[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. your country 2. do you think USA gun culture is stupid? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: jfa_familyGunPackage_Giveaway.jpg (328 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
jfa_familyGunPackage_Giveaway.jpg
328 KB, 660x440
1. your country

2. do you think USA gun culture is stupid? I learned to shoot/hunt when i was 8
>>
It's not the gun culture, I see you guys as stupid in general.
>>
>>51590799
Are they are going for shooting out school or something.
>>
>>51591087
It's vice versa really.

We can't understand sometimes how other countries have such backwards laws regarding basic rights
>>
>>51591132
No, this isn't Russia, we don't hunt and eat people here.
>>
>>51591132

in many areas deer are overpopulated and fathers take their children to hunt. School is even closed at the start of deer hunting season so the kids can go hunting.
>>
Flag
Not really.
>>
No
a strong and moral society based upon family unit has every right to defend itself
>>
USA gun culture is completely unrelateable to me since I've never even touched a gun and don't know a single person who owns one
>>
>>51591212
Yeah you shoot'em. Australian banter healing my boredom.
>>
File: 1438028354565.jpg (852 KB, 1925x2800) Image search: [Google]
1438028354565.jpg
852 KB, 1925x2800
>>51590799
I think it's p. great, I wish we had something similar here. At least then people would know how to act when ze russians come for us next time.
>>
1) Flag
2) No, not really. Like you guys point out, if it wasn't for blacks your firearm deaths per capita would be on par with most of the developed world. Plus cultures are always going to be different to each other and yours is neither my concern nor any of my business.
>>
I don't see a problem with owning guns, learning to respect them, using them for hunting etc.
But I think it's weird that it's a right, I think it would make more sense to treat it like car ownership, that you can have one if you can prove that you have the minimum amount of competency to use one safely.

Personally I don't own any guns but I've been with my uncle to the range a couple times and I also went through the conscription.
>>
>>51590799
It's not necessarily the gun laws, (except, in part, some really ridiculous loopholes) but more the general obsession with them, like it's the only thing keeping your country from deteriorating into tyranny. Guns have stopped exactly 0 legislative actions since 1776, and prevented exactly 0 presidents from enacting bad policy themselves or through their successors.
>>
>>51591087
Came here to post this
>>
>>51591307
Doesn't Finland have a lot of gun owners?
>>
File: o 3.png (74 KB, 380x280) Image search: [Google]
o 3.png
74 KB, 380x280
>>51591708
>a well thought-out and logical post
>by an australian
>on /int/
>>
i think i have a pretty good compromise for guns here, make it mandatory to visit a psychologist and get cleared to buy anything more than a hunting rifle

>>51591087
same to you
>>
>>51592314
Can't bantz all the time, m8.
>>
File: USA_fuck_yeah.jpg (758 KB, 3059x2048) Image search: [Google]
USA_fuck_yeah.jpg
758 KB, 3059x2048
No matter whether that's stupid or not, it's the gun culture itself that makes America the most American country all over the world.
Stay stupid or you'll no longer be worth admiring, to be honest.
>>
File: 1446801433736.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1446801433736.gif
2 MB, 350x190
>>51590799
1. Flag
2. Not really. Learned to shoot when I was 16

>yfw you didn't get a red ryder on your 7th birthday
>>
I don't think your gun culture is stupid, but letting radical muslims in your country legally buy guns is pretty stupid.
>>
>>51590799
You needed guns when owning one meant staying alive or at least not gangbanged. So America was always full of guns, you just can't ban them now without leaving good citizen defenseless against criminals.
>>
>>51591926
Gun's aren't here to kill elected presidents who willingly give up their offices after their term. They're for the chucklefuck who decides that being president is too fun to stop doing so.
>>
>>51592247
I guess, but it certainly isn't common at all in the Helsinki area
>>
>>51591171
This. So many people have been able to defend themselves against maniacs invading/ attacking them while Euros keep getting c ucked in the ass by brown people. Sucks they aren't smart enough to realize most gun death statistics also count suicides and niggers shooting each other.
>>
File: gallery_12871_32_108725.jpg (326 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
gallery_12871_32_108725.jpg
326 KB, 1280x960
>>51590799
>1. your country
Netherlands
>2. do you think USA gun culture is stupid?
Yeah, somewhat. I understand the aversion to registration and such, especially in the light of the Second Amendment.. But I still think it probably couldn't hurt to have a tighter system of background checks for firearm ownership in the US.
>I learned to shoot/hunt when i was 8
Similar.. With an airgun though. I shot a firearm for the first time in the US actually, and I've been to Dutch ranges a hand full of times since then.. Dutch gun culture is all but non-existent though, even by European standards.
>>
File: 1441286372442.jpg (383 KB, 3008x1947) Image search: [Google]
1441286372442.jpg
383 KB, 3008x1947
>>51592314

>Blame the blacks
>'Logical and thought out'

Kek, never change America
>>
Is America so much of a violent shithole you literally can't feel safe without a gun? How do little kids even go outside? I mean I like hunting myself, never tried target practice but that's probably fun too, it's the whole muh gun ownership is a right what I find so weird.
>>
>>51595150
17% of the population commits 50% of the murders. Don't tell me we wouldn't be better off without them.
>>
>>51595495
No, that is just a load of shit perpetuated by idiots on the internet. I even feel safe taking walks at like 3:00 A.M.
>>
>>51595539
>Don't tell me we wouldn't be better off without them

I don't know... But I think it goes a bit far to call such a statement 'logical and thought out'.
>>
>The San Bernardino shooting is the second mass shooting today and the 355th this year
That means that on average, America has one mass shooting per day
I don't know if something as radical as banning guns altogether would be for the best but shit like that is not normal
>>
>>51590799
eh, so-so.
>>
Well, when you have more shooting than days there are a year, well, you have a serious problem.
>>
I'm kind of torn to be honest. I see the ridiculous amount of needless violence and slaughter that is a direct result of them, but at the same I envy the bargaining chip the population has against it's government.

