[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do russians in russia still consider the country a global superpower?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 1427343201528.png (519 KB, 650x632) Image search: [Google]
1427343201528.png
519 KB, 650x632
do russians in russia still consider the country a global superpower?
>>
File: 1421851887606.jpg (147 KB, 690x769) Image search: [Google]
1421851887606.jpg
147 KB, 690x769
>>51694661
Are you doubting Putin's propaganda?
>>
>>51694661
Measured by the amount of butthurt caused to its neighbors definitely yes.

Finnland included.
>>
>>51694661
Yes.
/thread

Fuck off
>>
>>51695032
well obviously the real answer is no, I'm just asking what locals think
>>
File: Future_of_Albania.jpg (51 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Future_of_Albania.jpg
51 KB, 540x720
>>51694991

That would be enough to classify Albania as such global power.
>>
>>51695152
>United States of Albania

Made me chuckle.
>>
>>51695152
Poland is begging fir murrican military base because of Russia.

Polacks will have to die for Albania if Russia would attack it.

You lost, Polacki
>>
I see no reason for russia not to be considered a superpower
>>
>>51695959
This.
I don't get it.
>>
>>51695959
>>51695992
is italy a fucking global superpower? or australia?
>>
>>51695634
How the hell Russia can attack Albania ? Look at the map
>>
>>51696068
That fucking list has nothing to do with being a super power.
>>
>>51696234
>the size of a country's economy has nothing to do with being a super power
nigga you just went full retard
>>
File: 46657567.jpg (116 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
46657567.jpg
116 KB, 780x520
>>51696284
vroooooooom

idiot
>>
>>51694661
>over-dohuya nukes
>not global superpower
ayy lmao
>>
>>51696068
>gdp
does italy have nukes?
a bunch of old shitty tanks that are still more than enough to overpower any non superpowers military?

Money is a fiction we all adhere to for convenience, resources and military power are all that matter when it comes down to it.

Since america has transcended superpower status to something higher, second-rate powers like russia can easily be called superpowers
>>
>>51696395
pakistan and france have nukes. are pakistan and france superpowers?
>>
>>51695992
Quoted for truth

Russia could wipe my country off the map within minutes, and I think that not a lot of other countries could do this.
>>
>>51696395
Is North Korea a super power?
>>
File: 1448481493900.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1448481493900.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>51696478
>>51695959
>a bunch of old shitty tanks that are still more than enough to overpower any non superpowers military?
>does italy have nukes?

Since their tanks can't touch our military, and we have nuke, I've come to the worrying conclusion that you think the UK is a superpower. We're not a superpower, neither is Russia.

>>51696585
>Russia could wipe my country off the map within minutes
Why would they do that when we'd just nuke them back?
>>
>>51696395
>the superpowers of belgium and netherlands
>>
>>51696198
>what are planes
>>
>>51696395
Atleast that truck has 3 (three) flame extinguishers, in case shit hits the fan
>>
>>51696618
Because we have only 4 nuclear subs, which means our strike back capacity isn't actually that threatening for them. They have a realistic chance to take out our subs before we even react.

As one can reasonably consider the UK to be a regional power, we are pretty relevant in Western Europe, Russia can easily be considered a superpower, for having the ability to easily beat regional powers.
>>
>>51696570
The fact that even the name Russia gives you guys instant full blown buttpain says a lot tbvh
>>
>>51696570
and finland have military too.
when you talk about economy you consider figures and development.
when you talk about military and nukes you instantly become an autist.]
france and uk military weren't enough to bomb even fucking libya, so they had no choice but to ask the US.
>>
>>51696720
>They have a realistic chance to take out our subs before we even react.
They have to find them first.

Triomphante and Astute class are undetectable in every training exercise.

So no, no they don't have a "realistic" chance to target them.

They can sit at the bottom of the ocean, much deeper than any other submarine ever built.
>>
>>51696570
no, just having nukes doesnt make a superpower. Nukes act as a foundation for military power. Of course if you just start using nukes thats its, civilization over. Having nukes though means you have more leeway to act in certain ways because you are effectively un-attackable by other large powers.

So, because russia has nukes, it can anex ukrain and though nato can bitch about it, they cant just go in and steamrole the place like they can syria or some other insignificant country.

You wont see france or pakistan being attacked by major powers either for this reas.

If they made a strong military capable of projecting conventional power overwhelmingly against normal states, they could be argued to start getting close to being considered a superpower.

For this same reason a non nuclear state will never be a superpower.
>>
Is funland a part of butthurt belt? If not it's totally should be.
>>
>>51696859
It's the first member of the belt.
>>
>>51696585
With nukes? Sure. They don't have the power projection to reach Britain with a significant number of conventional forces however (or at least, do so and not be degraded to the point of uselessness by Britain's own forces).
>>
>>51696859
>Is funland a part of butthurt belt?
Yes.
>>
File: 750px-Trident_C-4_montage.jpg (94 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
750px-Trident_C-4_montage.jpg
94 KB, 750x600
>>51696720
>Because we have only 4 nuclear subs, which means our strike back capacity isn't actually that threatening for them.
You have no idea how many nukes those subs are capable of launching do you? One submarine can launch 16 Trident missiles, each Trident missile has capacity for 16 nuclear warheads.

>They have a realistic chance to take out our subs before we even react.
So you're an idiot then.

>As one can reasonably consider the UK to be a regional power, we are pretty relevant in Western Europe, Russia can easily be considered a superpower, for having the ability to easily beat regional powers.
This is one of the most stupid things I've read on here. The UK has a global presence, we have garrisons from the Far East to the South Atlantic, and our navy can operate in those places well-supplied. Russia can't. Russia can only do military operations near its borders and near its 1 (one) overseas naval base in Syria
>>
>>51696837

Yeah the problem with these "undetectable" stories is that unless you've tested being "undetectable" against Russian systems, you can't be exactly sure of this claim. I remember how sure everyone was about stealth fighter jets, which turned out to be easy to detect and shoot down.

And add to that our subs are getting outdated, and on the other hand, whether you like it or not, Russians are building better subs than everyone else.

So yeah, they do have a pretty good chance to cripple us.
>>
File: f117.png (31 KB, 1320x233) Image search: [Google]
f117.png
31 KB, 1320x233
>>51696959
>easy to detect
okay
>>
File: British Overseas Presence.png (125 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
British Overseas Presence.png
125 KB, 1280x712
>>51696959
>And add to that our subs are getting outdated, and on the other hand, whether you like it or not, Russians are building better subs than everyone else.
Why are you deliberately ignoring the fact that we're replacing the Vanguard Class with new subs? Why do you think the Russian subs are better "than everyone else"?

