[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Americans use manual gearbox at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: aa0811839af5f0b9.jpg (893 KB, 1030x515) Image search: [Google]
aa0811839af5f0b9.jpg
893 KB, 1030x515
Don't Americans use manual gearbox at all?
>>
It's just a meme m8. Manuals are easy to learn, but for a lot of people, there's just no point. Many new cars even come with some setting that changes the transmission to manual
>>
File: City Coat of Arms cropped.jpg (52 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
City Coat of Arms cropped.jpg
52 KB, 442x600
>>51652721
the manual gearbox is still used on 99% of construction equipment and tractor trailers, at least that's how it is in Canada
>>
>>51652721

All I have driven for the past 5 years, but I did start with an automatic.
>>
Lots of people do. Pretty much all of my uncles drive manual. My dad knows how to, but his current car is automatic. I want to learn manual soon.
>>
>>51652721
Yes we do. I myself drive a 2000 eclipse standard transmission.

But please, continue getting your facts on other countries, off of /int/.
>>
It's somewhat popular among kids but many eventually give it up in high populated regions because our roads are flat, boring and full of traffic lights
>>
I personally drive a manual but most people in California don't. Probably the traffic.
>>
Some do but only if they are enthusiasts. Manual fags are obnoxious and fail to assert why automatic is bad. I can think of very blatant reason why I would prefer automatic over manual. Because it's a hassle.
>>
>>51652721
I always have unless I borrow someone else's car.
>>
File: le shepheard faec.jpg (36 KB, 600x722) Image search: [Google]
le shepheard faec.jpg
36 KB, 600x722
>>51661611
>manual gearbox enthusiasts
>>
>>51661849

Car enthusiasts.
>>
In Europe only fags and women drive automatic. Doesnt have anything to do with being "enthusiast"
>>
>>51662508

Oh yeah, well in America literally only children an women play "football".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaGWGAMjus
>>
>>51662622
So thats the reason why americans are utter faggots. Drive automatic and dont like football
>>
Yes.
Manual is best. Automatic is shit and for soccer moms
>>
>>51662832

Mate, we've all seen the sad displays by your peoples in those leagues.
>>
>watch american movies
>everybody drives a manual

I don't know what to believe
>>
>>51652721
Considering manual //M cars are solely built for american market and the last production sports car to feature a manual exclusively is american I would say they do, its just that the average poorfag car in america is automatic as opposed to the manual option in europe

>>51662508
Rich people drive auto in europe, I doubt that neighbour of yours with a high end x6 or audi a8 has a manual in them
>>
>>51663139

Movies are the last thing you should consider an experience based in reality.
>>
>>51663169
>Romanian
>talking about rich people
>>
>>51652721
>don't americans use outdated technology with no practical purpose

nope we're in the 21st century here
>>
>>51662622
>american """"""comedy""""""
my condolences
>>
>>51663472
Uh, did the flag offend you?

We have loads of high end cars here, especially around the capital/seaside cities, but that's besides the fucking point, A8, 7er etc don't even come with a manual, so yeah, rich people drive auto
>>
>>51663661
Well, in Europe only fags and women drive auto. So only fags and women are rich in Europe.
>>
>>51663608

Norwegian comedy?

King of the Hill is a great show. Honestly, probably one of the smartest and most subtle shows I can think of. If one day you aren't fuming over the fact that soccer is for fags and manuals are pointless maybe you'll watch it and enjoy the parody of American culture.
>>
>>51660971
Californian here. The traffic is terrible but I drive stick.
>>
File: 1445711989518.png (88 KB, 213x213) Image search: [Google]
1445711989518.png
88 KB, 213x213
>>51663816
So if you got invited to a mercedes driving experience and was offered a ride in the amg gt you'd refuse because manuals are for fags and women?

Stick to your dikke 518d then
>>
Males who are into cars will always get a stick shift, I've noticed. Doesn't hurt that MT cars also cost less than automatics.
>>
File: 1984385878.jpg (39 KB, 431x278) Image search: [Google]
1984385878.jpg
39 KB, 431x278
>>51663988
> invited to a mercedes driving experience
> was offered a ride in the amg gt
>>
>>51664143
import a viper than ya lousy kuck
>>
>>51662508

I know part of the reason some of my friends have an automatic is because it can actually cost more to get a manual deppending on type of car you are looking at (talking new car or a year or two old)

I prefer a manual to be honest. I like having complete control over the engine, but it does it annoying as fuck in traffic. It's also a lot more enjoyable to drive.
>>
>>51663833
Why the question mark?

I've watched the pilot, didn't like it.
>>
>>51664368
Because there is no renowned Norwegian comedy.

It went on for 13 seasons. Everyone who invests time are always pleased they did. But whatever it's just a cartoon.
>>
>>51664504
Comedy doesn't translate very well, so that's pretty much a given.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.