[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /int/ RIGHT NOW who speak only one language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: 1447094926357.jpg (174 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1447094926357.jpg
174 KB, 600x709
>there are people on /int/ RIGHT NOW who speak only one language
>>
Probably people from the English speaking countries
>>
>>51632206
like you
>>
>>51632232
Qué?
>>
>>51632232
Get fucked, I speak numerous languages other than Australian you know?
I speak,
New Zealander
American
Canadian
Scottish
English
>>
>>51632206
>chicano
Lo siento, pero "spanglish" no es un idioma. Quizás tu abuela puede enseñarte de hablar español

>>51634405
Go neck yourself Anglo.
>>
All the Japanese for instance.
>>
>>51634448
enseñarte a*
>>
>>51634448
tambien eres chicano pinche australiano
>>
>>51634515
しね
>>
>>51634597
Los chicanos son de USA
>>
>portuguese
>english
>c
>python

I'm good.
>>
>>51634619
debes de estar de mi lado primito no ayudas al australiano
>>
>>51634565
Gracias por la corrección.

>>51634597
>también eres chicano
>no está negando que él es chicano
JAJAJAJAAJAJ
Cuando vas a suicidarte? A los mexicanos reales no les gustas, y a los estadounidenses no les gustas.
>>
>>51634708
nunca de que los mexicanos nos odian son solamente memes
>>
>>51634748
Jajaja, si lo dices suficientes veces a tu espejo, será verdadero.

If among chicanos understand

Pero seriamente, necesitas volver a México o matarte. Nuestro rey, Donald Trump, matará todos los mexishits.
No es justo que arruinas EEUU
>>
>>51634650
Paco?
>no ayudes*
>>
>>51634860
>No es justo que arruines EEUU*
Es presente del subjuntivo en este caso se utiliza para expresar un juicio de valor u obligación personal
>>
>>51634860
argentino/español megadectado
>>
>>51634860
vuelve a tu pais pues
estas arruinando australia
>>
>>51635076
Los españoles si saben español no dicen sos ni vos
>>
>>51635076
No soy argentino ni español.
>>51635140
Cómo arruino Australia? Mi gente no es un grupo tan grande por destrucción de la cultura australiana. Pero los mexicanos pueden arruinar la cultura allí.
>>
>>51635278
no me digas que eres cubano
>>
Only one language matters though. You can try and tell yourself different but it's true. English is the only language that matters.
>>
>>51632206
>not speaking languages belonging to different language families
>>
Kia ora bro's
>>
>>51635324
Crees que cubanos viven aquí? Nunca he conocido uno.
No soy de algún país hispano
Sabes que gente de otros países pueden aprender otros idiomas, sí?
>>
>>51635405
Do you actually speak it fluently?are there many left that can?
I've heard that only some small communities (basically just fishing villages and townships) on the east coast speak it.
>>
>>51634515
>"We are very intellectual people who perfectly speak English as well unlike Engrish-speaking retarded Japanese lololol"

It's quite ridiculous.
Needless to say your mother tongue is classified as Germanic languages, which English belongs to, too.
Taking all languages in the world into account German is relatively fucking similar to English from the viewpoints of both words-spelling and grammar.
Actually I learnt your splendid language a little in my uni, and the similarity made me think like "Oh, how much does this language resemble English? Is it even worth learning for those who have learnt English to some extent?"
I don't mean to insult your language itself at all, but it's fucking absolutely usual for the German to speak English well, while on the other hand those who have mother tongues which are completely different from English often have difficulties in mastering it.
As for German people, it just makes you look like morons to brag about being fluent English speakers.
Don't you even know better than to do it? :*)
>>
>>51635546
To be fair, the fact that you think English is close to German is because you come from a language so very distinct that nearly anything using Latin letters would seem similar.
To me, learning Spanish is simple, and from what I hear, it's much simpler than learning German, despite German and English being of the same language family.
>>
>>51635413
los anglos no aprenden otros idiomas. que tipo de piel de mierda eres ?
>>
>>51634405
You speak scots? Really?
>>
>>51635970
>él no me conoce

Soy europeo sur
Pero nací aquí. Así que soy un wog.>>51635970
>>
>>51636048
Ignore the second link. I hate using 4chan on my phone.
>>
J'ai envie d'améliorer mon français. Je pense que /int/ est un bon place pour pratiquer les langues qu'on est en train d'apprendre. Aidez-moi s'il vous plait :)
>>
>>51635650
>English
>not close to German
English is what happens when you mix the vomit sounding French with the most based German
>>
>>51636147
>i actually understood that because of Spanish and English

Languages are amazing.
>>
>>51636205
>insinuando que hay una nivel de inteligibilidad más alta entre alemán e inglés que español e inglés.

