[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this triggers the Europoor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: americups.jpg (119 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
americups.jpg
119 KB, 1000x750
>this triggers the Europoor
>>
I don't even know what the hell is that
>>
>>51539160
Our ascended form
>>
>>51539150
me on the left
>>
What's the deal with those cups anyway? Part of an attempt by the US to push some cultural hegemony on the rest of the world?
>>
this triggers me, why are they not wearing red cup shoes?
>>
>>51539203
they drink alcohol out of cups instead of bottles, I think thats all there is to it really
>>
>>51539203
i could explain why they make a lot of sense because of our drinking culture but i doubt you would actually give a shit. instead i'll just say that foreigners give more of a crap about them than we do.
>>
File: bigcupforyou.jpg (61 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
bigcupforyou.jpg
61 KB, 620x620
>>51539203
What's the matter? Can't afford a good Bud Light?
>>
>>51539223

Thats because parties usually have a keg along with bottled alcohol, and kegs are an easy way to get the party drunk. The cups are a harder durable plastic so they work out, and its easy to clean
>>
>Americans can't be trusted with glass
CANNOT BE FABRICATED
>>
>>51539223
because parties often use kegs and/or large bottles of liquor. Gotta pour them into something
>>
>>51539255
>>51539266
also private parties here are a lot bigger than in other countries, and there isnt as much going to the bar in university cause of the 21 drinking age so everyone just goes to huge house parties with kegs and shit to drink
>>
>>51539238
Hearing people explain the quirks of their cultures is why I come to /int/...

That and to watch Korea waste Japan.

So go on...
>>
File: thefuck pic.jpg (52 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
thefuck pic.jpg
52 KB, 768x768
>>51539150
>>51539186
Really though what the fuck is happening in that picture?
>>
>>51539260
>trusting drunk people with glass
>>
>>51539505
We put our drinks in red cups like that so we can disperse our alcohol to a lot of people and the mess after the party is relatively to clean up. The cups are really cheap so it's just easy and sanitary for college party standards.
>>
>>51539505
ok i will actually make a serious post

the red cups mostly come out of necessity due to the legal drinking age being 21 for whatever reason

because of the 21 drinking age, the years that most people are doing their binge drinking here is actually 'illegal'. people arent meeting up in small groups for drinkings than going out to the bars.

instead, starting from high school, people throw huge house parties. im talking like 50-200 people at a private house party. already you can see why expecting everyone to drink out of a glass is pretty retarded.

on top of this, one of the main ways these parties are organized, is that the host will buy kegs of beer, and sell one of these plastic cups for 5 bucks. you buy a cup, drink from the keg all you want.
>>
>>51539652
as for them being some weird cultural phenominon, i really wouldn't say that it is. most people HERE just look at them as a practicality and part of everyday life as a youth. these pictures of people dressing up in red cups is weird as fuck, and they are obviously people in their 30's trying to be cool.

foreigners see the red cups in our media, and wonder what's up with the red cups, which leads to them making a much bigger deal out of something that americans dont think twice about

there is my serious post about the red cups kek i cant believe i did that
>>
>>51539652
>im talking like 50-200 people at a private house party.
Fucking normies. If my m8s throw a party and 50 people show up I end up in my friend's room with some other close friends waiting for everyone else to leave.
>>
>>51539505
House parties are pretty common in the US, especially in college

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_party

Hundreds of people can attend over the course of a night

Fun fact, I went to college in New Hampshire and people from the state liquor board used to dress up as kids and try to sneak into our parties. We always had to tell them to fuck off
>>
>>51539734
i was a [spoiler]normie[/spoiler] until i finished university
>>
>>51539734
Do you like anime?
>>
>>51539716
>serious post about the red cups kek i cant believe i did that
I'm as surprised as you; thanks for putting me out of my misery.

So combination of large house parties, possibly influenced by later drinking age and an accidental tradition blown out of all proportion that frankly confuses the rest of the world to the bemusement of yourselves.

Makes sense in it's own odd way. I think I'll stick with a pewter pot for parties though.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.