[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3 yMzEee18 >American U
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: usaflag.jpg (13 KB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
usaflag.jpg
13 KB, 260x190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3yMzEee18

>American University students
>>
>>51606951
7:10 forward I got cancer. What the fuck is this? At least in Finland universities are public property.
>>
File: 1370783842692.jpg (446 KB, 815x777) Image search: [Google]
1370783842692.jpg
446 KB, 815x777
>white and semi-white middle-upper classes fighting against each other

Gee I wonder who could be behind this.
>>
>>51607156
>semi-white
>>
>>51606951
what is this shit about?
>>
>>51607323
Increased awareness about racial issues on campus.
Retards who cannot grasp that there is no privacy from media in public spaces, especially on campus commons.
By not allowing them to hide their behavior or dominate the floor, he invaded their "safe space", so they spazzed the fuck out.
Video itself is after a national reporter was forced out and prevented from recording by the loonies.
>>
So much autism in one video
>>
>>51606951
What am I even watching? Greentext it for me?
>>
lel these keks are worse than bots
>you need to get out
>get out
>GET OUT
>REEEEE
>>
>>51609798
watch 7:10 forward
>>
>>51606951
jesus christ, everything about the video was so fucking cringeworthy
>>
>>51606951
Life has gotten too comfortable here is all. The most minor of discomforts cause people to go up in arms because they don't know what actual hardship or oppression is.
>>
>>51610487
Same shit happened to the Romans, we're destined to collapse
>>
This shit is surreal.
>>
University students are (politically speaking) fucking tards, Kent State 2.0 when?
>>
man... what happened to america? :(
no longer the land of the free
>>
>>51606951
What kind of shitty uni is this?
>>
>>51611482

easy there Khalifa

this is nothing more than entitled assblasted kids in the middle of nowhere missouri

still free as fuck 2bphwy
>>
>>51607156
actual lib cannibalism lmao
>>
>>51611998
i just hope it doesn't go on to spread across the country.
>>
>>51611673
Irrelevant public, never knew anyone that's gone there
>>
That guy with the camera has serious patience.
>>
>>51606951
>tfw met my 2nd cousin from usa
>he wen't to an ivy league university
>he retweets shit like a gender equal parliament because it is 2015
What the fuck are you doing to people in your universities?
>>
>>51606951
I know you better back up, I know that I know that. You better step back bro, you gotta go bro. Top chinaman not being intimidated by the sjws.
>>
Man, america sure has a of niggers.
>>
>>51606951
Isn't what they are doing here some kind of harassment? In the UK it's a crime to stop a person from going about their lawful business, plus the fact they are advancing on him and pushing him which is assault. If he was trespassing or something they should have called the cops.
>>
>>51607323
Brave people of colour fighting for justice.

Finally they rise up. Like here:
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1OSo1bYvTjeawn0VyylV1zXQptDOlYIU7z2FoCkTO6Q0/pub
>>
>>51606951
Both those women were fired and press is now allowed into their little camp thing.
That is if it's even still there.
>>
what the fuck are they protesting about?
>>
>>51612914
Some bullshit nobody outside of their little bubble cares or even really knows about.
>>
Jesus america, your university students are even worse than ours
>>
>>51612914

Nothing, they just want to chimp out and get some free publicity
>>
>>51606951
Why not just call the cops?
>>
>>51613145
Because dindus would chimp out again on a bigger scale
>>
>>51606951

Why are they so butthurt about getting filmed in public? What are they even doing there?
>>
>>51606951
>4:45
"We don't care about your job" - Black man.
>>
>>51613233
Of course they will. Why do you think we have police in the first place?
>>
>>51610577
>Same shit happened to the Romans
pls explain
>>
>>51606951
These people should be expelled never to get into any university again.
>>
>>51613513
But I mean Baltimore or Ferguson level, where they used it as an excuse to loot, burn and shoot shit. Regardless of having police, the damages are quite considerable
>>
File: 985445157886.jpg (23 KB, 674x366) Image search: [Google]
985445157886.jpg
23 KB, 674x366
>>51606951
Americans are fucking weirdos.

FACT.
>>
Just checked their list of demands. It's nothing short of insane.
>I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.
>>
how embarrassing lol
>>
>III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus-wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals — particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility.
Their demands are literally "gibs me dat".
>>
>SJW's are resorting to inside jobs to try to stir up tensions

Can't make this shit up

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2015/12/arrest_made_in_kean_twitter_threat.html
>>
>shoot niggers 24/7
>don't have the balls to dismantle a disruptive protest
epic
>>
>>51606951

I'm from Missouri and hate my state so much for this
>>
>>51614270
w.t.f
>>
>>51614391
They do not have enough real problems to varrant this kind of behaviour so they creater their own racism and "micro agressions". It's nothing new really.
>>
File: Yuropoor.jpg (102 KB, 741x711) Image search: [Google]
Yuropoor.jpg
102 KB, 741x711
>>51606951
>>
>>51612717
Thanks Muhammed. Good to see you're learning english finally
>>
>"University" of Missouri
>Euros unironically think this place is even a prestigious school
>euros don't even realize this is just 1 tier above community college
>its literally where C-B students go to get their english degree
>actually caring about anything that happens there
>>
>>51614946
this