BTW according to you, pic related = a "regional power". Now do a similar map for Russia.
>>
>>51696947
yeah I've heard this same bullshit before elsewhere. I know many Britons are butthurt about not being a global superpower, but the realities are that even France is much scarier than we are. Also, our Global Military bases would be of no relevance in the case of a war against Russia.
>>
>>51696792
france and uk would easily have the capability to bomb libya, they just rather not waste the money when US loves playing world police. in a total war scenario (which is what I'm assuming with all this talk about nukes) that wouldn't really be an issue

>>51696844
>You wont see france or pakistan being attacked by major powers either for this reas.
but that's kinda what I was saying. that's having a nuclear deterrent. i don't think having a nuclear deterrent automatically makes you a superpower. especially when we live in a world where nobody will ever use them before the end of civilization.

i'd say something like your influence in trade agreements etc. is much more of a sign of a superpower than the amount of nukes collecting dust in some warehouse
>>
>>51694661
Today Russia claims it's position in the list of countries which determine the world order.
That's it.
>>
>>51694661
Nice pic but needs at least 5 more speech bubbles asking PROOFS?
>>
I like how brits thinks they can into war in 2015.
And how they know how many subs they have. I think if you ask a russian person how many subs Russia has the answer would be "I dunno, a lot"
>>
>>51697021
The point is that NATO lost 70 aircraft during that Yugoslav bullshit, including many stealth units. Sure, stealth technology does offer some sort of advantages in some settings, but it's not nearly as significant as it's commonly projected to be.
>>
>Including many stealth units
Yes, I too remember all of those stealth planes that got shot down. Dozens really.
>>
>>51697226
>NATO lost 70 aircraft during that Yugoslav bullshit
What the fuck? No they didn't.

>including many stealth units
wow
>>
>>51696959
>Russians are building better subs than everyone else.
The Yasen is Russia's desperate attempt to catch up to Western subs. It's not surpassing anything.
>>
>>51697356
yeah we spent more time with cover-ups than getting shit done properly in the first place. but hey, we're still good at communicating success, so good on that one
>>
>>51697226
>The point is that NATO lost 70 aircraft during that Yugoslav bullshit, including many stealth units
your sources seem to be vastly different from anything I've ever heard anywhere
>>
>>51694661
No we are too poor. I work as a Java developer and earn 40000 rub/month. Currency rate falls every day so today it's about $550. If we will boost our economy and quality of life, probably we will be.
>>
This is the point in the thread where everyone collectively feels ashamed of themselves for arguing with a troll.
>>
Or probably the point where we realize we aren't even discussing the central point of the thread anymore.
>>
>>51695108

What I'm about to say isn't a very popular opinion in America, but it is sometimes a matter of debate.

It is not at all obvious that "Russia is not a superpower today". And do you know WHY this is not obvious, Pekka?

Because The Bomb. In Human-Species-Destroying terms of scale. Only, ONLY they, and we, have that. The Bomb Trumps All Else. People forget about The Bomb. You Forgot about Dre.

Moreover, isn't Russia currently doing shit all throughout West Asia? Oh, that's right, they are.
>>
>>51697558
>>51697593
Hey, I stated pretty realistic thing about it.
Heard it from ukraninian political scientist Джaнгipoв, and agree.
RF doesn't dispute with major West leaders, except Ukraine situation (and somewhat Syria), and continuously make to hear its voice.
>>
>>51697068
>I know many Britons are butthurt about not being a global superpower
But we're not a global superpower and I never suggested we are. We're not a superpower. We're just a global power and that's obvious. I noticed how you ignored all my points

>Also, our Global Military bases
You're not even British are you? Where are you from?
>>
>>51697917

>>51697151
>>
Russia's friends make it a superpower.

Deal with it and let it go, man.

/thread
>>
>>51696720
This see
>>51696947

That power to have a nuclear sub isn't something to be tossed aside as "I"ve seen it elsewhere"
The ability to have that type of power is incredible and people need to see it as such seeing as you could destroy most of eastern europe with it.
>>
>>51697837
>Only, ONLY they, and we, have that.
What the fuck are you talking about? Any nuclear power has the means to start global nuclear annihilation except maybe north korea.
>Moreover, isn't Russia currently doing shit all throughout West Asia? Oh, that's right, they are.
A lot smaller nations than russia are "doing shit" all over the place
>>51697966
Russia's friends MADE it a superpower. Nobody is denying the soviet union was a superpower. Today's Russia? Not so much. Unless alaikäban you were probably born into a world where Russia was still a superpower, taught at school by people who believes Russia was still a superpower, your parents lived in a world where Russia was a superpower etc etc. That doesn't mean it's still actually the case.
>>
>>51697076
>but that's kinda what I was saying. that's having a nuclear deterrent. i don't think having a nuclear deterrent automatically makes you a superpower. especially when we live in a world where nobody will ever use them before the end of civilization.

The rest of my post explains it. Its a two part system.

To be a superpower you need two things:

1. Conventional force capable of overwhelming non superpowers.
2. Nukes so other superpowers dont mess with you when you do it

This is what gives you real global weight.

All money is, is a way to more easily shift resources around. Having not a lot of money, but a lot of resources and potential resources (which is what military might gives you), is just as good (and better in a lot of ways) of having little of those things but a high GDP and general wealth, because those things only matter when there is an active stable global economy.
>>
>>51698222

You are correct about the domino effect. I was clearly referring to scale of stockpiles, however.
>>
>>51698222
Russia has power and that's ALL IT'LL EVER NEED.

Just stop crying about it
>>
>>51698422
I'm not crying about it. Tells a lot about you that you're trying to project this ryssäviha idea over to me because it's the only way of discussing russia you can comprehend.
>>
>>51698505
>because it's the only way of discussing russia you can comprehend.

The irony.
>>
>>51698684
I make a thread about "is russia a superpower in 2015" and you read it as "i don't like russia being a superpower". Irony indeed.
>>
>>51697837
>only they have and we have that
are you retarded?
>>
>>51697961
I ignored the irrelevant ones. We need to stop pretending that we are some uber relevant invincible country, because we are not. We are not even the most powerful state in Western Europe, so I don't quite see how we would be able to even compete with Russia. Whether you like it or not, Russia is a superpower.
>>
File: nasa_blue_marble.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3075) Image search: [Google]
nasa_blue_marble.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3075
>Global Superpower
>A superpower is a word used to describe a state with a dominant position in international relations and is characterised by its unparalleled ability to exert influence or project power on a global scale.

You decide.
>>
>>51699279
could people please provide some reasonings behind why russia is a superpower in 2015 other than "deal with it"? those posts don't really contribute much
>>
>>51699333
It's territory is the largest in the world, also contains roughly 1/3 of all natural resources. It has a very powerful military force, one of the two countries that own a strategic bomber force, has the largest stockpile of nukes, the second largest number of submarines, it has a vast array of launch locations for nukes, highly developed missile technology, capable of destroying objects in space orbit, very high manufacturing capacity, huge number of tanks, etc. etc.
>>
>>51699458
China has almost all of those things, but it's not a superpower.
>>
>>51699532
Nice tautology.
>>
>>51699458
Most of their tech is ancient, and the few new things they show off are just for showing off.

take the ghoulash out of your vagina.
>>
>>51699458
now we're talking, though
>It has a very powerful military force
is it really? in raw numbers sure but isn't it heavily outdated by now? even if you manufacture much of your own shit from your own resources it still doesn't help being that poor. also while posessing tons of missiles and manpower etc. they lack the global presence NATO countries have
>>51699532
if china isn't a superpower then there is absolutely no fucking way russia is.
>>
>>51699643
Then you have not been up to date with the past 10-15 years or so, no comment on that.
>>
File: fo1029_usbases12001.gif (610 KB, 1200x2022) Image search: [Google]
fo1029_usbases12001.gif
610 KB, 1200x2022
>>51699646
Not even really just NATO.
>>
>>51699643
>Most of their tech is ancient, and the few new things they show off are just for showing off.
yeah this is the image I had too. they have plenty of examples of newer weaponry from small arms to heavy vehicles but produced in extremely low quantities mainly for PR/propaganda so they can say they're on par with the west/china in military research and development yet in reality the vast majority of their armed forces are equipped with soviet era junk
>>
>>51699646
Yeah it is, and about the outdatedness, a lot of people tend to have a lot of misconceptions about this area. I'm not really sure how to touch on this.

