[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>European """"""""""""""""FREE""""""""""""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1430226473920.png (109 KB, 510x606) Image search: [Google]
1430226473920.png
109 KB, 510x606
>European """"""""""""""""FREE"""""""""""""" education

>not even good
>not actually free
>>
t. american proxy
>>
File: gottacatchemall.png (12 KB, 1315x94) Image search: [Google]
gottacatchemall.png
12 KB, 1315x94
At least stop shitposting under a proxy.
>>
>anglo ratings

lol no
>>
>>51548142

CUXFORD ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>rated by pages contributed in english
>theres still non-english countries in the top 100
>>
File: 1447001387302.gif (568 KB, 240x291) Image search: [Google]
1447001387302.gif
568 KB, 240x291
>mfw """""""""american""""""""" universities are 99% non-american
>>
File: 1420851291156s.jpg (2 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1420851291156s.jpg
2 KB, 125x123
>>51548161
>but muh Zurich
stay mad
>>
>World lobby ranking
>>
I saw unis with 10/10 sports infrastructure get a 2/10 from it in anglo ratings.

They're just bs, face it.
>>
>>51548217
The Swiss are keked enough to publish their stuff in English
>>
>>51548202
if that makes you feel better, i'd say it is more like 15%

>>51548161
tell me why a girl from germany was taking my undegraduate econ classes for graduate credit? are german unis so good there is some sort of paradox going on?

it is so fucking hilarious at how impossible it is for europeans to admit or accept the fact that we're better than them at something
>>
>>51548266
So are you, the Max Planck institutes submit a tonne of papers to Nature every year.
>>
id rather get free schooling from a mid ranking school in europe than have to worry about all of the pitfalls of paying for degrees in the US t b h
>>
>>51548326
Well admitting that most of your "top" unis have scientists and lecturers bribed and imported from Europe might be harder for you.
>>
>>51548202
Not 99%
Fir exampke Harvard's class this year is only 11.6% foreign, the rest are American.
But, 21% are Asian-Americans or Asians in a country where Asians make up less than 5% of the population.
>>
>>51548326
>at something
>>
>>51548326
Tell me why there are thousands of American exchange students coming here every damn year

Here's a hint
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-12610268
>>
>>51548393
i'd say like, 25-30% of professors at most universities are foreign. but only a small percent of them are european. they're mostly indian and chinese.

like i said if it makes you feel better to pretend otherwise keep at it
>>
>>51548483
sure, i'll tell you. they want to do an exchange in germany to party, learn the language to some extent and because of >muh heritage

i'm not sure how you are disconnecting this from ERASMUS or w/e it's called because we're not in it
>>
I'd love to go to Harvard, MIT, Stanford etc.

But aside from these top private unis, the rest of American unis/colleges are mostly memes, where you only go to to party, have sex and join Feminist student groups (2 of those things I wouldn't mind)
>>
>>51548674
>But aside from these top private unis, the rest of American unis/colleges are mostly memes
nope, i am >>51548326 and went to a tier 2 uni. sure you can go there and party your way out but that's why the graduation rate is so piss poor. people get into 3rd year and fail out.
>>
>>51548142
>U of T
>on the list
What bullshit is this?
>>
>>51548744
university's go by QS rankings not that meme one
>>
>>51548734
Which college did you go to and how was the graduation rate there?
>>
>>51548856
here's one for the state i went to school

http://factbook.kennesaw.edu/apps/fb/kenn_fact_book.pkg_fact_book_html.p_show_fact_book_page?p_page_type=STU&p_page_id=145&p_year=2011

i really don't want to continue, all i can say is that i went to school, took it seriously and got a very good education. in my 4th year classes we were using the same textbooks that they use in those schools you mentioned.
>>
File: 1447160842670.jpg (176 KB, 1663x1247) Image search: [Google]
1447160842670.jpg
176 KB, 1663x1247
>>51548142
>>51548484
>>51548406
>>51548393
>>51548202
This is a stupid thread and they are always the same.

First of all, a bachelor's degree is somewhat the same in every university. It's studying the basic foundamentals of the field. First two years are probably identical both in Harvard and in the Lesser-Upper-Mountain-Forest University of Scandinavia. It's more reachable in Europe due to lower tuition fees, which is good, but the study atmosphere can still be better at better endowed universities, where there are available the latest IT-technolog and more books in libraries.

Most of the discrepency in these survey's come from research. American universities have more money to put in research (money does matter, do you think Zurich is there accidentally). Universities facilits, like state-of-the-art laboratories attract foreign capital, public funding and renowed scientists. It's also a question on quantity: high-tech facilites exist also in Europe, but they are fewer in number. Thus they don't produce the sheer amount of research as elsewhere. The quantity problem is present also in humanities, where facilites don't matter as much as the human capital. Funding is still a problem here: researches need to get paid, and without funding, there won't be even the quantitative edge over American universities.

In a twisted way, we are more dependent on the capitalist society outside our universities to progress research.
>>
>>51548674
im pretty sure thats just what pop culture/movies make it seem like

of course these things go on and for some people thats literally what college is all about, liberation from your parents and doing whatever you want, whenever you want.

but people who aren't idiots tend to get a decent education for themselves
>>
>>51548967
Not sure why you replied to me since all I did was post Harvard's admission demographics, but anyway, I don't really see anyone arguing with you here. No one is saying American schools rank higher because Americans are smarter or some such nonsense, they rank higher because the have more money for better resources and better professors from around the world, they can also offer a wider variety of studies.
>>
>>51548142

Where are the Asian universities? There's only Tokyo on it's fairly low-end if only the best are considered.
>>
>>51549164
asians are dumb

americans are smart

Q.E.D
>>
>>51549219
Proxy/Expat pls
>>
>>51549164
most foreign students here are from asia, most foreign professors here are from asia
>>
>>51549096
Mainly that admission demographics are irrelevant, as the difference comes from PhDs and post-docs, not from the quality of Bachelor's programs.

But sure, you just answered another poster's argument. That guy thinks of irrelevancies too. I got emotional =(
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.