[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are all these languages spoken in Spain nowadays or are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: langspain.jpg (37 KB, 784x444) Image search: [Google]
langspain.jpg
37 KB, 784x444
Are all these languages spoken in Spain nowadays or are they just memes?
>>
Everything but Castillian, Basque, Catalan and Galician is memer tier. Also all the languages other than Castillian were about to die until they resurrected them artificially a few decades ago because muh preserving of special snowflake cultures.
>>
>>51494425
How close to Castillian are Galician and Catalan compared to Portuguese?
>>
>>51494425
Is there a big difference between Spanish/Castillian and Galician?
>>
>>51494572
it is almost impossible to explain the differences to a person that only speaks 1 language
>>
>>51494333
>Fala
>Astur-Leonese
>Extremaduran
>Aragonese
>Aranese
Literally what?
>>
>>51494672
humor me
>>
>>51494572
>>51494552
Galician sounds like portuguese spoken with a heavy spanish accent.

it's completely intelligible with portuguese, bar a few words and expressions.

Since Spanish speakers claim to also understand Galician, it would said it's a mid-term between portuguese and spanish. Vocabulary-wise it feels closer to portuguese, pronunciation is closer to spanish.
>>
>>51494830
Neat!
>>
>>51494552
Galician is like a dialect of Portuguese without all the weird phonetic shenanigans and a strong Castillian accent. Catalan is like a weird mix of Spanish and Italian plus some french here and there. I would understand both Galician and Catalan but not spoken Portuguese.
>>
>>51495100
>mfw I speak portuguese, spanish and french
>still can't understand Catalan
>>
>>51495197
that's weird, what seems to be the problem?
>>
>>51495266
I don't know, I simply don't understand. Many words don't look like spanish or french at all.

I believe if I studied it for a while I would get it but I don't feel compelled to study a language in which I can already communicate with the people by switching to spanish
>>
>>51495197
>>51495266
>>51495316
I'm a burger that's learned standard spanish and I understand most of written Catalan and Portuguese.
>>
>>51495351
writen portuguese and spanish are very similar, but Catalan?

I found a sample text of catalan on the internet:
i fa el meu pit distret vibrar
embolicat en una profusió d´olors
que guien els meus ulls fins al mar
embolicat en una profusió de colors.

I literally don't even know what's the subject. I can pick many words but there is at least one per line that I don't understand and that fucks up the whole understanding.
>>
>>51495351
>standard spanish
What the hell does that even mean in America? The one Mexican dubbers use?

>>51495316
Some just look like slighly more obscure spanish words, like portar instead of llevar. I never studied it either and I remember downloading catalan dubs for animes you couldn't find in Spanish when I was younger.
>>
>>51494333
Galician = spoken, but really close to castilian. it's a bridge between castilian a portuguese. it's spoken in daily life and has some media in it

Asturian = meme language, not even their speakers think they're a real language, not recognized by their own goverment

Extremaduran = most meme language of all, it's castilian with some asturian, and asturian is actually rural castilian with some galician, it's almost dead and just a dialect

Fala = portuguese, that village was portuguese back in times

Aragonese = almost died, spoken only in pyrenees and highly assimilated to castilian, but only inside their houses and not in public, will die in few years.

Aranese = occitan dialect, spoken and recognized, but only in a little area in catalonia

Catalan = spoken language, alive in daily usage and different enough to castilian, it's taught in schools and has some media, movies, etc... in it. Still kinda minorized in some areas specially in Valencia where there are also political tension and linguistic separatism

Basque = not even indo-european, spoken in some areas but the majority of the basque country has lost it, and the government teaches an artificial mix of basque called euskera batua. is recovering it's usage.
>>
>>51495436
I'm French and I can get most of it desu senpai
>>
>>51495609
maybe the fact that Spanish and French are my third and fourth language makes it a bit harder
>>
>>51494572
I can't understand neither Galician nor Catalan
>>
>>51370557
>>
>>51494333
Govrnments in Galicia, Basque Country and Catalonia use their local languages. The law is written in spanish and the local languages as well. In Galicia even some judgments are in galician. And by law you must be able to speak your language of choice with the civil servants and authorities.
>>
File: Sin título.png (86 KB, 1362x788) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
86 KB, 1362x788
Estremenyo and Fala? Wtf

Native speakers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fala_language
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.