I'm just a bit concerned that we are vastly overestimating our own abilities, in fact, I don't like this at all.

Hitler had a similar line of thinking as we do here now, about being technologically superior, and being the best and what not, and in the end he got his ass handed to him. In essence, I think that we are going to go down the same path as he did, and I don't want this.

Our leaders start to slowly become crazy enough to think that we the West could collectively win a war against Russia and friends, which is fucking stupid, because we fucking can not.

Also, China is much more vulnerable than Russia.
>>
>>51699854
That's like China claiming they're on par with western whiskey technology.
>>
>>51699532
china doesnt really have those things, china lacks any meaningful power projection, its military is quite frankly shit and stat padded to hell because its mandatory for college students in china to serve in the military for a while, and most of the time spent serving in it is just communist indoctrination classes.

They cant navy for shit. Russia has a frankly, hilarious, naval history. But at least their ships mostly sink after they have gotten where they were trying to get to. China cant even launch ships reliably.

China is also ruining its land with pollution and being retards. Not 'oh no the planet' polution, but 'is it day or night i cant tell' polution. They also have this stupid idea to try and solve everything with huge public works projects which literally destroy the viability of their territory. They are running out of clean water and causing seismic instability by polluting and damming their rivers in places that dont even make sense.

Their military also has no joint operation capability at all because nobody in the party trusts anyone else enough to give them executive power over the entire armed forces. That means their military forces, such as they are, amounts to private armies directly under control of certain high ranking party officials.

china is smoke and mirrors
>>
File: AinsleySmile.jpg (189 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySmile.jpg
189 KB, 2197x1463
>>51699711
>he actually believes in the armata and pak-fa

i can't even
>>
>>51699643
that doesnt matter if nobody but america even bothers to maintain more than a token military force

Russia probably has more field artillery pieces than any one european country has missiles to take out.
>>
>>51699912
>and in the end he got his ass handed to him
yeah but hitler led a country of 90 million against allied forces of what ~750 million people not even including india, china or brazil?
if russia started flexing its muscles seriously it would be outnumbered as heavily as hitler was, only without the technological edge
>>51699953
>he says while posting the worst whiskey ever sold
>>
>>51699912
>Our leaders start to slowly become crazy enough to think that we the West could collectively win a war against Russia and friends, which is fucking stupid, because we fucking can not.

You're insane if you think NATO couldn't take Russia, unless you're talking about NATO invading Russia which would be retarded.

Also, what friends? Iran? Syria? Cuba? Yeah i'm terrified of these pillars of military and economic might.
>>
>>51700129
I just wanted to post something recognizable.
>>
File: AinsleyTap.gif (2 MB, 230x178) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyTap.gif
2 MB, 230x178
>>51700103
having a shitload of 60s-70s tech that's been in storage ever since or paraded around moscow every decade isn't very scary, hernandez.
>>
>>51699333

>>51698227
>1. Conventional force capable of overwhelming non superpowers.
>2. Nukes so other superpowers dont mess with you when you do it
>>
>>51700129
The fact that Europe cuddles up into NATO and particularly into USA's butthole just because of Russia speaks for itself. Otherwise, standalone, none of the European countries are comparable in strength to Russia. We have the NATO literally because we shit our pants when Russia moves its tanks around a little.
>>
>>51700193
>the only thing that makes a superpower a superpower is its military
>>
>>51700240
Well, it's good to see a truly objective post.
>>
>>51694661
Only USA and China are superpowers. Russia could not officially recognize this fact, but it actually is.
>>
>>51700193
but if that's all it takes then the UK and france are superpowers too. the only countries russia could overwhelm with conventional weapons are its poor neighbors and france or UK could easily fight a country that size too
>>
>>51700160
What I'm saying is that many of us severely overestimate our capacities for no apparent reason.
>>
>>51700186
You dont need much to beat nothing
>>
>>51700240
but why would you ever talk about european countries as standalone? I have a really hard time imagining a situation where a EU/NATO country would be attacked by russia and left on its own. just as I have a very hard time imagining a EU/NATO country attacking into russia.
>>
>>51694661
>>51695108

America's power is so weak now, that it's actually declined from it's height in 2003. Russia achieved parity on land in 2011 and has surpassed America by 2014. America owns the oceans, but Russian submarine capability has only improved. The Air is mixed, because of increased Russian surface to air capabilities.

On the diplomatic front, the US is losing control of it's puppet state allies like Turkey and Saudi Arabia and is even failing to crush small time dictators like Bashar Al Assad. Putin has made himself look more powerful compared to Obama and has asserted authority. Many in the west would prefer Putin or Putin esque figures in charge.
>>
>>51700418
>America's image from its shitty foreign policy is so weak now, its actually declined from its height in 2003.

Fix'd
>>
People seem very obsessed or scared of them so they have to be
>>
>>51700391
Well yeah, but you see, if you really need something like NATO just because of Russia, then maybe, Russia is a superpower. If Russia was some regional power like Iran, then you know, probably the UK would be enough to put up a fair fight against Russia. (Actually, I'm not even sure if the UK could beat Iran in a war, kek)
>>
>>51700304
Not at all, Russia could crush the European states easily

They have no strategic depth, it would take far too long for the West European states to mobilize compared to the Russians.

The Russians could grind across the undefended frontier into Germany easily, and then there goes Germany, all you're left with from them is a single brigade or division that managed to escape.

Russia would overwhelm France and the UK would be forced to Surrender or be invaded.
>>
>>51700479
Capabilities has decreased, enemies have gotten much stronger and overall position is more precarious.

The domestic situation on the American home front is declining. There is increased political radicalism, political strife and dissent levels not seen the darkest days of the great depression. The US is heading towards civil strife.
>>
>>51696198
More importantly why the fuck would Russia attack Albania?
>>
>>51699279
>We need to stop pretending that we are some uber relevant invincible country
I never said that? I said we're a global power - NOT a superpower, NOT invincible. The UK has a global presence, a global constellation of alliances, bilateral relations and military bases.

It's a fact. Russia on the other hand is a regional power, they do not have a global presence.
>>
>>51700522
>what is the watchful eye of the US
>what is NATO

you are seriously delusional if you think NATO can't mobilize as quickly or quicker than Russia

>>51700625
OK, you are this delusional
>>
>>51700653
To take Holy Christian Serbian land of Kosovo back from jihadis back.
>>
>>51700501
But NATO isn't just anti-russia. Sure russia is one of its enemies but it's not like if russia didn't exist there would be no need for nato. The western world is basically one big circlejerk at this point and having a shared army makes total sense with the middle east and rise of asian countries etc.
>>
>>51700625
>The domestic situation on the American home front is declining. There is increased political radicalism, political strife and dissent levels not seen the darkest days of the great depression. The US is heading towards civil strife.

Man, you think the BLM movement is America's end? Christ. The Civil Right's Movement and the anti-war groups during the Vietnam War put these guys to fucking shame. They'd be embarrassed seeing the baby-tier shit today's protest groups are up to.
>>
>>51700749
oops that was one "back" too much
>>
We have greater forced projection than Russia. Russia is literally a joke.
>>
File: PLA_ballistic_missiles_range.jpg (571 KB, 1420x873) Image search: [Google]
PLA_ballistic_missiles_range.jpg
571 KB, 1420x873
>>51700304

France or the UK would be hard pressed to take on a large third world country like Indonesia, let alone actual nuclear powers like India or China.

