[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your Christmas traditions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: christmas pepe.jpg (92 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
christmas pepe.jpg
92 KB, 900x900
It's soon the best time of the year again! Post some Christmas traditions you/your family have. If you hate Christmas and don't have any, traditions of your country are welcome as well.

these are some traditions of past Christmases in my family

>eating moose and reindeer with potatoes
>going to grandmom's house in christmas eve morning to eat rice porridge and see relatives
>watching santa claus hotline (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ZWteDTlco) and snowman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeVUnGQOIk) from telly
>later in Christmas Eve night having Santa bring presents or santa's little helpers bring them to the door if Santa isnt available
>going to church to listen to Christmas carols
>>
>>51509513
> Visited german market in town
> Go to winter wonderland festival with the lads
> Make Christmas cake weeks in advance because everyone else is busy
> Christmas and Christmas dinner with my family, this year with my mums side because fucking no way am I spending this Christmas with my dad's scouse family
> Game of cards after (normally blackjack, chase the ace or gin rummy)
> Get slaughtered on mulled wine and hot cider whilst singing carols
> End the night with a smoke in the freezing cold outside with my older brother, having a moment to thinnk about the years past (Gay I know, but
> tea and bed in my new pajamas.
DESU Hoping I get a snuggly onesie this year because its always cold as shit
>>
File: 05420994.png (585 KB, 620x364) Image search: [Google]
05420994.png
585 KB, 620x364
>horses and cattle cant eat grass because earth is covered by ice
>starts starvation
>time to invade other tribes and rape womens in an attempt to find lands that not covered by ice and cattle can eat it
>every winter
its true
>>
>>51509513
Orthodox Christmas is on January 7th... I guess I'll just get wasted like I always do during major holidays
>>
We didn't even celebrate Christmas until well into the 21st century, when I was already in my teens. New Year's was the shit back then. It's Dedek Mraz and Novo leto, not Christmas and Santa Claus, ok?
>>
>some traditions of past Christmases in my family

Getting drunk after enduring a few agonising days of volatile atmosphere at my parents' house.

Such is life in Fun Land.
Gonna go buy sum spirits now lads.
>>
>>51509513
>meet up with mother's rich family
>average age is 65
>I spend the night making cocktails for them and keeping their grandchildren
>at 22:00 they're all terribly drunk and start saying venomous sarcastic comments about every people they know
>around 23:00 the banter is off the charts and they start laughing incontrollably while still drinking
>I've seen people drinking less than this get totally wasted but at midnight my old aunties still manage to stand up and call their cabs.
>everyone kisses each other wishing a merry christmas and leaves
>I help cleaning around
>At 1:00 I'm in the car listening to my mom and her sister saying how much they hate their relatives

Always one of the funniest nights of my year
>>
>>51510596
>Hear ppl admiring "The Sophisticated Southern European Drinking Cultureā„¢".

Lies. All lies. And slander.
You just don't go drinking publicly. Literally the only difference desu.
>>
>>51510017
>Dedek Mraz and Novo leto
pls elaborate
>>
Shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>51509513
Mum's going away this year so i've decided to get pissed up christmas eve, get some coke to stay awake then continue the piss up christmas day at my friends
Can't wait for coked up christmas cooking
>>
>>51510920
All day. Every day.
The Fun never stops, t b h.
>>
>>51509733
go back to reddit you fucking muslim
>>
>>51509513
>watch the Disney Christmas special with relatives
>stuff yourself with food and drink
>have someone stumble around dressed as Santa and give out gifts
>proceed to drink until grievances surface and children get traumatized

t. every Swede
>>
File: 1400758325628.png (25 KB, 740x773) Image search: [Google]
1400758325628.png
25 KB, 740x773
>sit alone at the computer
>eat some ham
>sit alone at the computer
>go to bed
>>
File: 6928429-snow-house-christmas.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
6928429-snow-house-christmas.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>always visit parents for Christmas
>mom usually already has fresh Christmas cookies ready
>December 23rd put up and decorate the Christmas tree with my sister
>watch Home Alone sometime before Christmas Eve
>on Christmas Eve grandparents from the same town visit
>take a snow walk if applicable or sing some christmas songs before my sister plays Santa's helper and gives out everyone's gifts
>delicious homecooked dinner afterwards
>first Christmas holiday visit my other grandparents with my parents and sister, go to restaurant for Christmas duck because my other grandma can't cook for shit
>>
File: rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer5.jpg (108 KB, 488x330) Image search: [Google]
rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer5.jpg
108 KB, 488x330
>send Christmas cards to friends that live far away
>go to tree lot, pick out a tree, decorate it
>wrap presents and stuff them under said tree
>drink egg nog
>buy fruit cake for people I don't like but have to be civil with. They feel obliged to smile while accepting it even though it's shit :^)
>dress cat up like Santa
>donate some toys
>put on old school American Christmas claymations
>eat too much
>keep family from fighting
>awkwardly say thank you and fake enthusiasm for stuff you'll never use
>Get gifted tamales from Mexican neighbors
>jam out to Christmas music
>buy a bunch of shit I don't need during "sales"
>>
File: Negroni1 (1).jpg (125 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Negroni1 (1).jpg
125 KB, 1280x853
>>51510830
You're not so far from the truth. It's true that what we drink is usually more sophisticated (pic related is Negroni, it might seem gay to someone not used to italian liquors but it's god tier), but it's also true that we like raising glasses.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.