English is a cluster fuck language, yes. However it's not close to German. It only holds onto some old Germanic roots. But for the bulk of the lexicon, it's Latin based. We don't even have the German declension system, so even our grammar is largely influenced by French.
>>
>>51636279
M8, if you study german you see the huge amount of stuff they have in common. Most verbs are basically the same shit with a different spell.
>>
>>51636213
Wait wat??? Explain plz
>>
File: ScotsLanguageMap.png (13 KB, 596x417) Image search: [Google]
ScotsLanguageMap.png
13 KB, 596x417
muh scots
>>
>>51632206
>speaking any other language besides the only one that matters
>>
>>51636308
I suppose the big factor that impedes the inteligebility is the phonetics. A native English speaker will listen to a Spanish speaker and be able to pick out words because they "sound English" (destrucción, inteligibilidad, etc.). But German words of the same root as an English word will still "seem" different to English ears. German and English have been apart for over 1500 years, there is far less in common than romance influences which is much younger.
>>51636316
A fair few of those words are cognates with English and Spanish words. So I can kinda guess the meaning.
>>
>>51636432
Nice
>>
>>51636432
I couldn't understand German at all if I hadn't learnt English before
>>
>>51636556
... And?
I couldn't understand Macedonian at all if hadn't learned Croatian before.
I'm not saying German and English are totally distinct, there is still similarities. But it holds higher levels of inteligebility to Spanish and French than to German.
>>
>>51636147
What does "Aidez-moi s'il vous plait" means?
I know that s'il vous plait means please, but I don't know how much the meaning can change with 2 words
>>
>>51636768
Aidez-m oi = Me ayuda...?
I believe it may be related to the verb "to aid", or "ayudar"
>>
>>51636691
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English
Are you saying that English is more Roman than German?
I don't think so(funny how the sentence 'I don't think so is fully Germanic)
>>51636812"
Thanks
>>
>>51636986
>most common words in English

English split from German at around the 4th or 5th century
At this time, the language was still basic and could not explain the intricate nature of many things, such as science and fictional writing. This is because at the time, neither of those really existed at a level even slightly resembling modern day.
Fast forward about 700 years, you've now had the influence of the Franks and the Romans. They've brought things such as government, warfare, science, philosophy, poetry and judicial systems. As a result, all words relating to these topics derive from the corresponding language (many of our medical terms are Latin, many of our law terms come from French). So, the most common used words, the words we use from day to day life is Germanic, because at that time, day to day life was pretty much all there was to it. However this doesn't mean that it's overwhelmingly more Germanic than Romantic lexically
t. Linguistics student :3
>>
Is English even considered second language nowadays?it's a must now, everyone speaks it
>>
>>51637264
Pretty based explanation
It's 5 am here and I'm still not sleeping
Goodnight/afternoon Ausbro
>>
>>51637450
Burnas noches :3 descanses
>>
>>51636768
Aidez-moi s'il vous plait = please help me.
>>
File: number-of-languages.jpg (175 KB, 650x607) Image search: [Google]
number-of-languages.jpg
175 KB, 650x607
>2015
>not speaking at least 3 languages
>>
>>51641417
>monotugal
>>
sto imparando italiano
>>
>>51641538
Ciao bello
>>
חהחה בינס :DDDD
>>
>>51635546
>t. American weeb living in Japan
>>
>>51641620
Ciao bebè
>>
>>51632206
Probably the anglosphere guises tobequitehonestfam
>>
>>51641672
Come stai?
>>
>>51632206
>il parle seulement deux langues
topkek
>>
>>51635345

It's been a long time since I've agreed with a Brit, but yes.
>>
>>51641727
affamato 2bh
>>
>>51641781
Vai a prendere qualcosa no? Patatine e pesce non ti piace?
>>
>>51641883
Sono in dieta, tristamente
>>
>>51641955
Perché fra?
>>
>>51641778
>>51635345
>ITT pretentious anglos jerk each other off
>>
>>51646128

Calm down Nukka
>>
>not being fluent in Esperanto
Do you know what year it is?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.