>the only countries russia could overwhelm with conventional weapons are its poor neighbors and france or UK could easily fight a country that size too

Not without the support of America
>>
>>51700625
>Capabilities has decreased
we are bringing 2 more supercarriers online

america has internal issues but the second we develop a real enemy to go and fight whos actually threatening us those will go away. They exist largley because things are so good in america for most americans we dont want to bother fighting the crazy radicals and just let them do their thing in silence while watching tv and eating hamburgers.
>>
>>51700690
Yeah? You know our global presence does nothing useful for us? It's an unnecessary burden on our military budget. If we spent it on actually upgrading our Army, then we'd be more relevant. If you think that Russia is a regional power, then you are clearly retarded, and should not discuss topics meant for those with IQ 90+
>>
>>51700522
but germany and uk and france were out of the discussion because of the nuclear deterrent. we were talking about countries without nukes, and my point was that pretty much any country russia could invade without nukes the western nuclear powers could too
>>
>>51700829
People like you are the kind of people who think Japan has a stronger military than France or the UK in any kind of realistic context.

If the UK did as you say, their force projection would go to complete shit.
>>
>>51694661
Don't really think about this aspect at all. You must be so insecure, lol.
>>
>>51700769
There is no other country in, or near Europe that can pose a serious threat to Europe, other than Russia, and you know that. NATO is obviously against Russia, it's not like anyone even tries to deny this.
>>
>>51700918
of course russia is a huge part of it, but i'd say something like a coordinated anti-"""terrorism""" campaign instead of every western nation wasting their resources uncoordinatedly all over the place is also a big part of nato these days
>>
>>51700886
No, I do not think that Japan has a strong Army as their capabilities would allow, as they have some very clear constitutional and other kinds of restrictions regards their military use.
>>
>>51700625

Nigger how delusional are you?
>>
>>51700974
NATO hasn't done anything useful nor relevant to actually combat terrorism. Laughably, at this moment, even Russia tries does more to combat terrorism and protect Europe than NATO does.
>>
>>51701057
that's kinda hard to say because we haven't seen a world where nato hasn't spent the last 15 years drone striking known terrorist leaders and carpet bombing their training camps
>>
>>51701057
thats just because some idiot let turkey in
>>
>>51701136
yeah how useful. the terrorists that actually shoot up our streets live in no-go zones of European cities. Sometimes Russia sends us lists of terrorist people they suspect might be in Europe and we just ignore it.
>>
File: 1448991730460.jpg (89 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448991730460.jpg
89 KB, 400x400
>get your plane shot down
>turn around, do nothing
global power as fuck
>>
>>51701204
>yeah how useful
you can't know. it could be entirely possible the terrorist who live here would have twice the funding without these actions or even worse
>>
File: 1342455451230.gif (481 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1342455451230.gif
481 KB, 500x281
1. USA
101. EU
102. China

Russia is India tier at best, economically less significant than Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>51701307
how about cleaning up our no-go zones first? Why the fuck is the NATO holding exercises about invading a shore, when there are literally people from a self-proclaimed caliphate shooting up European capitals? We are acting like fucking retards.
>>
Finland is the only superpower 2bh
>>
>>51701486
>>
>>51701429
>>51701057
But NATO isn't responsible for the that, unless you want them to put a tank on every corner. That is obviously a policing issue.
>>
>>51700829
>Yeah? You know our global presence does nothing useful for us?
Where's your justification for saying this?

>If we spent it on actually upgrading our Army, then we'd be more relevant.
You think the UK, and island nation, should forget power projection and the Royal Navy and spend money on the Army? Wow, thank god our government doesn't listen to people like you.
>>
>>51696452
>implying anyone is ever going to use nukes
>>
>>51700522
How could Russian "overwhelm" us exactly?
>>
>>51701688
Then NATO is fucking useless, and we should disband it, and spend the money on policing, as it seems to be a very big problem right now. Although, I think that the NATO forces could easily be helpful in cleaning out the no-go zones, because we are talking about fighting with terrorists, many of them could be professionally trained soldiers, with military grade weapons, and good knowledge of tactics.

I am sick that we use our resources and capabilities in such retarded ways. We want to go and wave our dick to Russia, hurr durr, we are so stronk and powerful, meanwhile our own cities are terrorist hotspots, and absolutely not safe to live in.

Like yeah, what is our strategy against Putin? Make himself laugh at us until he laughs himself to death? Honestly speaking, we have far better things to do than wave our peen against Russia.
>>
>>51700800
Phew.
>>
>>51699912
>In essence, I think that we are going to go down the same path as he did, and I don't want this.
You're obviously not British. Where are you from?
>>
>>51701766
It would be a lot better for us to become more and more neutral with time and be less and less involved in shit we have no real interest or business in. Or is being America's lapdog your ultimate dream?
>>
>>51702041
>It would be a lot better for us to become more and more neutral with time and be less and less involved in shit we have no real interest or business in.
So the mask is finally slipping. You hate that the UK is a global power with global interests and you wish we were irrelevant. Sorry, not happening.

>Or is being America's lapdog your ultimate dream?
How does it logically follow that having global interests means being "America's lapdog"? Explain that one to me please. Especially in light of the UK's recent foreign policy regarding China
>>
>>51701855
NATO would be a lot more useful if Europe wasn't full of faggots who are so afraid of war that they will just let the muslim hordes in to stay.

>inb4 UK meets its NATO obligations
I know. I'm not talking about the UK.
>>
>>51702041
>It would be a lot better for us to become more and more neutral
This is true, for everyone and everything.
>>
>>51702149
We ARE pretty much irrelevant already. The main things that keep us relevant is that we have nukes and an UNSC permanent seat.

What I'm saying is that we should stop wasting money on irrelevant shit, and deal with problems at home before we wave our dicks in front of others.

Also, I fucking hate it that we lost the Independence vote last year. I don't even care for all those bastards down south, London and surroundings can burn in Hell for all I care.
>>
File: 1446625053208.png (474 KB, 653x446) Image search: [Google]
1446625053208.png
474 KB, 653x446
>>51702023
Russia, probably
>>
>>51694661
template?
>>
File: joint force 2025.png (165 KB, 723x1007) Image search: [Google]
joint force 2025.png
165 KB, 723x1007
>>51702282
>Also, I fucking hate it that we lost the Independence vote last year.
So I'm arguing with someone who doesn't think the UK should exist. I doubt you're even Scottish. Even Scots don't write like this

>London and surroundings can burn in Hell for all I care.
with all that weird capitalisation and wrong grammar.

Anyway, you don't think the UK should exist. No wonder you want us to withdraw from the world.

Well, sorry. The British government has been increasing our global presence with hard power (new military bases, more sea/air power) and soft power(foreign aid, increasing BBC World Service funding, more diplomatic posts in the Asia-Pacific)

Whether you are Scottish, Russian or whatever you are, be prepared to get increasingly upset because we are not going anywhere.

It's VERY interesting that you lambast the UK for "dick waving" when it's your beloved Russia who does that more than any other country (except perhaps the US). At least we don't constantly irritate our neighbours by sending RAF fighters near their airspace with transponders turned off, I mean that behaviour from Russia really is pathetic, like they're trying to remind us that they exist.
>>
>>51700747
It can't, it simply just can't. The European states don't have the budget to do so at all, Russia has stronger conscription infrastructure. More of their population has military training than comparable amounts in NATO countries.
>>51700747
I'm not the delusional one, you're pretending you're an all out power when all signs point to declining. You want to live in a fantasy where you're on top and can't cope with the fact you're not because it would destroy all of your self worth.