It would be incredibly difficult to institute some sort of fascist dictatorship in the States because the freedom meme is so heavily ingrained in their psyche, and they have weaponry to back it up. As we all saw in Vietnam, guerilla warfare is harder than it looks, even for the most technologically advanced military in the world.
>>
>>51595914

It's funny because the worst problem America has with the gun shit is their own people. The whole ''we defend from tiranny evil government muthafugga'' is fucking lame. Not like you would stand against a fucking army, that you yourself claim is the best in the world.

American logic sucks. America has a gun problem.
>>
I don't think it's stupid that any free man can arm and defend himself. I'm jelly in fact. But some Americans seem a bit paranoid and too quick on the trigger. Maybe too much cowboy attitude.
>>
>>51596068
I agree they have a problem. They need to reform their laws for sure. A lot of that whole freedom shit is retarded, but at the end of the day governments are definitely capable and perhaps even inclined towards tyranny.
>>
>>51596068
This is the least intelligent post I've ever seen on /int/.
>>
1. ireland
2. no, because self defense is a right and guns got the brits out of ireland
fuck gungrabbers. guns are one of americas best things
>>
>>51590799
1. DUDE WEED LMAO, COME ON ITS 2015 land
2. nah, wish our country would pull their heads out of their asses a bit more on our gun laws.
>>
1. New USSR "Mercosur"
2. I think it's fucking beautiful. We can basically do nothing to defend ourselves here, it's a complete disaster.
>>
>>51595495
Here's the thing
White suburban neighborhoods you're fine but in black ghettos you're dumb not to walk around with a gun
>>
>>51596068
I agree, all these ass hats saying "niggers are the problem" are just fucking retards. Theres been a mass shooting (4+ fatalities) every single fucking day, in 2015. And that was 2X higher then last year. Its getting worse because pathetic crazy people are taking their feelings out on poor civilians, and the best thing my dumb ass country can do, is do absolutely nothing.
>>
>>51603167
most of those "mass shootings" are jamal and his homies drivebying a bunch of niggers in another gang and get counted as a mass shooting because it involved more than 3 deaths in the same incident
>>
>>51590799
1. Funland.

2. Of course not. Anyone who has issues with the 2nd amendment and the culture that followed it is an illiterate, stupid and easily misled pleb.

When the people are armed, the people rule. When the people are unarmed, the government rules. It's always been this simple and it will always be this simple.

Do YOU want to be the ruled or the ruler?
>>
>>51591307
>and don't know a single person who owns one
Do you by any chance live in central Helsinki?
>>
>>51591869
>But I think it's weird that it's a right, I think it would make more sense to treat it like car ownership, that you can have one if you can prove that you have the minimum amount of competency to use one safely.
Purchasing and owning a car requires no "test of competency". Furthermore, you only think it's "weird" to treat it as a right because you are European, and thus still stuck in the serf mindset. You're alive during one of the most peaceful ages on this continent, but trust me, when shit hits the fan (caused either by government or a random citizen willing to hurt you), you'll realize why American revolutionary philosophers argued for gun ownership as a natural right stemming from the right to self-defense.
>>
>>51595495
>Is America so much of a violent shithole you literally can't feel safe without a gun?
Of course not. Ironically, the safest US states are the most gun-dense states.

>it's the whole muh gun ownership is a right what I find so weird.
It stems from the natural right to self-defense. If you have a right to defend yourself (which I assume you'd agree that we all have), you surely have a right to do it in an effective manner.
>>
>>51591869
Car licensing and etc only applies towards public roads and property.
>>
>>51595694
Most of those "mass shootings' involve injuries and no deatgs. It counts four people wounded by ahooting as a mass shooting.

As a result the great majority of those shootings involve gangs and happen in inner-city ghettoes.
>>
>>51595914
>I see the ridiculous amount of needless violence and slaughter that is a direct result of them
Motor vehicles, cigs and alcohol cause nearly a hundred times more american deaths each year than guns do - counting the gang war casualties.
>>51596068
>The whole ''we defend from tiranny evil government muthafugga'' is fucking lame. Not like you would stand against a fucking army, that you yourself claim is the best in the world.
What is guerrilla warfare, you clueless faggot. An aircraft carrier, a fighter jet or a tank cannot enforce no-assembly orders or search houses for anti-government propaganda. Actual people have to police a police state, and when they risk getting shot at every street corner, they'll think twice about turning on the people.

>American logic sucks.
No, your logic sucks.
> America has a gun problem.
You had (arguably still have) a fascist problem, largely brought on by your serf mindset.
>>
>>51603167
who do you think does those "mass" shootings?

black gangs and mexican gangs

fucking idiot, you want to stop it? then go full stormtrooper on the ghettos
>>
>>51595694
>That means that on average, America has one mass shooting per day
That is a literally meaningless statistic. Count the number of homicides instead, and don't forget to account for gang wars making up 80% of the homicide figures.

>I don't know if something as radical as banning guns altogether would be for the best but shit like that is not normal
It isn't normal and it isn't actually happening either - you've just been fed lies after lies by your media, which perpetuate the "violent america"-stereotype.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.