[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win, ISIS or IRA assuming they both had the same level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Terrorist battle tbh.png (612 KB, 557x730) Image search: [Google]
Terrorist battle tbh.png
612 KB, 557x730
Who would win, ISIS or IRA assuming they both had the same level of equipment and numbers and were fighting in a territory they're unfamiliar with, like France?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nW9H118HU
>>
>>51524118

Sheeiiit, that's convenient.
>>
I forgot. Who was the winner in that show?
>>51524118
>>
>>51524118
>IRA beats Taliban
Absolute fucking bullshit.
>>51524254
IRA wins, lmao.
>>
>>51524118
Why are american shows so autistic?
>>
Anyone have that pic of the British documentary being compared to an American one? That's what >>51524118 reminds me of.
>>
>>51524451
Some panel show in the UK looked at it and the guy said "Don't worry, that's just how the news is presented over there". They do tend to make things more dramatic things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFljrJ7M4A

Also the series got more autistic as the series went on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ssbgJ3D6cw
>>
File: 1395032729738.jpg (74 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
1395032729738.jpg
74 KB, 630x623
>>51524577

>George Washington vs Napoleon Bonaparte

Did they fucking say that George Washington would win? Please tell me they didn't.
>>
File: gqcJI.jpg (57 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
gqcJI.jpg
57 KB, 650x650
>>51524404
>>51524254
>>51524166
>>51524118
That show is white possibly the most cringe shit ever.

Every episode features a small segment in which the "experts" of both respective teams come on and talk shit to each other.

This particular episode is a prime example.

"oh the Taliban will win this if God will it allahu akbar"

"oh sod off, Erin go brag they're after my lucky charms"

Meanwhile the host has to artistically sit and watch two retards brag about how good their respective terrorist camp is at killing people
>>
>>51524667
They did, and apparently they portrayed Napoléon as a bloodthirsty tyran
>AMERICAN
>TV
>SHOWS
>>
>>51524689

I'm not even gonna watch that shit but how can you justify the IRA beating the Taliban?

How many years of continuous warfare in one of the most dangerous countries on earth has the Taliban seen? What has the IRA even done?
>>
>>51524744

I guess that shows what kind of people the show is catered to. Anyone who knows any history would fucking laugh at the comparison.
>>
>>51524689
I found it hilarious desu. I get the feeling the producers realised it was bordering on tongue in cheek in terms of just creating daydream scenarios, like this
https://youtu.be/U96KV3ggztM?t=2m31s

>>51524744
I posted a thread about it about a year ago, kek
>>
>>51524781
It doesn't quite compare, one is an insurgency in one of the most successful nations ever. The other is in one of the least successful nations ever and is being propped up by geopolitics by Pakistan
>>
>>51524781
The set up of every scenario is just retarded

I saw this exact episode once years ago, but if I recall correctly the scenario they had was that both groups sorta charged at each other

It doesn't even make sense because improvised explosives are the main weapons both the terrorists and IRA empty to great effect.

Why they would meet each other on an open field is beyond me
>>
File: 1359295337788.gif (966 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1359295337788.gif
966 KB, 200x150
>>51524577
This is gold
>>
>>51524955

The Taliban survived a decade of literally every country on earth on earth teaming up against them, with them being supported by bumfuck Pakistan. The Mujahideen survived the Soviet onslaught for something like a decade too.
>>
>>51525021

Oh, so it's simply 1v1? Wow, that's even more retarded than I thought, kek.

At least the group vs group thing would be somewhat interesting.
>>
>>51524118

>IRA fights one country, kills a few hundred people before the British finally let Ireland go without expending too much effort
>Taliban fights nearly every western nation AND the Soviet Union and still survives, killing tens of thousands

>IRA wins lmao

I think this show is pandering to muh heritage fags. What a joke.
>>
>>51525053
The Mujahideen is one of the biggest meme insurgencies of all time, they even had fucking Rambo help them

>literally every country on earth on earth teaming up against them

>take power
>get kicked out easily
>hide in the mountain
>lol we survived taliban stonk guys
>>
>>51525221
Americans everybody.
>>
>>51525053
>t. AIDF
>>
>>51525021
>Why they would meet each other on an open field is beyond me
They don't fight in a field, they fight in an American car park, duh
>>
>>51525248

> The Mujahideen is one of the biggest meme insurgencies of all time

What's so meme about them? They successfully fought off the Soviets and the puppet government. That's pretty impressive to me.

>hide in the mountain

I mean, that's all they could do. I mean, we're talking Taliban vs IRA here, not Taliban vs US army or something. I think the Taliban would easily murderstomp them by virtue of resilience alone.
>>
>>51524118
>>51524689
That show was so ridiculous that i only watched it for the laughs. There were bunch of random factors and, sometimes they even gave upper hand on one party just for them being the better loudmouth.

When they 'reviewed' the weapons' destructive powers they used different targets (the first targeted unarmored ballistic gel while the other hit a dummy with fullbody armor), herp.

Also many of the warriors carried uncommon weapons to that era and the experts were total internet fanboys and not real experts.
>>
>>51525221
Taliban never fought Soviet Union
>>
>>51524071
>Who would win, ISIS or IRA assuming they both had the same level of equipment and numbers and were fighting in a territory they're unfamiliar with, like France?
>ISIS
>unfamiliar with France
>>
>>51525220
No, I must have not been clear

They meet as a 5 vs 5 fight or something, but my point is that neither the IRA or the Taliban would want to fight like conventional soldiers. Both groups are know for using IEDs over using guns, so it doesn't make sense for them to fight like that
>>
>>51525426
>That show was so ridiculous that i only watched it for the laughs
I'm pretty certain that's why they made it

>>51525449
kek
>>
>>51525430

Whoops, I meant the Mujahideen, but many Mujahideen joined the Taliban after the invasion.
>>
>>51524404
the ira winning taliban is ludicrious , the taliban had far more experince in real combat during the soviet afghan war, during the war against the northern alliance and against nato/usa .

ira are good at blowing up shit but so are jihadis
>>
>>51525525
And many joined the Northern Alliance. For some reason this fact is usually omitted in the "US armed Taleban" stories.
>>
>>51525221
Top kek the IRA were one of the most well funded, equipped and trained terrorist groups in the world. Everyone who hated the Brits funded the IRA including the US and the soviet union. One of the biggest supporters was Gaddafi.
>>
>>51525684

Apparently the scenario is a 5v5 in a parking lot or some shit (I didn't watch the show).

I mean, in that scenario anyone could win really. That's a stupid ass show. I remember watching one episode of it on tv like 10 years ago, I vaguely remember Alexander the Great getting BTFO by some chink (maybe it was Genghis Khan).
>>
>>51525053
Ireland had one of the biggest empires next door shitting on it for 800 years.
>>
>>51525997
>>51525911

What happened to the IRA? Did they just fizzle out? I'm quite interested to learn more about them 2bh.
>>
ISIS, duh. They can pick up reinforcements from the local population.
>>
>>51526050
Most of them became politicians once the Irish free state and the republic was established and the rest like ever regime ever just kept on fighting for the sake of fighting. The IRA has split and divided many times, in the Republic it fizzled out but it was still alive for years in the north.
The modern IRA is basically the Irish equivalent of the Mafia.

Though you should read about the IRA that fought before the Irish free state was around and read about Michael Collins. That IRA was probably the most successful as they figured out why every Irish rebellion failed and became very cloak and dagger.
>>
>>51525449
>Sweden
>>
>>51526810

>>51525449
Should pick Poland instead
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.