[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Drink driving It's drunk driving you stupid Brits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1443813411689.png (311 KB, 669x652) Image search: [Google]
1443813411689.png
311 KB, 669x652
>Drink driving

It's drunk driving you stupid Brits
>>
do they actually say 'drink driving'?
sounds retarded
>>
let's not get started on shitty interpretations of languages /cum/
>>
>>51688419
Yes
And it is retarded. You don't drive while drink, you drive while drunk, thus drunk driving.

Can you be drink? You drink so much alcohol you become drink? It's stupid
>>
>>51688388

Its probably a better word because you don't necessarily have to be drunk to be over the limit
>>
>>51688473
But the legal definition of drunk is being over the limit which is all that matters for the purposes of drunk driving, so by definition you are drunk
>>
Drink and Drive?

You bloody idiot.
>>
>>51688597
But that makes sense since Drink is being used as a verb there, not as an adjective.

Don't drink and drive, makes perfect sense.

But in "drink driving" drink should be drunk because it's an adjective describing the condition. You can't be a drink person. Drinking too much alcohol does not make you drink. It makes you drunk
>>
proper usage of the term actually have a difference

in terms of linguistic logic drink-driving and drink driving are different
>>
>>51688540

Well to me being Drunk is relative term and it can mean different things to different people

A legal limit is fixed term doesn't matter if you're Andre the giant and completely sober after 8 pints, if you have certain level of alcohol in your system you are Driving over the legal limit of Alcoholic drinks allowed.

Its the same way I don't really consider Recklessness to be the same as intent but legally they can be the same thing.

I agree with you that yes there is a legally defined 'drunk' but I just think drink driving is more reasonable term
>>
>>51688466
>You don't drive while drink
how do you know, maybe they do
>>
>>51688388
What if they literally are "drinking" while driving?
>>
>>51688880
That's just drinking while driving, which is a different crime from driving while drunk. You you can be drinking while driving and not be drunk.
>>
>>51688880

You'd get pulled over and tested but I don't think its as big a crime, I think you'd get a ticket and maybe points of your licence if your not over the limit.
>>
File: disgusting comic.jpg (63 KB, 508x298) Image search: [Google]
disgusting comic.jpg
63 KB, 508x298
>math""""""""""s""""""""""
>>
>>51689175
This
>abbreviate subject to its first few letters
>tack on an 's' because why?
>>
>>51688688
I was quoting a slogan btw
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.