[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Uruguay a nice country to move to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16
File: Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png (60 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png
60 KB, 1280x853
>The Economist named Uruguay "country of the year" in 2013 acknowledging the innovative policy of legalizing the production, sale and consumption of cannabis. Same-sex marriage and abortion are also legal, leading Uruguay to be regarded as one of the most liberal nations in the world, and one of the most socially developed, outstanding regionally and performing well globally on personal rights, tolerance and inclusion issues.

Also look at their flag. It's beautiful.
>>
If you like farms and cows, yes

if you like cities and actual things to do, you are better off crossing the river and settling in Buenos Aires.
>>
I mean, if you manage to avoid getting murdered, it looks like a good deal.
>>
>>51733392
zirga galva
>>
>>51733470
t. King of Lithuania
>>
yes, come here and bring some qt latvia grills too
>>
File: 1424149093544.jpg (53 KB, 625x418) Image search: [Google]
1424149093544.jpg
53 KB, 625x418
>>51733459
What are some things to do in Buenos Aires?
>>
>>51733571
It's a big city, with an active nightly and full of nice parks and cultural events happening. People also look very pretty and are very nice with foreigners.

Downside is that it's not as safe as europe, so you have to be slightly more alert, but still nothing as bad as mexico, they will take your wallet, not your head lol.
>>
>>51733392
>The Economist

Stopped reading there m8

At least read something respectable like the FT
>>
>>51733502
Tell me about your country. How does it compare to Argentina and Brazil? What is the current government like? What are the main issues in your society? Do you love your country?
>>
>>51733459
>farms and cows

kek, you have cities too brazuca, but only buenos aires have the same population of uruguay, for sure, you have better things, silly example
>>
>>51733649
>are very nice with foreigners.
Do they like some foreigners more than the others?
>Downside is that it's not as safe as europe
Eastern Europe isn't as safe as Europe too lad.
>>51733673
>FT
?
>>
>>51733759
The Financial Times
>>
>>51733759
>Do they like some foreigners more than the others?
Yes, if you are white they like you better.

To be honest Uruguay is just like a rural Argentina with better laws and more humble people.
>>
>>51733880
Seems like a lovely country.
>>
>>51733677
>How does it compare to Argentina and Brazil?
well is more small, here the population is 3.000.000, we have more in common with Argentina than with Brazil, but the people here is more quiet than argentinian, the lifestyle is more calm, probably if you live in a big city right now and came here maybe you kinda can get bored

> What is the current government like?
right now is leftist, during years was right/wing

>What are the main issues in your society?
Unemployment, in some cities, and there are more robberies than years ago, among other things

>Do you love your country?
yes, but I want to go to work to another country
>>
>Ur-a-gay
>>
>>51734445
Thanks for the reply, chap.
>yes, but I want to go to work to another country
What country, if it's not a secret?
>>
I'd wondered the same thing lately tbqh. They actively seek migration, have great taxation and biz opportunities. Not to mention a long way from Europe and all it's problems. What age do the girls get married there though?
>>
>>51734917
>What age do the girls get married there though?
what sort of question is that?

Uruguay is more western in culture than people think, marriage is not that much of a big deal anymore, if people marry it usually happens in their 30s or late 20s.
>>
funny story, our the last president bring refugees, five Sirian families, before all the refugees crisis in europe, but they wanna go because they said that live here is worse than live in war, because here they have to work hard for a respectable life, and they want to go to germany or sweden, but now they are stuck here, they haven't the money to afford the tickets and the government not going to pay neither

here is the sauce http://www.elobservador.com.uy/refugiados-sirios-quienes-son-y-que-se-quieren-ir-uruguay-n676229
>>
>>51735101
That's all I wanted confirmation of really. I don't know.. I've not been to South America so wasn't sure if everybody gets married off with kids by the age of 20.

I just randomly stumbled across a YT video of Uruguay the other day and it seems kind of perfect in all other respects.
>>
File: 1434856648710.jpg (69 KB, 504x828) Image search: [Google]
1434856648710.jpg
69 KB, 504x828
Japan love love Uruguay.
:3
>>
>>51735163
I know a girl from Uruguay who lives in my city
look at her facebook:
/nathalie.pedron.n

nice people they are, a bit more quiet than the average south american though
>>
>>51735133
Yeah, it sound really familiar. There was a group of 18 people from Afghanistan and two groups of Iraqis (about 60 people) located in a refugee center in Latvia. Only 8 Iraqis stayed, the rest just escaped and never showed up again.
>>
File: suarez.jpg (43 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
suarez.jpg
43 KB, 700x500
>>51734786
not a secret, I don't know right now, but I have the italian citizenship, maybe someday could travel to Italy and then idk Spain? Latvia?
>>
>>51735386
I just realized all her pictures are only visible to friends, sorry, disregard my post
>>
>>51735402
*sounds
>>
>>51733392
just go to russia
>>
>>51735463
>but I have the italian citizenship
How so?
>>
>>51735534
De jure citizenship I imagine. Uruguay es blanco.

