[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Taliban just had a modern day portrayal of what happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x300
The Taliban just had a modern day portrayal of what happened during the Sunni/Shia divide

>Mullah Omar (Muhammad), the founder and leader of the Taliban dies without proper appointment of a successor .
>New leadership tribunal chooses Mullah Akthar Mansour (Abu Bakr)
>Mullah Omar's family and some other Taliban refuse Akhtars leadership and see Mullah Omar's son, Mullah Abdul (Ali) as the rightful successor
>Despite this, Mullah Abdul pledges allegiance to Mullah Mansour

>Mullah Mansour died a couple hours ago in Pakistan

So are we witnessing the end of the Taliban?
>>
>So are we witnessing the end of the Taliban?

hopefully not, they are the only thing stopping isis from spreading past Afghanistan into Pakistan and India
>>
Wouldn't this just mean Mullah Abdul gets to be in charge since he was the next in line?
>>
>>51639139
Taliban are just as bad as ISIS in terms of brutality and terrorism. They're trying EXTREMELY hard to pander to the west to seem more "tolerant" and "open to negations" because of the ISIS threat though. They're full of shit.

>>51639156
They're all fighting each other though. Mansour died from fighting other Taliban if I'm not mistaken.
>>
I don't want to be a jerk, but some proofs would be nice.
>>
>>51639139
Also if the Taliban threat is erased, the Army can EASILY crush ISIS, especially with air support.

The ISIS in Afghanistan are small fry. They have less than like...50 fighters realistically.
>>
>>51639213
>Taliban are just as bad as ISIS in terms of brutality and terrorism

True, but they are nationalists if my memory serves me correctly. They don't really have global jihad ambitions
>>
>>51638999
>So are we witnessing the end of the Taliban?
yeah

isis is replacing them
>>
>>51639254
http://ift.tt/1QYfH6S

Keep in mind the Taliban took 2 YEARS to admit Mullah Omar was dead.

>>51639265
Yes but why not allow the Army to crush ISIS? Without the Taliban, the Army will crush the tiny presence that ISIS has.

They are already whopping the Talibans ass anyways.
>>
Just let the middle east burn
>>
File: 1391080535712.jpg (26 KB, 197x222) Image search: [Google]
1391080535712.jpg
26 KB, 197x222
>>51639461
We need that oil Hans.
>>
>>51639427
They have barely any fighters in Afghanistan. A lot of Taliban despise them because they bring in too many Arabs to Afghanistan and see them as illegitimate.

>>51639461
Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.