>>51700774
BLM is incredibly popular with a militant minority

That isn't where it ends

Militias are continually gaining in numbers and fire power. Political radicals like Trump or Sanders gaining popularity demonstrates the willingness of the population to accept unorthodox political ideologies
>>51700826
There is already one offline, and the navy doesn't have the budget to repair 3 others.

That's mostly bullshit, America has always relied on it's allies and puppet states to fight wars. Their performance on their own in WW2 was negligible.

>>51700993
You're having the same problem as the American i was just speaking to, you're delusional if you think America is still on top. Your own generals admit that NATO with America's help couldn't stop Russia from taking over the Baltics or advancing into Poland.
>>
>>51701850
After the Russians drive over the flat undefended territory of poland, they'd enter Germany and encounter moderate resistance from the few units in the west that could reform in time. The Franco-German corps in Strasbourg would also join, but superior russian numbers in armour and infantry as well as air superiority would result in the Russians taking the rest of Germany and Be-Ne-Lux countries. France would present the largest threat to the Russian advance, but the Russians would utilize their superiority in the air as well as their enhanced capabilities to deliver strategic munitions via surface launched missiles. Russian Iskanders and even scuds could wipe out French resistance where ever it materialized.
>>
>>51702687
How is the US military in decline when we still spend the most on battlefield and long range tech, as well as on on super carriers, fighter jets, and unmanned vehicles? Russia technologically has no chance against the US, so to say that we are in decline and that Russia is getting more powerful while their economy is what's actually declining makes you sound like the delusional RT kool aid drinking Russiaboo that you are, and yes NATO can and will mobilize quicker than Russia can, to think that the US doesn't have its eyes all over Europe and Russia whether by spies, satellites, or by communications monitoring and can and will mobilize on verified or even rumored threats is once again, pure delusion
>>
>>51702659
I don't give a fuck who you think I am. You are so retarded that it starts to really just piss me off.

What's upsetting that you think our global military presence is beneficial to us. It's fucking stupid. We need a strong enough military to make sure no one thinks it's a good idea to attack us, and that's enough.

As for the rest, we should be making housing more affordable, cleaning up our no-go zones, and dealing with the corruption that has been so well embedded into our society. We should be working on making our own fucking country more pleasant to live in, rather than making other countries less pleasant to live in, to seem better in comparison at the end. Do you even know how many people rely on shit like food banks to meet their basic needs? What the actual fuck are we doing? Have you seen how run down our urban areas are starting to look? I bet you are living in some very nice suburb shielded from the realities that this country faces. If you actually think that we really should be spending on new military bases and BBC World Service, then you have some really fucked up priorities. You should move out from your mom's basement more often, kiddo.
>>
oh boy time to learn some Russian
>>
to be honest no one irl cares about politics, the only people that do are autist nobodies or college students who have been intoxicated with liberal ideas.
>>
>>51702910
You're entering into the military spending fallacy. Just because you throw more money on something doesn't automatically make it better. The US military industrial complex is raft with government corruption within every single department and corporation. It demonstrably gets less value per dollar when compared to the Russian or Chinese.

The US has also fallen behind in several major innovations made by the Russian.

The US has a a major leadership problem, it's entire officer corp has a generation of leaders staffed with politically correct BS and trained premarily to fight counter insurgency style warfare. The Russians have been fighting conventional enemies far longer, and this has made them more capable in that field.

Super Carriers are essentially useless now, they have no real defence against Russian nuclear submarines and "super torpedos" or even bombardment from land launched anti naval missiles. Russia has advanced considerably in Surface to Air launched missiles and would have no problem defending their airspace.

I am not some RT fanatic, I studied warfare for years in an academic setting, concentrating on Modern Warfare. I'm well versed in what modern warfare is and is becoming, you're simply not and are relying on catch phrases and slogans, basically just memes.

NATO Countries are too civilian, too pacifist and have defunded too far. Do you really think Hungary, Poland or the Czech Republic could muster 100'000 Troops each in 7 days?

Russia's electronic warfare capability has surpassed Americas and has stronger anti jamming technology. Russian officers are trained better and aren't hampered by the politics the American ones face. You're the delusional one.
>>
File: 1443979496903.png (967 KB, 962x863) Image search: [Google]
1443979496903.png
967 KB, 962x863
>ITT
>>
>>51700358
explains why the viets raped you
>>
File: 1438597863276.jpg (10 KB, 225x255) Image search: [Google]
1438597863276.jpg
10 KB, 225x255
>>51702955
>You should move out from your mom's basement more often, kiddo.
AND there it is. Confirmed for foreigner. That was easy. And you have the cheek to say "we" all the time, what a joke.

>If you actually think that we really should be spending on new military bases and BBC World Service, then you have some really fucked up priorities.
You clearly don't understand how the world works, Ivan. This is a globalised world. Events happen. They affect us. Events on the other side of the world affect us in a huge way. We're especially vulnerable as almost all our trade comes in by sea.

We therefore have a choice: retain the ability to influence events (with hard and soft power as appropriate), or lose that ability and be influenced by events, unable to protect British interests - which are global whether you like it or not.

You should feel pretty stupid right now. If you're going to pretend to be British, for fuck's sake get the basics right.
>>
>>51703134
lithuanians are bros, my gf is lithuanian
>>
>This fucking russiaboo under my flag

gj failinvading one tenth of Ukraine
>>
>>51703175
>Super Carriers are essentially useless now, they have no real defence against Russian nuclear submarines and "super torpedos" or even bombardment from land launched anti naval missiles
Yep, there it is.
>>
>>51703253
she's a whore for dating someone outside of her race
tell her this " tikras lietuviska birka geresne negu kanapydero"
>>
>>51703321
They never invaded with a considerable amount of troops, like maybe 10% of the Separatists were Russian troops.

If Russia wanted to invade the Ukraine it would have mobilized more men than they used to break Georgia in 4 days.
>>
>>51703356
I white tho senpai

lithuanian guys are beta shits from what i understand
>>51703351
It's 100% True, Super Carrier are becoming outdated in the face of more advanced missile and torpedo technology.
>>
File: 1449317300051.jpg (545 KB, 1543x1891) Image search: [Google]
1449317300051.jpg
545 KB, 1543x1891
>>51703397
too bad they couldn't send us another jet. erdo was too eager to test something
>>
>>51703465
Lithuanian guys beta shits? LOL, is she really from lithuania?
Has she ever given you a blowjob?
>>
>>51703465
Good they're always surrounded by planes and other ships that can protect them from missiles and submarines
>>
>>51703236
Wow, bro, a whole post full of cancer. You seem to have run out of steam. Britain is already so dependent on other countries for virtually everything, that we don't actually have any kind of ability to influence events with. Anyway, tell me, why are you so butthurt? Did you get raped as a child or something?

I'm so glad that we'll have BBC World Service, and that we'll have massive ghettos full of radical islamists and other general cancer. It'll be such an amazing country to live in.
>>
File: 1449185305924.png (564 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1449185305924.png
564 KB, 1600x1600
>>51703521
>>
>>51694661
There are no superpowers, only a hyper power then global powers then regional powers
>>
>>51703175
>I am not some RT fanatic, I studied warfare for years in an academic setting, concentrating on Modern Warfare. I'm well versed in what modern warfare is and is becoming

And this is exactly how I know you're full of shit and just love Russia to be contrarian also everything else in your post is your subjective opinion because you have provided no proof, fuck off you commie faggot
>>
>>51703521
The SU-37s in Syria are more than capable of destroying your F-16s.

