[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a British citizen who lives in America and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (11 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11 KB, 276x183
I'm a British citizen who lives in America and I've had far too much to drink. Ask me just about anything.
>>
Total Biscuit?
>>
Have you developed an addiction to the BBC?
>>
>>51725405
What are the main differences?

Which part of the UK are you form and where are you now?
>>
>>51725405
Could you go back please?
>>
>>51725405
Are you the self hating one or the U.K hating one.
>>
>>51725475
fuck off, anglo americans built the country t b h
>>
How do you feel about guns
>>
>>51725405
who ate all the pies?
>>
>>51725509
And now Brits want to take our guns. Why don't you fuck off too lefty faggot.
>>
>>51725432

No, I don't do Youtube

>>51725455

No, blacks are subhuman

>>51725457

Really depends on your location, but there is much more variety in everything in the US.

I'm from Peterborough.

>>51725475

I'd rather not.
>>
>>51725405
leave you faggot
>>
>>51725563
>And now Brits want to take our guns
Yea, By order of the Queen we're to sail over tomorrow and start confiscating and collecting back taxes.
>>
>>51725498

I wouldn't describe myself as particularly fond of Britain.

>>51725560

Have a whole collection of them and make a mint every time Obama decides to open his gob on gun control.

>>51725561

Not I. I'll have an occasional meat pie, but pie isn't really my thing.
>>
>>51725563
uh what

also i'm pretty conservative on most things, guns and religion notwithstanding, can you tell me what's the big deal about guns?
>>
>>51725648
Don't lie to me Piers, I'm on to you.
>>
>>51725667
You know, if you utilise the free market you could also kick piers out of your country, just like we did.
>>
What city?

Making guess: St Louis
>>
>>51725667

That isn't OP you are replying to. OP is a dues paying NRA member.
>>
>>51725701
We already got him fired from CNN but the chubby cunt won't fuck off.
>>
>>51725722

I'm currently in Charleston. You're thinking of the American with the British girlfriend.
>>
>>51725405
What made you come here?
What did you drink?
What do you do for a living?
When switching to snow tires, so I have to change all four tires, or can I just switch the two in the back?
>>
>>51725755
>there's an american with a british gf
why couldn't it be me ;_;
>>
How strict is torrenting in UK?
>>
>>51725405
What are 4 countries that are most similar to America? In terms of anything.
>>
>>51725890
Its super easy for Yanks to get gf's here m8, a bunch of your Chair force boys used to pick up the local slags when I lived in Cambridge with relative ease.
>>
>>51725824
>What made you come here?
American salaries are loads better and the British have a way of tearing down anyone who achieves anything. They are a jealous, entitled lot.

>What did you drink?

Chocolate milk stout. Feeling a bit ill t b h.

>What do you do for a living?

financial advising

>When switching to snow tires, so I have to change all four tires, or can I just switch the two in the back?

Never used a snow tire in my life mate. We don't get much here.
>>
>>51725934
eh not much of the military type, more like a high-functioning sperg
>>
>>51725931

Canada, Australia, UK, and Germany, I'd say.

>>51725934

Women from all countries tend to go for foreign blokes

>>51725894

Never had any issues. Had the TV license people around a fair few times though.
>>
>>51725994
enjoying the tacos?
>>
>>51726016

I do. Tex-Mex wasn't on the menu often back home and when it was it was done poorly.
>>
>>51726061
curious, kebab or tacos? and while at it, spics or sandniggers?
>>
>>51725931
In order

1. Canada
2. Australia
3. New Zealand
4. United Kingdom
5. Germany or Ireland
>>
>>51726103
>Germany

how? they watch all of our shows dubbed in german unlike the dutch or nordics.
>>
>>51726103
I've heard pretty much everywhere that Australia is very Americanized, is Ameribooism common there at all?
>>
>>51726103
Mexico is pretty similar to the South of the USA
>>
>>51725890
Woah there's another guy with a Brit gf? Guess that makes 2 of us. Sorry i had to take her away from you Britbros.
>>
>>51726087

Actually prefer Greek gyros to kebab. They're similar to a doner, but better.

Hardly have any spics in my area, but from what I've seen I prefer them. Asians (arabs to you) in the us tend to be much more integrated and westernized in the US they are back home though.
>>
>>51726179
Most of our similarities come from the fact we were both settled by the English in a similar time frame, and many of our landscapes share quite a bit in common (Particularly Florida, California, and some of the desert states).

