>51767763
>the Aztec shit were corrupt and crazy

Crazy definitely but corrupt?

Dishonest nobles received the harshest punishments, for example a corrupt judge of the main Court of the city-state would get all his relatives killed up to generation that followed him.
Mesoamericans couldn't allow a weak State in times of constant warfare.
>>
>>51768584
>On vacation

Dishes ain't gonna wash themselves Wilson. Throw away the cig and back to the kitchen
>>
>>51768801
>99% of their native dishes are the same ones that you can find in all southamerica with obvious variations. The rest is just chinese food and japanese food inspired dishes.

Los peruanos son los unicos que se comen las palomas y las ratas.

saludos
>>
>>51768865
Currentlly reading the Diaz del Castillo chronics about the conquer of Nueva España. Better than fiction desu.
>>
>>51768919
kek, have fun there m8
>>
>>51768487
>>51768801

Thanks for your perspective. I do wish we learned more about Latino history, etc. in school. Unfortunately what we do learn is very broad and gets generalized a lot.
>>
what about machu picchu
>>
apart from the guyanas, uruguay and paraguay
at least peru has all the cool inca stuff to see
>>
>>51769122
Machu pichu was a mistake
>>
>>51769364
The New World was a mistake.
>>
>>51768588
Pobres indios, 500 años después siguen siendo unos salvajes.

>Julio A Roca dindu nuffin wrong
>>
Guyana
>>
Peru is the most relevant one actually
>>
File: 5DD.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
5DD.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>51765716
>>
Suriname?
>>
>>51765399
Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, and the Guyanas.
>>
Whoah hey guys
>>
File: 1448861396141.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1448861396141.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>51773838
>A FUCKING BLANK SPACE
>>
anime
>>
What even happens there?
>>
>>51774580
Pigeons
>>
At least it's not Chile
>>
>>51774776
upboat
>>
Hue
>>
>>51765399
Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay.

Peru is more relevant than most of South America besides Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela. Venezuela is also only relevant because of their oil.
>>
I feel like this was a Guiana/Guyana/Suriname rare flag bait thread
>>
wait where's the leaf?
>>
>>51768242
>>51768181
>>51768010
>The thing is that, in this country, the poorest you are the more likely is that you are Amerindian or have more native blood than spaniard.

That's a bit of an old myth nowadays. Poor people living in the jungles in Guerrero and Oaxaca are definitely straight all out indian, but in metropolitian areas there are a lot of wealthy Indian dominant mesitzos and Amerindian, that's what the vast majority of my family is.
'
I kind of feel that more Hispanic Mexicans push this "the indians/mestizos are the cause of poverty" mentality to distance themselves from Mexicos problems and that's quite a problem in of itself. It fragments Mexican identity and creates problems with Mexicans as a whole addressing societal issues.
>>
>>51780965
>there are a lot of wealthy Indian dominant mestizo and Amerindian
Yes. But they are not the majority, trust me.

>the indians/mestizos are the cause of poverty
Thats what the far right in this country believes. But no, saying that in this country, the poorest you are the more likely is that you are Amerindian or have more native blood than spaniard is not only true, but nowhere in that sentence anyone blamed the poor. If anything, it just highlighted the different levels of discrimination the more amerindian mexicans get.
>>
>>51781252
>Yes. But they are not the majority, trust me.

No, I definitely didn't mean they're the majority but definitely more Indio-Mestizos/Ameindians are middle and upper class than most Mexicans make it out to be. About half of my extended family work in DF but are assumed to be waiters & assistance staff rather than directors or financial officers often. It's pretty screwed up.

>>51781252
>Thats what the far right in this country believes. But no, saying that in this country, the poorest you are the more likely is that you are Amerindian or have more native blood than spaniard is not only true, but nowhere in that sentence anyone blamed the poor. If anything, it just highlighted the different levels of discrimination the more amerindian mexicans get.

This is more of what I was getting at. But thankfully I don't think the gap is super wide like it used to be, at least not with this current generation.
>>
>>51781436
Middle class is disappearing. But honestly, when I was a kid I used to think I was a minority in this country even though I look mestizo. Seriously, everywhere I went there were only white kids/adults (a lot of them blonde) and really light skinned mestizos, even within my own family. The most mestizo looking lived in a completely different state (where I was born). You watched the T.V., and there they were, almost all white again. I lived in a bubble when I was a kid, and my family wasn't even rich, I was high middle class (not anymore though).
I used to think there was something wrong with me because of this, so when I say there aren't THAT many, it's because it's sadly true.
>>
>>51765554
KekZ
>>
>>51765399

they has better flag then canada without a leaf at least
>>
>>51781614
Do you live in the the North or something? I grew up spending time in DF, Jalisco and Yucatan and there were always dark people even in areas where there were a lot of light people (Jalisco). My family ranges from middle class to upper class so I was exposed to pretty much the full range of brown and light and never felt like any group was massively predominant.
>>
>>51781708

Coke is better
>>
>>51781730
Monterrey.
>>
>>51765399
URUGUAY is awesome I'm gonna go retire out there and play chinpokomons.
>>
>>51765399
Literally every single one, except countries ending in -"guay"

Prove me wring, you literally cant
>>
File: Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png (60 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png
60 KB, 1280x853
>>51781840
The Economist named Uruguay "country of the year" in 2013 acknowledging the innovative policy of legalizing the production, sale and consumption of cannabis. Same-sex marriage and abortion are also legal, leading Uruguay to be regarded as one of the most liberal nations in the world, and one of the most socially developed, outstanding regionally and performing well globally on personal rights, tolerance and inclusion issues.
>>
>>51781840
Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. Maybe Ecuador and Uruguay.
>>
>>51781800
Then that makes sense. Monterrey is pretty light comparative to most of Mexico. It's pretty different in the Central/Bajio states. I'd probably say about half of the rich fucks in DF are dark, with the other half being lighter. It's about a dead even split. It's actually pretty weird in DF specifically, the high income population seems to be either near pure indio or pure unmixed white. There doesn't really seem to be a middle ground. Probably because the rich people from all over the country flock there.
>>
>Smoke Weed
>Eat Guinea Pigs
>Lax Consent laws

Whats not to like?
>>
>Latinos any better than whites?

Latinos can be white you mong. Latino and Hispanic are linguistic terms.
>>
>>51782109
meant for
>>51767509
>>
>>51781868
Bravo Uruguay!
>>
my uncle married a peruvian
>>
>>51765399
Suriname, Guyana, Paraguay, Ecuador. Maybe Uruguay.
>>
>>51767027
Daily reminder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_the_Desert

>>51768588
There is nothing wrong with Mapuches you genocide scum
>>
>>51781785
underrated post
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.