The Fucking syrian air force downed one of your F-4s with a MiG-21, who are you to talk?

>>51703551
So why does history show that isn't a full proof defence, especially in the face of far more advanced torpedoes. Why do all kind of international war games show that the carriers can be reached and destroyed by the submarines of various countries including France?
>>51703633
No, it's simply that experience develops officer corps much better than pretend warfare in shit heap mud skin dirt hovels. Where soldiers act as glorified police officers, the Russian officers gained experience fighting mechanized warfare on land and air. Facing coordinated professional enemies instead of untrained illiterate insurgents.
>>
File: w-RUSI.jpg (981 KB, 982x1225) Image search: [Google]
w-RUSI.jpg
981 KB, 982x1225
>>51703397
>Georgia
Yeah, that's about Russia's invasion limit.

>Invading Ukraine
Good luck leaving China/Caucasus unprotected, while getting sanctioned into the stone again. But what am I saying, you're the one that thought Russia could roll through Germany or whatever lol like its 1945.

Not fooling anyone proxy ivan
>>
>>51703744
mate respond to my post
if your lith gf ever gave you a bj then she was a cum dumpster back home. our girls are notorious sluts when they're far away from home.
>>
>>51703557
>Britain is already so dependent on other countries for virtually everything
You mean for imports and such? That has always been the case, even during Empire. There are a lot of people living here and as is frequently observed, a big island this ain't.

This is part of the reason we bother keeping a sophisticated navy, with warships always 100% made in Britain, which can act globally. Insurance against the risk of blockade or trade routes being choked off. That is also why we work hard at keeping good relationships with big and small countries in every region of the world.

>I'm so glad that we'll have BBC World Service, and that we'll have massive ghettos full of radical islamists and other general cancer.
You keep going on about the World Service. Do you have any idea how much that costs compared to the rest of the budget? Or even total defence spending? Defence is about 5% or 6% of the UK budget.

You're saying we should cut THERE in order to free up more resources for terrorism, ignoring the other 95% of the budget.

With each reply you seem to get more stupid. Keep going please.
>>
>>51703846
This is an image of a large deployment, however only two major groups of units are actually near the Ukraine border, and they're not all heavy units. Even if the entire 20th Motorized Rifles intervened, it wouldn't be the majority of the Rebels. I feel the annexation of Crimea was justified.

Georgia was easily destroyed lol, it only took 4 days to unravel a US trained and supported military with Israeli technology. The Russians could easily crush the Ukraine in probably 2 weeks to a month.

The Russians did more damage to ISIS in Syria than the Americans did for over a year.

You're not fooling anyone American internet defence force
>>
>>51703744
>Why do all kind of international war games show that the carriers can be reached and destroyed by the submarines of various countries including France?
Because they handicap carriers so sub crews can actually learn things.

Are we going to be fighting France anytime soon?
>>
>>51703557
By the way "bro", are you going to tell us where you're from? Somewhere to the east, perhaps?
>>
>>51704039
France has decreased capabilities of submarines compared to the Russians. The Russians have more and have trained to hunt down and sink carriers.

The Russians could easily sink your carriers with land based missiles, or a strike force of their best ships could fire off enough naval missiles to destroy your carriers and get out of there before they can be targeted. Falklands war has shown us the power of ship launched missiles.
>>
>>51704078
I told you already, there are two russiaboo/proxy/immigrants ITT: a Canadian and a Brit.

Stop asking
>>
>>51703988
Yeah, like I said, we should have a military that's good enough to defend ourselves, but I don't think that we need a military presence in Germany for example, to achieve our relative safety.

Wow, as for the rest, you managed to miss the point entirely. I selected one example of frivolous spending, and you base your entire argument around it. Does your IQ actually exceed 90?

To make it obvious even for the likes of you: We have a LOT of shit in our budget that we could spend better.
>>
>>51704167
>autism
Fuck of AIDF

I'm Canadian, I'm from Nova Scotia. Fuck you american cock sucker.
>>
>>51704078
I already told you, you fucking retard. Scroll up and learn to remember things for longer than 2 minutes.
>>
The PutinShilling is strong in this one (two)

(seriously though this thread is hilarious)
>>
>>51704252
It is pretty hilarious to watch amerilards and UKkeks get BTFO'd.
>>
>No delicious (You)'s for the CYKA BLYAT squad
>>
>>51694661
This thread turned out better than the ones where people say the UK and France aren't world powers, and their respective shills jump to defend.
>>
>>51704170
>we should have a military that's good enough to defend ourselves

Do you have any idea how many commitments this country has around the world?
>>
>>51704145
>Falklands war has shown us the power of ship launched missiles.
If you mean the Exocets they were air launched

>>51704170
>Yeah, like I said, we should have a military that's good enough to defend ourselves, but I don't think that we need a military presence in Germany for example, to achieve our relative safety.
Good enough to defend ourselves in reality means a global presence. But the Army presence in Germany is not needed, we had that because the USSR was a real threat. Russia is pretty weak and can't pose a real threat of land invasion into continental Europe. If you didn't know, we're pulling out of Germany and leaving that job to the Germans.

We are re-opening a new Army base in Central America (Belize) and opening a completely new Royal Navy base in the Gulf (Bahrain). There are excellent reasons for both.

>>51704242
>I already told you, you fucking retard.
Where? All you said was "I don't give a fuck who you think I am" >>51702955
>>
>>51704433
We need to come to realistic terms with what we can, and need to do. A lot of the things we've done in the past were either plain wrong, or just not necessary.
>>
>>51704447
I meant to write torpedos and i was referring to the Belgrano, but Exocets are also a good example of the capability of air to ship.

The Carrier was good for the 1939-1979 era but after that I'd say they became the battleships of our time.
>>
>>51700625
>>51700418
>>51700522

Dear God, is this a troll or are people literally delusional? Or is this a Russian shill?
>>
>>51704626
Take your pick, I think just troll, but he said he's Nova Scotia so probably retarded
>>
>>51704447
No it does not. You obviously like to suck american cock so much. We don't need to be everywhere in the world. Nobody ants us to go around everywhere in the world. You have been reading up way too much propaganda, and have a ridiculously distorted view of the world. It feels pointless to tell you anything.

Fuck, you can't be this autistic, Jesus fucking Christ, learn to scroll up man.
>>
File: fuck this shit.png (978 KB, 1822x846) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.png
978 KB, 1822x846
>>51704626
I think he's trolling.
>>
>>51704626
Your last option after being defeated in argument is to call me delusional. You're obviously afflicted by cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: empire strikes back.jpg (170 KB, 736x983) Image search: [Google]
empire strikes back.jpg
170 KB, 736x983
>>51704501
>We need to come to realistic terms with what we can, and need to do.
We can do a hell of a lot, the potential of this country is absolutely huge and that has been proven many times over and again. It's actually amazing what the British military, running on fumes at just 2% of GDP, is capable of doing. If we started acting like Russia or the USA and went over 3% GDP that would be most interesting.

