[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about these countries /int/. (In a cultural basis, not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: map_central_asia.jpg (290 KB, 1324x1044) Image search: [Google]
map_central_asia.jpg
290 KB, 1324x1044
Tell me about these countries /int/.
(In a cultural basis, not politically)

Do they still praise Tengri and ride horses in a daily bases?
>>
>>51674049
All of them except tajikistan are turkic.
All of them are heavily sunni muslim aside from kazakhstan which has a russian minority.
Tajikistan is iranic/iranian and some areas of uzbekisan are tajik historically/culturally (samarkand and bukhara).

Turkmenistan is like north korea but not as bad in terms of daily life. Kyrgyzstan is the poorest of the bunch and is where you'll find people riding horses and shit.
>>
>>51674049
To add to the leaf Kazakhstan is a decent country, or at least its on its way to become one if nothing else. It's got a rising economy facilitated by oil and its pretty secular. They're also kinda like Turks in that they're some of them are white, some of them are sorta white, and some of them really aren't white.
>>
>>51674251
Their wealth is mostly related with terms of natural resources, therefore Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan seems to have better balance. As I gathered, Tajikistan seems to be the shittiest one, for not being Turkic and poorest among them.

But culturally, could anyone from those places lighten me up more about them?

>>51674346
Kazakhstan is economically and the rest is culturally much better than Turkey desu.
>>
>>51675022
kyrgyzstan is the shittiest one, tajikistan is the 2nd shittiest one iirc.
>>
>>51675022
>implying Turkey isn't 100% Turkic, Central Asian, Tengriist and everyone there isn't a direct descendant of Genghis Khan himself

But seriously they're so different that they're borderline incomparable. Turkey is very Mediterranean and middle-eastern with some European elements and some Central Asian elements. It's just too different from, say, Uzbekistan to make a fair comparison. Out of curiosity, what do you like better about Central Asia?
>>
File: turist.jpg (200 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
turist.jpg
200 KB, 500x500
>>51675279
>what do you like better about Central Asia?
They are not mostly Arabs and Armenians that happen to speak a Turkic language.
>>
>>51675279
To be fair it's mostly Greeks, Georgians, and Armenians and also some Balkanshits, but point taken
>>
>>51675355
>>51675411
>>
>>51675172
Could you share me some information you know about? Other than that viceshit bridekidnapping video ofc.
>>
>>51674049
Full of qts riding horses and russian/mongolian men who will try to sell you stolen car radios for you to install onto your own horse
>>
>>51675355
anadoluda arabın işi ne beyinsiz orospu çocuğu
>>
>>51675022
>for not being turkic
That makes them far better then the rest of the bunch
>>
>>51674049
We also still ride horses in a daily bases.
All of us always carries two sword on us with a topknot hairstyle and we often commit seppuku today.
>>
>>51677474
t. turkic rape baby
>>
File: 1231234235235.jpg (153 KB, 1400x615) Image search: [Google]
1231234235235.jpg
153 KB, 1400x615
I want to live in Baku.
>>
>>51674049

Man. That map made me realize that there are literally _hundreds_ of cities in russian siberia that I have never heard about. Must feel really isolated. I always pictured siberia as containing Omsk, Tomsk, Novosibirsk and Krasnoyarsk, but there's probably a whole lot more if that map is representative for the region. I wonder what it's like to live in one of those cities...
>>
>>51678914
I've been, it's a dump save for a handful of streets.
>>
File: turkmenistan.jpg (95 KB, 625x400) Image search: [Google]
turkmenistan.jpg
95 KB, 625x400
Turkmenistan is the theocratic shithole, NK dear leader-tier, also birthplace of Russian wall carpets,
Kyrgiztan is the poorest, but probably most democratic (that's not saying much),
Tajikistan has the best views and nature, best for mountaineering,
Kazakhstan is the closest culturally to the West (though still not very close) and most developed overall, little difference from southern Russia along its border,
Azerbaijan is mini-turkey, pretty nice in its own right, though mostly your typical nice little Caucasus country where you'd feel welcome for cheap unless you admit to being gay or something.

overall cheap places to visit
>>
>>51679026
it's alright, actually
half a day road-trip to the nearest big city is only isolated if you're used to living in 21st century western europe, which most of us are not

there are nice perks, for example if you like local wild nature
>>
>>51679228

I guess you're right. 500km to Oslo is not hard in 6-7hours, but then again there are cities in Norway much closer if I want to go somewhere else. I couldn't really imagine going such distances whenever I needed to go anywhere else.

I'm on a wikipedia splurge right now reading about random Siberian cities, kinda surprised by how big many of them are. Abakan for example is a place I've never heard of and seems to be in the middle of absolute nowhere but still almost 170thousand people live there, almost as much as the city I live in, third biggest in the country. Scary.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (35 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
35 KB, 480x270
>chatroullette
>someone from tajikistan
>tell me it's corrupt af
>right before i click next they say "FUCK TAJIKISTAN"

ayy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.