>>51735386
Still flicked through her friends list quickly, although a lot are from Brazil. Looks gud tho.
>>
File: Osaka.jpg (30 KB, 420x221) Image search: [Google]
Osaka.jpg
30 KB, 420x221
>>51735270

>>51735534
Italian ancestors
>>
>>51735652
I hate the fact that to get the italian citizenship you have to be italian from the paternal line. My grandmother came from Italy but since she is a woman I'm not allowed to take the citizenship. Sucks.
>>
>>51735728
yeah, just search more in your family tree
>>
File: AF2A72660.jpg (287 KB, 1313x909) Image search: [Google]
AF2A72660.jpg
287 KB, 1313x909
>>
File: click.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
click.png
1 MB, 800x800
bump
>>
File: 1449186476278.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1449186476278.png
75 KB, 325x244
>>51735133
http://www.infobae.com/2015/12/04/1774489-detuvieron-cinco-ciudadanos-sirios-pasaportes-falsos-un-hotel-la-ciudad
>>
>>51733392
it depends.

Can you earn/get a considerable amount of money to spend every month?
>yes
Then it could be a good place to live if you don't mind to much to deal with a laid back mentality, this could be really infuriating sometimes.
(laid back is another way to describe a culture, community or a person that tends to be repressive, apathetic, passive, submissive, slow, lack of passion or drive)
>>
>>51733571
bolivians
>>
>>51733392
Proud to be Urug tbη.
>>
File: 1365133256122.jpg (182 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1365133256122.jpg
182 KB, 640x479
>>51733459
>>
Is it really expensive to live in Montevideo? I looked at a price comparing site and most thing were much more expensive than in Prague even though the average wage is higher here. Is it really hard to get by for the average person or is it okay?
>>
>>51742154
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Czech+Republic&country2=Uruguay&city1=Prague&city2=Montevideo

Dunno how accurate this is, but I'm pretty surprised. Still a lot cheaper than anywhere in the UK mind you.
>>
>>51742639
That's exactly what I was using, the prices for my country are completely legit. Living in Montevideo must be tough for your wallet.
>>
>>51742718
Maybe. Uruguay is known as one of the most expensive countries of LatAm.
>>
>>51742154
really expensive, yes. I don't know how people manages to live with local salaries, tbqh.
>>
>>51733392
Hi
I do not like Lionel Messi...
>>
It's not a bad country to be born in, like some sort of world middle-class, however there are far better pleces and if you are going to make the effort of immigrating you should aim for the best or at least something better than "meh, it's pretty good for the third world".
>>
>>51747948
what if I want to be as far away from Europe as possible and I like the outdoors? Seems pretty comfy tbqh. Should probably learn some Spanish first though.
>>
>>51745160
Hi Japan
>>
the real problem in Uruguay are the mongrels niggers ( planchas ) who lives in the cantegrils of Montevideo ( Barrio Marconi, BarrioBoro, 40 semanas, Casavalle )
>>
>>51747948
>if you are going to make the effort of immigrating you should aim for the best
UK is one of the best and this guy >>51749879 apparently also seeks a comfier place for his ass.
>meh, it's pretty good for the third world
It's exceptionally good for "the third world". Its HDI is about the same as this country, which is on eurobux life support.
>>
>>51733460
>More than twice as likely to be murdered
>Live longer
What the shit Latvia?
>>
we outsource IT there since they make like 1/6th of an American's salary
>>
>>51733392
is fucking expensive here, and boring
otherwise is ok I guess
>>
Their flag looks like a stupid ripoff of USA.

>legalizing the production, sale and consumption of cannabis
I'm not a stoner. Also its becoming legal in USA. Not that its an issue already if you are white.

>Same-sex marriage
I'm not a lesbian. Also its legal in USA.

>abortion
I am not a murderer. Also its legal in USA.

>most liberal nations in the world
By this logic USA is one of the most liberal.

>performing well globally on personal rights,
>abortion
>personal rights
Choose one. The "Right to murder" is a right at the expense of the fundamental right to life that all people hold.