>>51704513
>The Carrier was good for the 1939-1979 era but after that I'd say they became the battleships of our time.
I'd like to point out that your example of the Falklands was a watershed moment in that it proved beyond doubt the usefulness of aircraft carriers. Even fairly shit tiny ones like the Royal Navy had at the time. Your chosen examples are disproving your own argument.
>>
>>51704716
Because you're obviously delusional
>>
>>51704709
That's a stupid image macro made by someone who is an idiot.

Literally all of those anti missile systems are just surmounted by firing more missiles which is easily doable since the Russians have been producing thousands of them since 1999. You can design you heart away, but the ship as a large platform will never surpass the ability of the missiles to destroy it. Russian missiles are the best in the world, and they'll only get better as time goes on. The Carrier is inefficient, especially considering the range capabilities with our technology and how many airbases they have open to them.
>>
File: natovsrussia.jpg (43 KB, 520x322) Image search: [Google]
natovsrussia.jpg
43 KB, 520x322
>>51704716

I'm sure Russia can overcome pic related and conquer all of Europe anon.
>>
>>51704704
It's got nothing to do with America, we do have other allies around the world, we have our own territories, our own bases, we do our own part in keeping the peace.
>>
>>51704737
It was actually about how a poor 3rd world country like Argentina with a shit fuck budget and shit fuck military could actually fuck with one of the most powerful countries in the world for cheap.

Russia is far more powerful than Argentina yet Argentina fucked up a lot of your own shit. Russia has more than 700 aircraft capable of delivering missiles like that, while Argentina had like 20.
>>
ITT: delusional Russiaboos
>>
>>51704852

>Macross missile spam works IRL.

Oh lel.
>>
>>51704852
>surmounted by firing more missiles
That's what Aegis was designed to defend against in the first place.
>>
>>51704878
We are some awfully shitty peacekeeprs then. Either way, as long as there are persistent structural problems at home, we should be focused on solving those, rather than spending money to be able to live in the illusion that we are some uber relevant country.
>>
File: rn frigate suez.jpg (2 MB, 2711x1805) Image search: [Google]
rn frigate suez.jpg
2 MB, 2711x1805
>>51704704
>Nobody [w]ants us to go around everywhere in the world.
This is completely wrong and I'll give you some examples.

There are a couple thousand British Army troops in Brunei, they are there at the personal request of the Sultan himself. He even pays some of the costs. He wants a British Army presence there.

The Royal Navy's Singapore facility is a result of the Five Powers Defence Agreements where, as Britain wound down the Empire in 1971, Malaysia and Singapore both wanted to keep a British military presence in the area. They want us there.

Belize has been asking the British government regularly to re-open the Army base there, they obliged this year.

Bahrain wants the Royal Navy base (HMS Juffair) so badly that they're actually PAYING to build the damn thing for us.

You are delusional. You are an idiot. You are not even British. And you are wrong.
>>
>>51704853
NATO couldn't mobilize all of their forces, 40% of NATO tanks are shit tier M-60s, Leopard -1s or even M-48s. Russia also has access to a tank reserve of 10'000 and a much easier population to militarize.

Russian Iskanders however could wipe out NATO airbases in Europe and their ability to preform quality air supremacy operations.
>>
File: 122.png (164 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
122.png
164 KB, 398x307
>>51704937
>someone dropped their proxy a little early
>>
>>51704945
>comparing real life discussions to anime
just stop
>>51704938
ITT AIDF
>>51704993
AEGIS doesn't have a real combat test, doesn't have an interception rate capable of protecting all ships and has a high failure rate especially with amounts of missiles increasing. Russian missiles have the technology to doge and take evasive measures to adapt to a changing battlefield situation.
>>
>>51705012
It's also worthy to note that Greece wouldn't fight against Russia, neither would Italy or even possibly France.
>>51705013
What are you talking about?
>>
File: l_ab82aa8a.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
l_ab82aa8a.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>51705077
Please, all you have done is come up with bullshit Russian tactics and made up figures and inventory ifnthe Russian military to make them seem as though they're stronger than what they are without proofs
>>
>>51699082

You seem to think that I wrote something like "only USA and Russia have nuclear bombs". That's not what I wrote.

I don't know how good your English reading is. Try re-reading what I wrote.
>>
>>51704937
1. Argentina had a powerful military back then, they had some of the latest Western vessels, aircraft and weapons.

2. Russia couldn't pull it off. Russia can't project power into the South Atlantic and sustain a military operation there. Who could do that? Some south American countries, the US, the UK and France. No one else.
>>
>>51704999

And why should we give a fuck about places like Brunei, Singapore and Belize again? They would manage just as fine without our meaningless presence there. These are basically examples of us doing pointless shit for the lulz.

As for your personal attacks, I don't know what to say, I guess I can reply to them too, you fuckface.
>>
>>51705162
No, I was going by about how many outdated T-72s and T-64s are still in Russian storage.

What is "bullshit russian tactics"
I completely proved and out argued you, deal with it.
>>51705191
Most of Argentina's technology was from the T-40s, their army still used Shermans and had a cruiser that participated in Pearl Harbour. They only had TWENTY AIRCRAFT capable of delivering anti ship missiles and the french even sabotaged them!

Russia wouldn't need to project into the South Atlantic, because once they control the North Atlantic and the Icelandic corridor the situation become shit. NATO would lose the Baltic sea too.
>>
>>51705012

>Russia also has access to a tank reserve of 10'000

Most of which are even more shitty than those tanks you mentioned and their latest T-90 is so crap it stalled out in a Russian military parade meant to impress the world.

>NATO couldn't mobilize all of their forces,

[Citation needed], because it very well looks like they could with little to no problems, especially if Russia launched a war of aggression which btw would be impossible to do in a surprise attack because we would notice their massive troop buildup and mobilize accordingly.

>a much easier population to militarize.

Eastern Europeans alone have been preparing and are eager to destroy Russia. There is no way Western Europeans are going to let Russia steamroll their way to the gates of Germany without mobilizing either, try harder. This is assuming Putin could even afford to mobilize all his troops, doubtful considering he had to reach into pension funds to fund taking a small part of Ukraine.

>
Russian Iskanders however could wipe out NATO airbases in Europe and their ability to preform quality air supremacy operations.

Ok.jpg
>>
>>51705254
SNP voter?
>>
>>51696452
>Pakistan
>superpower
haha vroom vroom hihi
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 199x193) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 199x193
>>51705286
>I completely proved

No, you didn't
>>
>>51705349
Hell yes I am.
>>
>>51705457
I'm not the person you've been arguing with but I'd just like to say, they've conned the entire nation of Scotland pretty successfully
>>
>>51700299
China is not a superpower.

Every day the news is full of all the various happenings and political maneuverings of America, the EU, Russia, and the middle east. No one gives a shit about what China thinks about anything because they are just a giant sweatshop.

America may be the only true superpower but even regional powers like Russia are more relevant than China.
>>
File: WesternCaribbean700[1].gif (54 KB, 700x726) Image search: [Google]
WesternCaribbean700[1].gif
54 KB, 700x726
>>51705254
>And why should we give a fuck about places like Brunei, Singapore and Belize again?

>Singapore
it allows the Royal Navy to supply and repair near arguably the world's most important sea trade route.

>Belize
We get a fantastic jungle warfare training facility and it's in a great location near the British West Indies territories, where the Royal Navy has enduring commitments to fight drug smuggling among other things.

>Brunei
Another training facility with a different kind of environment to that in Belize, and it allows us to keep an Army presence (along with a few Army Air Corps helicopters) in the South China Sea, an area of huge important to the world
>>
>>51705541
Sounds mostly frivolous. We could easily do without this.

