[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hebrew vs Arabic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
So guys, should I learn Arabic or Hebrew?
I want to read arabic poetry, but I really like semitic history (not a jew myself). I only have a certain amount of time before I go to the middle east, what should I do?
>>
Just visit Cairo and you'll never want to have anything to do with sandnigs ever again for the rest of your life m7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0S6UyK4UFI
>>
>>51682617
arabic is letter based language. there is no vowels, they fuse the letters, and there is a word.and you need to learn lots of words otherwise you'll never figure out the words you read.It takes shit ton of practice to learn.
>>
>>51682746
I know this man, I know a lot about both languages, I just wanted to know which would be better in the long/short term for me to learn.
>>
>>51682712
Is everywhere like that? In Cairo I mean.
>>
>>51682772
there really is no rational reason to learn either language 2bh
the only reason is if you just actually enjoy learning those languages
>>
>>51682796
I already speak 4 languages, I wanted to add to my repertoire. Learning languages is the only thing enjoy right now.
>>
>>51682772
Oh, generally arabic will come much more handy.Both for business and literature purposes. Good luck about learning it
>>
>>51682793
rural is even worse
people try to scam you 24/7 if you're white
when I go to M'rocco I usually go with arabic-speaking relatives and I try to get a good tan so the sleazy brown conmen won't try to harass me all day long
>>
hebrew looks and sounds better imo
>>
>>51682617
If it was me I would learn Arabic. Arabic is said to be one of the hardest language and pretty advanced. So I think you would be spending your time better

But I heard that there isnt a standart Arabic so if you are counting on the fact that you can visit whole Arabic world or something it might not be like that
>>
>>51682829
Thank you, which in your opinion would be the best middle eastern country to go to right now, or the best dialect?
>>
>>51682836
My sister went to Tunisia and was invited by this shit-covered old man to his bedroom, happened many more times after that..
>>
>>51682878
I don't know which place is best to learn. But I want to clarify what this guy >>51682869 said.

Only places like Yemen,Oman and Marocco(not sure about that one) has really different dialect.Otherwise it's pretty standart afaik and you should be good.
>>
>>51682938
okay, thank you
>>
>>51682617
I've been learning arabic for a couple of years and it is alot of work, but it's a cool language. It's especially interesting if you take a bit of time to try to find out about the culture at the same time.

Language is always linked to culture so it is interesting. Cant comment on hebrew but i imagine its similar
>>
>>51682617
arabic and also memorize some sunni prayers, so your chances of getting beheaded would be reduced by 30%
>>
>>51682617
They're both Semitic and sister languages to one another. The choice is yours, my suggestion would be Arabic because of the current global/political climate. No harm in dabbling in both due to the similarities, since if they were vastly different it would impede progress instead.
>>
>>51683043
More or less this,you will make a lot more use of arabic while hebrew will only really be useful if you're planning to become a jew or go to israel,ignore the ass blasted moroccan jew.
>>
>>51682827
Sure you do paddy
>>
That really depends on what you are trying to achive.
If you are interested in medieval history and want to read ebin sina and current events interest you to the point of understanding what ben laden actually is about (and also maybe using this to work for intelligence services or business consulting firms) than arabic.
If you are interested in the ancient world, want to read the bible and countless other documents in origin than it's hebrew. This will also serve as a bridge to learn other ancient languages like phoenician, arameic etc.
>>
don't learn hebrew it's fucking useless as shit
>>
well there are like a bilion arabs and 10 milions hebrew speakers so what do you think?
>>
>>51682878
Egyptian is probably the best given how relativly big their media and cultural influence is + they are the most populous arab state
>>
>>51683508
This times 10x OP Hebrew is fantastic if you want to study Christian theology and to a lesser extent medieval philosophy but given the current climate politically and the fact that Jews tend to have a huge amount of english speakers already there isnt much of a demand for people who can speak merchant.

Though if you could speak it, it would be easier to merchant girls
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.