UoM is really easy to get into. The only people stupider than the average student their are the kids that are their because of athletics, the people who organized the protests. So basically this movement is made by some of the stupidest people there are
>>
>>51615240
>"their"

University of Missouri student detected
>>
>>51612828
Link about that they were fired?
>>
File: what_the_fuck.jpg (143 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck.jpg
143 KB, 550x413
>>51614093
what
>>
>>51615277
delet this
>>
>>51614946
>Implying this doesn't happen in all american universities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd4kX66uG1M
Yale
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/10/26/national-coalition-in-favor-of-campus-censorship/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomlindsay/2015/09/15/free-to-learn-think-again-campus-censorship-on-the-rise/
>>
>>51612828
>>51615431
They were not, the redhead just stepped down from some honorary position in her university and was left with just her regular post.
>>
>>51615662
>implying minority students, mostly under grads to make it even worse, who got in solely because of affirmative action are actually respected
>implying high tier universities actually give a shit about their opinion outside of non-issues like Halloween costumes which get the school media coverage and makes them look "progressive"

it isn't like these people are making legitimate impacts on academia, they are just getting shitty safe spaces tucked away in some obscure corner of campus and 1-2 pep assemblies about being le tolerant a year. they don't get anywhere in the world ultimately, if they are lucky they get a position on some school board where they promote common core *shudders*
>>
>>51615662
>finns even talking about this like they aren't way worse

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-28/facebook-rant-enrages-finnish-lawmakers-sparks-protest-rally
>>
File: 1353283890842.png (243 KB, 464x248) Image search: [Google]
1353283890842.png
243 KB, 464x248
>>51614093
>>51614144
So basically
>make a fool of yourself
>fuck democracy
>muh black rights (fuck other minorities)
>white guilt and privilege mandatory classes
>affirmative action for blacks (fuck other minorities)
>if the blacks drop out its also your fault so do something about it idk just do something
>whitey doctors will never understand my black problems so hire blacks there too
>gib money 4 social justice centers
Good plans im sure it'll work, its fool proof
>>
http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2015/12/death_threats_reported_against_woman_in_kean_u_twe.html
>>
File: rage.jpg (43 KB, 299x722) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
43 KB, 299x722
>>51616102
http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnish_mp_calls_for_fight_against_nightmare_of_multiculturalism_no_comment_from_party_leadership/8182155
>implying you wouldn't literally get thrown in jail for shit like this in the US
Anyways there is no strong self censorship movement in finnish universites, naturally a lot of humanities students are the same kind of scum like those in the states but they are a small minority.
>mfw they literally use the term cis white male patriarchy in debates
Stop infecting us with your nonsense you fucking americlaps.
>clapping is deemed offensive in american universities
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3323166/Some-college-students-Yale-Brown-prefer-finger-snapping-applause.html
>>
>>51616469
I actually really wanted to go to Yale at one point. How disappointing.
>>
File: 1436049523736.jpg (172 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1436049523736.jpg
172 KB, 960x960
this how you deal with pinko college morons
>>
Universities are obsolete anyway, the information necessary to learn a job could be made available on the net and the state can simply hold yearly test where you cover levels of the subject.
It's a whole lot of money burning because "muh traditions" and a whole lot of old fucks being dependent on the current state of things.
>>
>>51616317
>a degree in Global Fitness and Wellness

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>51616702
It's more about getting a piece of paper that validates your talents, also networking is very important and one of the main reasons why you should go to universites. Also student parties and whatnot.
>>
>>51616469
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3323166/Some-college-students-Yale-Brown-prefer-finger-snapping-applause.html
AYYY, Brits bring the heat
>>
>>51612914
A man in a pickup truck called someone a nigger. He did not go to the school and this occurred off campus

A little while later a drunk student called someone a nigger on campus.

These events are what sparked this.
>>
>>51616982
Wasn't it over the staff not taking racism claims seriously? Or was that just the president resigning?
>>
>>51616982
wasnt there also the poop swastica
or was that a different school
>>
>>51617049
This is the justification for the protests, though I find this reasoning nebulous at best
>>
Critical race theory at work everyone! Because fuck having a dialogue addressing different viewpoints and trying to work towards a practical solution, let's police ideas, assassinate your character, and control all discourse.

Other things that help race relations: reducing everything to "us" vs "them", using "privilege" as a method of shutting down anyone who disagrees with you, weaving a narrative of victimization, drawing lines in the sand, separating everyone into their neat little groups, relying entirely on narrative and story telling to dictate your decisions rather than statistics and outcome based remedies, and going on witch hunts for racism.
>>
>>51616702
>yearly test where you cover levels of the subject.

So... like a university then? except on a much more complicated and unnecessary scale.

A university is not just there to teach but to validate someone has learnt a topic to an acceptable level.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.