I know a few Ameriboos who constantly shill your shitty sports all over facebook, and they're definitely increasing.
>>
>>51726179

never been to aus

>>51726208

He posts here pretty frequently. Both of us put up a fair few Brit triggering threads.
>>
>>51726254
Sounds awful, why do you have a facebook, are you some sorta normie?
>>
>>51726254

Sports are one of the worst parts of American culture. My apologies.
>>
>>51726283
What are the people in America like compared to England?
>>
>>51726292
>are you some sorta normie?
Yes.
>>51726299
No worries, it just irritates me. It seems like the NFL has done a deal with broadcasters over here and so they've started showing some games even though we've never followed the sport. The greedy cunts are obviously trying to expand.
>>
>>51726299
We only get dribs and drabs of the NFL on the lesser channels, though they have been putting more and more games on at Wembley as of late. Personally If I had to pick I'd rather have Hockey become the meme sport here but hey.
>>
>>51726378
Yeah I actually like hockey. Though whenever the NHL does an exhibition game here they only send their memey AHL players so it's not really worth seeing.
>>
>>51726299
what i find amazing is that the games last 3 hours and only 16 minutes of actual playing time happens.
>>
>>51726363
>>51726378
Yeah, the NFL is apparently gonna have several games over in London might want to build a team over there. Gotta get more of that Anglo money. How would football teams react if all the poor black kids tried for NFL teams instead?

>>51726453
That's why TV companies love the sport, plenty of time for commercials.
>>
>>51726453
There's a lot of coordination that needs to be set up between plays. That's why there's a lot of break time
>>
>>51725405
What do you think about the accent? I'm talking about the General American accent. To me it sounds like its "flattened" compared to the General UK accent.
>>
>>51726483
Sure, but it's interesting that people actually watch it. I tried once but got bored after half an hour.
>>
>>51726338

Varies by the region and person, but they tend to be more outgoing, positive, energetic, self-reliant, hard-working and enthusiastic. They also admire those are successful rather than trying to cut them down like the British tend to do. There does appear to be a strain of anti-intellectualism though, the corporate culture is dreadful, and I sometimes can't stand the noises that they make at public events. The shouting and "woohoo"ing gets to me.

>>51726363

They're doing the same here with football. The lefty europhile sorts are eating it up in America.

>>51726378

Don't really watch much sport, but hockey is pretty ace.
>>
I have a question for brits.
I have the opportunity to study abroad pretty soon and I wanna go to england. I'm fairly outgoing if I have to be but am very nervous/anxious about the idea of trying to make friends in a whole different cunt. Would I be able to chat/make friends at uni easily? Are people in UK very reserved like I have been lead to believe or is this more of a meme? Is it easy to break into uni groups and shit like gaming/dnd? What will people think of me since I'm a burger? Here people are more intrigued by brits and will ask lots of questions and shit and they don't have a hard time making friends. I desperately want to study abroad but I'm so fucking afraid I'll end up alone and hating it.
>>
>>51725405
How long have you lived in America and how long has it been since you've looked down and been able to see your penis?
>>
>>51726506

Accent doesn't bother me with the exception of the Wisconsin area and some of the more "stereotypical suburban housewife" sorts with the nasally voice.
>>
>>51726538
>They're doing the same here with football. The lefty europhile sorts are eating it up in America.
This is the shit thing about globalisation.
>>51726540
>Is it easy to break into uni groups and shit like gaming/dnd?
Nerd
>>
File: 1440919370273.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1440919370273.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>51725475

Anglos stick together Jamal :)
>>
>>51726540

Brits definitely aren't as outgoing, but just take them down to the pub. After they've had a few they open up. Drinking is pretty much the only acceptable social event there. They'll also likely take the mick out of you for being a burger, so be prepared with banter of your own.

>>51726541

Over 4 years now. I'm 5 foot 8 and 10 stone (about 140lbs), so fairly trim. Actually lost weight since being here now that I can actually go outdoors.
>>
>>51726540
Where is the University m8?

We Brits differ from place to place.
>>
>>51726540
In terms of the most of those things you'll be fine;

Most people at non-"ivy league" unis are pretty open and welcoming, so don't worry too much about not being accepted. Though it's true that we're not *as* outgoing as you guys.

Almost all will offer clubs and space for people to practice hobbies. Usually the best way to start is to go to what we call "Freshers fair" which is a big collection of the groups, clubs and local businesses presenting themselves. Look for the DnD / Gamer guys and find out where they meet.

In terms of generally studying here? It depends on what you expectations are and what you want to get out of it and pick accordingly, no point going to a uni in London if hate ethnics and cramped spaces and there's no point going to a university in the arse end of Wales if you want just that.
>>
>>51726693

Did you ever partake in the freshers week events? Jesus they were awful.
>>
>>51726629
Plymouth University
>>
>>51725405
what places have you visited in the usa since we are pretty fucking big? What was your favorite?
>>
>>51726752
The themed ones at the S.U etc? No, I jumped straight into living with second years and they told me they were shit so I never bothered.
>>
>>51726693
I don't wanna be stuck in some chav shithole but sure as hell don't wanna be surrounded by darkies. I get enough of that here. The study abroad programs were cheaper if they were not in London and I'm happy with that. Though I definitely still want to see London.
>>
gimme some british aerospace manufacturers buds

I only know of BAE systems and I can't be assed to google
>>
>>51726798

I went to a few. Essentially just a meat market where they loaded a bunch of young impressionable freshers up with cheap liquor and turned them loose. The SU had posters up all over practically outright telling people to come and be as much of a slag as possible. It was pretty grim. You'd never see anything like it in the US.

