[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Afghans not considered white? I looked at some photo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Afghan.jpg (1 MB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
Afghan.jpg
1 MB, 798x1200
Why are Afghans not considered white? I looked at some photos of them and they look pretty "European" to me. Just throw some normal clothes on them and they could look white, European or whatever is the correct term.

https://stevemccurry.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/kaleidoscope/
>>
File: afghani.jpg (262 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
afghani.jpg
262 KB, 683x1024
Some Pashtuns are genuinely white, but I guess since Afghans are so tribal and backward, it makes them non-white.
>>
File: kalash.jpg (86 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
kalash.jpg
86 KB, 500x592
>>51661537
don't forget the kalash of pakistan
>>
>>51661757
yeah, but the Kalash don't count since they are less than 5,000 and restricted to Pakistans. Afghanistan though has more than 70% of Pashtuns and a lot of them look whiter than anyone else in that region.
>>
File: shot-20151129-2004-rns5w0.jpg (306 KB, 1026x769) Image search: [Google]
shot-20151129-2004-rns5w0.jpg
306 KB, 1026x769
Afghanistan has many ethnic groups, around 15, each very different from the other. Some groups have more European-looking people than others, for example the Nuristanis and the Pamiris, but they're quite small groups. It's hard to generalise Afghan people as a whole.
>>
>>51661462
The majority of Pashtun people look just a bit lighter than Punjabis.
>>
Afghan isn't one ethnicity

Look at this national anthem's lyrics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_National_Anthem
>>
>>51664533
a lot of them have light hair and eyes too though. punjabis still generally have black hair and brown eyes
>>
>>51664494
>>51664807
What tribe was the majority of talibans?
>>
>>51664951
Pashtuns only
>>
>>51665451
Couldn't the rest of the 13-14 tribes organise themselves and cooperate so as to stop talibs?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.