[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here a foreigner? How is it living in a country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: elf child 1.jpg (3 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
elf child 1.jpg
3 KB, 196x257
Anyone else here a foreigner?

How is it living in a country that you're not originally from? Do you speak the language of your new country?
>>
>>51564972
>Anyone else here a foreigner?
Yep
>How is it living in a country that you're not originally from?
It was hard at the beginning but you end up getting use to it, it takes months or even years to get that feeling of belonging to the place you're walking the streets everyday, but you eventually do.
>Do you speak the language of your new country?
Yep, unless you take Catalunya as a real country.
>>
>>51565200
Let me guess, argentinian?
>>
>>51565200
Where are you originally from? I'm from the United States and I do not speak any German. Living in Germany has been difficult. It's hard living in a society that you cannot communicate with.
>>
>>51564972
i moved here from india when i was 4 and have american citizenship so i'm not sure if that counts

i don't have any memories of my native country desu. basically grew up here

parents started teaching me english when i was 3 so i was already semi-fluent before we moved. lost my accent after about a year or two
>>
>>51565419
Have you faced any issues being an Indian immigrant living in the US? Assuming you don't live in some backwater shithole, I can't imagine it would be very difficult for you to assimilate.
>>
>>51565237
How did you know?

>>51565366
Well you have it worse certainly, but spaniards are way different from people from my country, so even when we speak the same language, most stuff is different, and i mean like 90%, the way they behave, they way they think, the words, the phrases, the etiquette(this is certainly the biggest difference, for example in argentina when we say goodbye we tend to give a kiss in the cheek or shake hands, here they don't), everythng.
>>
>>51564972
Kannst du mir was auf Deutsch schreiben? Ich bin darauf gespannt, wie dein Deutsch aussieht.
>>
>>51565518
people will treat you well if you integrate but there is sometimes this feeling of "otherness" depending on where you are. for example i'm in LA right now where half the people are brown anyway so i don't feel out of place, but i've lived in majority white cities before too where i've definitely felt singled out even though everyone was nice
>>
>going to be moving to japan with wife soon
>少し日本語を話すことができる
>少し
fucking kill me now
>>
>>51564972
I'm a foreigner. I was born here, and I speak Norwegian fluently.

I don't know. I think the problems I have are similar to everyone else's, too.
>>
>>51566725
I hope it will go well..
>>
>>51566871
Samme her ass. Hvor er foreldrene dine fra? Mine er fra Kroatia.
>>
>>51566725
why are you going if you don't want to, for work?
>>
>>51567860
might as well try it for a while
>>
>>51568524
I'd love to visit the country and shit and I definitely will at some point, but living there... I don't know
I don't want to discourage you but you'll probably be a foreigner forever tbqhwy
>>
>>51565927
etwas*
>>
Not really different when you spend your time on Korean painting forums.

Of course, I'm not an Anglo, I'm learning Slovak as hard as I can and I can have comfortable conversations.
>>
>>51571034
Wait, why did you move to Slovakia? Where are you from originally?
>>
>>51571524
I'm from Tajikistan, I work as a rocket surgeon in Luník IX.
>>
>>51571689
fookin tajis ruinin dis cunry
>>
Pretty comfy. Obviously speak the language.
>>
It's alright and yes, although not perfectly
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.