[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, is it true that today there are some people who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: authentic_propadanga.jpg (146 KB, 718x1024) Image search: [Google]
authentic_propadanga.jpg
146 KB, 718x1024
Memes aside, is it true that today there are some people who use "Jap" just as a shortened form of "Japanese", not as the insulting term?
It's so confusing that I sometimes can't guess whether one who uses this word is trying to insult us or not.
>>
チョン
>>
>>51505705
I do because of /int/. I use it all the time in fact as a shortened version of Japanese.
>>
if they were serious they would type out the whole word

the shortened form just shows that they are too lazy to give a damn about proper nouns, if it isn't insulting it is not respectful
>>
American Americans
Japanee Japanese
Do you understand?
>>
>>51505830
No, I don't.
>>
>>51505705

I use "Jap", "Chink", "Nigger", "Gook" and so on. Only reason I don't use "Snownigger" or "Cumskin" for my own people is that they're just not catchy enough.

And "Swede" is technically also a very boring vegetable so it counts as a slur.
>>
>>51505784
to add

in most cases this is done because they don't think you "should" take offense even though they know it is shortened to make their life easier and ignoring all the historical attachment to the shortened form

so this can be applied to any proper noun

some you can get away with because they do it to themselves like brits, brits are okay with brits because a brit is self-referenced but some are not

it is a very passive way of dealing with how a person should feel about being called something even though there was no explicit consent to be allowed to call such people by such names in a socially acceptable way, like calling a british person a brit

basically ignores the real life question "are you okay if i call japanese people japs" "are you okay if i can german people germs" "are you okay if i call americans american'ts" etc

it you do it in real life you will get people asking you why you would do such a thing but here people know they can get away with it

this is basically like

if no one can prosecute you for stealing will you steal
>>
>>51505918

Furthermore any left-wingers or humanities students are "Hippies" and any right-wing activists are "Skinheads".

People who "have problems in life" are referred to as "Criminals" and/or "Druggies".

People who travel around in mobile homes and scam people are "Gypsies".
>>
>>51505705
We always say Jappen, but more because it's short we actually respect the country because of the martial arts most of all. In general the country has a real slick sense of style, too bad anime exists there too though.
>>
>>51506278
Jappen = Japanese
>>
>>51505705
Like I call a British person a brit, I call a Japanese person a jap.
>>
I've met lots of older people who use Jap literally every time. Mostly older men who were in WW2, I assume they use it as an insult. I always say Japanese tho
>>
i think it depends on the context. sort of "nigga"?
>>
File: slap a jap.jpg (85 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
slap a jap.jpg
85 KB, 600x383
>>51505705
Stop being so sensitive, you jap bitch. Do you want your menstrual uterus kissed too?

You do realize that it's mostly males here. No one is being truly hateful.
>>
I use Jap with my friends and Jap friend. We don't think of it as an insult, just to shorten the word and we use tons of slang anyways.

>tfw half-pinoy frenchie (pinois)
>tfw half-italian friend (rital)
>tfw half-japanese friend (jap)
>tfw half-indonesian friend (indo)
>tfw german friends (schleu, boche)
>tfw english friends (rosbif)
>tfw portuguese friend (portos)
It goes on for every nationality, even though i have no idea how one would call spaniards. You better not use these if the person isn't your buddy ofc
>>
I say jap because it quicker and out of laziness not hate
>>
East Asian people to "gook" is white people to whitepig
>>
>>51512306

Yes, so?
>>
>>51505705
I use "nip" when I want to racist
>>
>>51512306
this
if we really wanted to insult you we'd call you "gook" or something else. "Jap" is just being lazy, like that other American said, there is no malice but it is disrespectful.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.