>>51705510
Yeah, thanks for the understanding bro.
>>
>>51705293
The T-55AMV is better than the M48 or M60

The T-90 is a great tank, a minor performance issue isn't a really big deal in a large scheme of things.

>
[Citation needed], because it very well looks like they could with little to no problems, especially if Russia launched a war of aggression which btw would be impossible to do in a surprise attack because we would notice their massive troop buildup and mobilize accordingly.

No, because the Baltics don't have active troop formations capable of mounting resistance, if the Russians started mobilizing for 5 days they could get the complete drop on NATO and take the baltics in just a few days. Poland would be difficult but Poland's highways and defenseless Northern Flank renders them completely helpless, especially when the Belarusian army joins and subordinates itself to Russian command.

The Armenians with Russian help could pin down the Turks and Azeris while the Kazakhstanis and Russians punish and occupy the Azeris and then go onto to fight the Turks.

>Eastern Europeans alone have been preparing and are eager to destroy Russia. There is no way Western Europeans are going to let Russia steamroll their way to the gates of Germany without mobilizing either, try harder

Wrong, Hungary doesn't hate Russia, neither does Greece. Poland wouldn't have enough time and doesn't have enough active units since downsizing from the early 90's.

Western Europeans are not war like and filled with pacifists and communists. There would be mass general strikes and failures to report for duty, then muslims and other groups would become a 5th column destroying whatever cohesion the Europeans have left.

And Iskanders could easily do that, that's actually what they're designed to do. They also have the stationed in Konigsburg. All major NATO AFBs in Poland all the Baltics are in range.

>>51705536
China and Russia are superpowers, US is declining.
>>
>>51705541
>an area of huge important to the world
importance*
>>
File: 13234523412523423.jpg (24 KB, 321x348) Image search: [Google]
13234523412523423.jpg
24 KB, 321x348
>Russia Stronk brigade.
>UK weak brigade.

Matter of the fact is both France and the UK have more claim to the title of superpower than Russia.

In reality though the USA is in a league of its own.
>>
>>51705682
Lel wrong

USA military is full of weak cowards that cry and kill themselves when they get mortared by a few 15 year old kids who can't read. Russians live on bowls of cold rice and blini and go through mandatory conscription.

UK is a hellhole dictatorship full of muslims and commies.
>>
File: 123124215243.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
123124215243.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>51705741
>Leaf's trying desperately to be Australian.

Sad, very, very sad.
>>
>>51697837
I try not to forget about dre but he just hasn't done much for me lately. I can appreciate his work with NWA, but the whole Beats by Dre headphone empire? I don't give 2 farts about it.
Look, I'll submit that I could be doing more to think about him but you could make that argument about any late 80s-90s producer.
>>
>>51705741
So that's what it all comes down to, run out of arguments and jump straight to the memes
>>
>>51705780
How am I wrong?

US soldiers kill themselves so much it has outpaced combat deaths, their grandfathers managed to keep their shit together fighting the Germans who actually knew how to fight. The ones today are so weak and fragile they can't even keep it together fighting a few irregulars.
>>
>>51705682
>>51705818
I already addressed those arguments you made above in the thread, and what i said isn't memes it is truth.
>>
File: 1448627967017.jpg (43 KB, 598x218) Image search: [Google]
1448627967017.jpg
43 KB, 598x218
>>51705656
lel. i am so sorry for your heritage but they get slapped by regional power third world shithole of turkey. and barking asides they didn't/couldn't do anything.about it.
send our airspace another jet btw. we will test something :DDd
>>
>>51697172

Britian is the only country in the world with a better tank than the Abrams
>>
>>51705945
You attacked a plane that was on a combat support operation against forces you were supposed to be cobelligerents against. I could understand if they actually fought, but it was just a bastard sneak attack on someone unable to fight back. Now the turks are scared shitless of the Russian S-400s and SU-37s patrolling around.
>>
>>51705977
Lol Abrams is shit, ISIS was able to blow them up with 60's ATGMs

Armata is better
>>51705945
Also the Iraqis shot down american aircraft during actual dog fights, does that mean Iraq is more powerful than America?
>>
>>51705977
Howd your country manage to fuck that up
>>
>>51706098

The brits actually developed the armor that the Abrams use.
>>
File: pol_gets_btfo.png (1 MB, 1614x994) Image search: [Google]
pol_gets_btfo.png
1 MB, 1614x994
>>51706042
>turks are scared shitless

nice meme. S-400 is another baloney from now on since they put it right next to us. it's radar aint functoning in our airspace. you can start searching aselsan koral.
send us another jet i swear we nothing will happen :DDDd
>>
>>51706307
If you're pumping x amounts of billions or trillions into your military r&d how come you got outdone by the brits on something as fundamental as a mbt?
>>
>>51706390

Because they were trying to phase tanks out of army in the 80's and only stopped trying to when the first persian gulf conflict showed that they were still important
>>
>>51706486
>they were trying to phase tanks out of army in the 80's
what
>>
>>51706543

Yeah they thought tanks were going to be usless in future conflicts so the army actually tried to phase them out of service
>>
>>51706092

And Turkey shot down a modern Russian jet with a missile from the 50's
>>
>>51706486
How would that lead to them having better tanks? Wouldn't that do the opposite?
>>
>>51706385
You don't actually turn the radar on at all times.

Why don't they send you some cruise missiles instead.

Russia could easily wipe out Turkey's military capability and invade.

>>51706699
>51706699
A modern Russian jet armed for surface operations in a state of neutrality you mean

Also the Iraqis did the same thing, and the F-16s don't fire missiles from the 50's.
>>
>>51705191
>1. Argentina had a powerful military back then, they had some of the latest Western vessels, aircraft and weapons.
No we didnt

and in fact the only force of the army that actually combated was the airforce

The vast majority of the "soldiers" were dissidents, people who the junta didnt like and 17 year old niggers from the northern provinces
>>
>>51706776

They put resources into developing better APCs than tanks

>>51706823
The us doesn't give out our newest tech to countries like turkey. The only countries that'd get access to the newest stuff are other Anglo countries. And all planes come with anti missile defenses
>>
>>51707046
>better APCs than tanks

Do you not know how much of a cluster fuck the Bradley was?

And Anti Missile defenses stand no chance against the superior S-400 and it's super modern tracking abilities.
>>
>>51707358

I mean you can watch videos of missiles being shot down by phalanx guns on youtube
>>
>>51706934
>No we didnt
Yes you did

Type 42 destroyers (same ones the Royal Navy had)
Mirages with Exocets, an aircraft carrier (25 de Mayo)
a German Type 209 submarine.

Most of the surface fleet was American or British. Some were old, some of the vessels were quite new (like the Type 42s)

Yes the Argentine land forces were shit, but the navy and air force was good
>>
Also despite being conscripts, the land forces had commanding positions on the islands which were difficult to assault
>>
Why are canadians shilling for russia now
>>
>>51709190

He's a proxy or a Russian immigrant
>>
>>51709506
>>51709190
you're both autists

my family has been in canada for two generations, im half czech half austrian
>>
>>51709560

Okay Ivan
>>
>>51709626
okay amerilard

when are you going to sign up for mandatory tyrone keking?
>>
>>51709707

That'd be more likely to happen in Toronto or Europe desu
>>
>>51709747
Not at all, Asians are keked by whites in Toronto. I know because i've done it myself.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.