[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be worth vacationing to Finland as an American? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1449374189367.png (210 KB, 918x712) Image search: [Google]
1449374189367.png
210 KB, 918x712
Would it be worth vacationing to Finland as an American? What's the best destination for a Scandinavian holiday?
>>
>>51726149

Depends what you are interested in. There are quite a lot of museums in Finland, especially in Helsinki, but generally pretty much every single hillbilly town has some kind of a "heritage museum", where they showcase what life was like 200-300 years ago and where Finns who have moved to town from that place can feel nostalgic. In addition to that there are huge quantities of more or less untouched wilderness in Finland, so if you like hiking for instance then Lapland might be a good place for you. Apparently there are quite pretty sights there. Lapland is also very good for winter sports and they have nordic lights as well up there. And a shitton of snow.

If you are a night person who enjoys drinking and clubbing then Finland really isn't nearly the best option for you. All the clubs close at 4 am at the latest and if you leave at that time in the center of Helsinki the possibility to get to brawling is like 2000x higher than at any other point in time in Finland. Drinking too much is generally very accepted behaviour though, so if you like being fucking blasted and want to do very stupid things and wake up in St. Petersburg, then Finland and Helsinki might be good for you.

But yeah, tell me what you like and I'll tell you whether it's possible in Finland or not.
>>
Why on earth would you waste your money travelling to Scandinavia?

>shit food
>shit weather
>autistic people
>nothing interesting to visit
>high prices
>>
File: 1448890764255.jpg (61 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1448890764255.jpg
61 KB, 480x640
>>
>>51728885
You hate Canada as well?
>>
>>51728994
It's a good place to live, but no it wouldn't be my choice of vacationing
>>
>>51728885
You just described Canada
>>
>>51729017
Yeah, because you live in similar cunt
>>
>>51729037
I know, its why I travel to Italy, Spain, France, or Greece when I vacation

Greece is especially nice because everything is so cheap
>>
>>51728994

Brother! There are perks of living in a cold meme land

>http://news.yahoo.com/finlands-no-good-disappointed-migrants-turn-back-152042061.html
>http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/syrian-refugees-not-keen-to-move-to-canada-immediately-ottawa-says/article27561756/
>>
>>51728906
>Tallinn
>Nordic Estonia conformed
>>
>>51729117
>not even the refugees want to live in canada
you canadians make me kek :^)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.