Nah. I'm not moving to Uruguay. I'd sooner move to Peru just so I can see the ancient Inca ruins. Brazil so I can see beautiful rainforests. Argentina so I can see the birthplace of the Tango. Never Uruguay.
>>
>>51755243
;_;
>>
Someone can do a description of the differents barrios ?

safe & unsafe ? ethnicities ? interesting stuff ?
>>
File: Crab Nicholson.jpg (23 KB, 363x293) Image search: [Google]
Crab Nicholson.jpg
23 KB, 363x293
>>51755416
lol Americans are this caught up over such a simple ethical conundrum like abortion, truly some of the least critical populations in the western world.

>I bet he thinks objective morality is a real thing as well
>>
>>51756110

....................there's no """ethical conundrum""". Its murder, plain and simple.

And of course morality is real. Go to the simple Golden Rule. Do you want to be murdered? No? Don't murder people. That easy.
>>
>>51756455
I have been enlightened by the great American philosophical mind
>>
>>51742154
it's too expensive, I don't know why desu senpai
>>
DUDE
>>
>>51755416

>Argentina so I can see the birthplace of the Tango

Don't trigger me.
>>
>>51757565
no oil, small market and big welfare state
>>
>>51755988
real dangerous are 36, 37, north part of 35, 12 and 30
not that there´s any reason for a visitor to go there
>>
>>51758470
Gardel was falklandian
>>
>>51755329
>tfw look up their tax-free zones for enterprise
>tfw look up their tax rules for foreign-residents
>tfw I already make money online
>tfw no uncle sam to chase me around the world for taxes

I'm like, doing OK in the UK, but I'm sure I could go over there and if the culture fits, be a lot happier and a wealthier, too. Far, far away from immigrants, overcrowding and WW3. Is it too good to be true anons? Are the streets paved with gold in the new world? I'm seriously thinking about jumping on a plane next year and finding out.
>>
>>51761463
Do it, anon. Google Street View has recently been made available for Uruguay. You can get a feel of what you be moving to.
>>
>>51755416
lol. Yes anon. USA is definitely one of the most liberal places on Earth. And it's not like society is crumbling before our eyes either.. Why didn't I think of this before, If I want out of Europe, USA is heaven on Earth in comparison.. Right?
>>
>>51761463
South America will become the new Europe once the Islamic caliphate arrives. Come home,white man.
>>
File: Brazilian Empireball.png (366 B, 17x14) Image search: [Google]
Brazilian Empireball.png
366 B, 17x14
rightful clay
>>
File: Sin título.png (2 MB, 1335x630) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
2 MB, 1335x630
>>51761614
last year I was living in that yellow building
>>
>>51762123
How was it living there? What did you like or dislike about it?
>>
>>51762123
looks qt tbqh. love the colonial architecture.
>>
>>51762210
Is a bit expensive there because is the centric zone
>>
>>51762652
How was crime around the city?
Also, where are you living now if you moved?
>>
>>51762807
is more dangerous now than years ago, but is like any country, fucking planchas! (niggers) the scum is all the world
I move to another city, more small than Montevideo
>>
File: le meme dansel.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
le meme dansel.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>51755416
>By this logic USA is one of the most liberal.
>>
>>51764288
so most Planchas are mulattoes niggers or they have some mongrel indians elements ( like in argentina ) and low-class white people ? ( pichis de mierda )
>>
>>51765481

BY THIS LOGIC, I said. USA has gay marriage and abortion and is taking steps to make weed legal so BY THE LOGIC of OP, USA is also "one of the most liberal"
>>
>>51766395
both, mulattoes and villeros argentinos
>>
>tfw Mexico border with shit USA but no with Uruguay

Sad world
>>
>>51767454

How is USA shit? Please don't judge us all based on Donald Trump. Most Americans love Latinos.
>>
>>51767554
t. juan lopez morales de la rocha
>>
>>51766547
Uruguay had fully legalized cannabis, gay marriage and abortion by 2013. For now you only have one of those and are on your way to fulfilling the other two, but it's 3 years after Uruguay fulfilled it all.
>>
>>51767796

No we have gay marriage and abortion. We have 2 and are on our way to fulfilling the other one. Hell, technically we used to have marijuana be legal so there you go. We have had all 3.

At any rate, I think these are really stupid fucking markers to call a country """liberal""" by, but by the logic of OP, USA is also one of the most liberal.
>>
I'm surprised how much people make their decisions on statistics alone, without any analysis.

Uruguay isn't anything extraordinary, its HDI is european level but it's because it's small, my city has bigger HDI than Uruguay, for example, but the poor rural areas of north brazil bring the country average down.

The whole region is pretty good, Uruguay has better laws but Greater Buenos Aires and cities in South Brazil like Florianópolis are also high quality of living places with more jobs, mostly european immigrants and have better access to products (Uruguayan markets don't have many things, and often products are expensive).
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.