>>51726789

Been to most states by now. Haven't seen much of the NW though.
>>
>>51726881

Bombadier and Airbus? Sorry lad. I don't work in the field, so I'm not too up on these things.
>>
>>51726881

Augusta Wessex (Brit/Wop)
Rolls Royce
The british bit of airbus

Cant think of any more.
>>
>>51726828
Rule of thumb is the lower down the tables you go the more "chavs" you see and the closer to London / "major" cities you get the darker it will be but there are some exceptions, you can find most information you need by googling the uni + variable (Ethnicity, job placement etc)

The touristy bits, Museums and some of the hipster bits are nice to visit but I wouldn't spend too much time there. It's also ridiculously expensive

Enrolment at Plymouth for example as of last year is 85% white, depending on your course and your habits you might be hard pressed to see any large number of minorities.
>>
>>51727043

Chavs, in the traditional sense, aren't nearly as common as they used to be.
>>
>>51727043
>85% white
Exactly why I picked it. Your whole post applies pretty well for here too. I can only imagine how many euros study abroad in cali or nyc only to find out they are put in brown as fuck areas. On the flip side you'd also not want to be dropped in flyover/deep south hick hell hole where you have to do farm work as I've witnessed first hand.
>>
>>51727183

You'd be surprised. I studied in Cambridge, which is practically all white and it was dreadful.
>>
>>51727403
>which is practically all white
Ignoring the millions of Chinese and the mixed bag at ARU?
>>
>>51727403
What was so bad about it?
>>
>>51727464

The students. You think American frat guys and sorority girls are a nightmare? You've never seen the likes of British uni students.
>>
>>51727451

I went to Anglia Ruskin. It was awful.
>>
>>51727737
me2fam, Now I understand why you hate students.
>>
>>51727862

Did you ever go to the SU events? Couldn't actually believe that they put some of them on. They were proper disgusting.
>>
>>51727939
I went to a "comedy" show that had a drag artist basically pretend to be Joan Collins, apart from that I stayed well clear.
>>
>>51727997

You were lucky. I was dragged into a few. Nightmares. Friday/saturday nights out in the town weren't much better though.
>>
>>51728042
>Friday/saturday nights

So, Regal then whatever flavour of sweaty dank music they were feeling. Sounds about right.
>>
>>51728233

Never been to Regal. Might not have been open when I was in uni as it was a fair few years ago.
>>
>>51728233

You mean the Spoons? If so, they're bad in pretty much any town. Dodgy food, expensive drinks, and shit people.
>>
>>51728450

Spoons is basically a microcosm of Britain. The food tastes awful, the service is terrible, everything is overpriced, the music is dreadful, and the people are sleazy and off their heads on drink and poppers.
>>
Brits red pill me on Uppingham/Rutland
>>
>>51725475
>being needlessly mean
Be nice, pal.
>>
>>51725405
Why are you here? You guys hate us and call us backwards.
>>
>>51728719

I was well happy to move to the states. Got sick of being in a society that hated hard work and success.
>>
>>51728767
What brand of tea do you buy to remind yourself of home? I want to have an authentic cuppa.
>>
>>51728767
Are you terrified, or thrilled about our lax gun laws?
>>
>>51728795

I just pick up some Twinnings breakfast. Pretty much your standard in the UK and they sell it in the US.
>>
>>51728853
What's better Muslim or Mexican immigrants?
>>
>>51728829

I've got a small collection and a stockpile of ammo myself. Made a good bit of coin selling ammo whenever Obama would go on a gun ban kick.
>>
>>51728829
>our lax gun laws
You're being a little broad.
>>
>>51728876

Mexicans, though American muslims are far better than European muslims.
>>
>>51728936
I see you've adopted the tacit of the American Jew

>>51728948
What do you mean anon?
>>
>tfw people on /int/ come to your country and enjoy the odd, perplexing, morbid experiment occurring at all times
Are you enjoying the weather?
>>
>>51726540
You'll fucking love it. Remember there was one american guy I met at my uni and girls were fu king all over him.
>>
>>51729062

I'm in the southeast coast, so yes.
>>
>>51729141
nc?
>>
>>51725405
how much do you hate it here
>>
>>51729274

SC
>>
Are you often informing yourself about American politics? Do you find Americans talking about the Constitution and Founding Fathers annoying? It surely must sound weird.
>>
>>51729288

I rather like it. No plans to go back. Britain is a pretty grim place, tbqhwy.
>>
>>51729290
Myrtle beach?
>>
>>51729309

Hard not to. Americans are much more into politics than we are. I like it, but find politicians in general a bit naff. Not a fan of Obama.
>>
>>51729339

Charleston
>>
How do you like charleston? I live in Seattle now but Charleston wasmy favorite city to visit when I lived in the south
>>
>>51729539

Charleston and Savannah are probably the best cities in the states
>>
>>51729411
>Not a fan of Obama.
Based Brit
>>
>>51729771

By not a fan I mean I genuinely hate him.
>>
>>51730022
Good on you m8, im glad we got a good one. If we ever bump into each other, drinks are on me
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.