[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain obama care to me and why its so hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: obamacare-hurt.jpg (46 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
obamacare-hurt.jpg
46 KB, 680x380
Can someone explain obama care to me and why its so hated?
>>
it is not what it is suppose to be

and for what it is it does it not so good
>>
It's basically a weak attempt at emulating the free healthcare that Europeans and Canadians have.

Americans are generally against it because they dislike authority.
>>
The left dislikes it because its not real single payer healthcare like NHS, it's run by private corporations and just forces people to buy

The neoliberals hate it because its gommunist eurobeanism and they want private healthcare only
>>
>>51700224
>The neoliberals hate it because its gommunist eurobeanism
Do they hate police? I thought it's hated because Americans have an idea: "Not on my taxmoney" which they prefer to spend on NATO business in Europe instead of their own needs.
>>
>>51700224
The NHS model wouldn't work in the USA because Americans don't look after their health as much as Europeans do (Diet, alcohol, exercise etc.) plus it has a huge poor population who don't have the option of paying for private healthcare and thus reducing the burden the Government has.

It's starting to fall apart in Britain for these reasons.
>>
>>51700224
This. It's essentially just legislation saying private companies have to offer a plan for X price, and can't turn down people. However, this means you have to own health insurance now, which is literally fascism even though they do the same thing with car insurance. Oh, and you also have people who complain about their current health insurance prices going up as a result, even though they could just switch to a company that doesn't do that, literally having free market solve the problem, they go and yell at the government.
>>51700396
For the record, it's actually called the affordable care act, the GOP just dubbed it Obamacare because they have a raging hard on for anything anti-obama. I think it was Mitch McConnell who said when they got elected to the senate, the #1 goal in their term was to stop everything Obama wanted to do. The GOP even voted down a tax cut because he proposed one.
>>
It's free money for the insurance industry.

t. My dad worked at ADP, which deals with all healthcare plans/employee management stuff for companies basically
>>
Well I didn't have health insurance before it came into effect and hadn't seen a doctor in years. I got some medicine when I was really sick, so feels pretty good man
>>
>>51700059

The original plan as put forward by Obama and the core Dems was actually fiscally and economically sound, but the Republicans purposefully sabotaged the bill as it passed through House and Congress, making the AFCA the monstrosity it is today.

>tax penalties for coverage gaps

Fuck you Republishits
>>
>>51700504
Intelligent neoliberals make this point. They actually like the word-class systems in Switzerland and Germany. They just realize such high-quality systems would never work in the US, a US single-payer would be an even worse version of the Canadian model.

State systems might be better. Smaller on scale.
>>
>>51700059
It made it more expensive for the middle class while providing barebones care to a tiny amount of ultrapoor people, essentially screwing everyone else for the sake of a tiny minority.
>>
>>51701349

No. That's not how economics works.
>>
>>51701349
That's the definition of solidarity. How is a nation as a whole meant to advance if you leave part of it behind?
>>
>>51700059
It's only hated, because Republicunts chimped out. And because the majority of Americans are blind sheep.
>>
File: you.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>51701708
>unironically using the phrase "blind sheep"
>>
>>51701075
Wouldn't insurance companies have to drop their prices and improve what they offer when you get ill to compete though? At least that's how it works in France, you can choose from getting private insurance from one of various companies or from a company which is state- owned IIRC
>>
>>51704206
Not really. They are guaranteed customers now since companies (of a sufficient size) have to provide healthcare for their employees. So they'll have to pay out more often, but they're also getting more money in. And since people have to have it they can get away with charging more (but not like an obscene amount because of Obamacare requirements, well technically I think they can still offer whatever plans they want, they just won't be included as part of Obamacare). iirc one of the head people that wrote the law was from the insurance industry. There's a lot more to it that benefits the insurance industry though, but it's been a while since I went over this stuff so I've forgotten the smaller details.
>>
>>51700504
>brits look after their health
You're alcoholic fat fucks.
>>
>>51701304
The last government de-centralized our healthcare and let the provinces decide where they should spend money. Probably to early to see if it works better you think it would.
>>
>>51700504
>It's starting to fall apart in Britain for these reasons.
It's starting to fall apart because the infinite monet tap has been turned off and NHS staff resist every attempted change.
>>
>>51704863
I bet you also think we all have bad teeth and have had at least 20 sexual parters each.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.