[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only countries with FREEDOM index above 5.6 can post here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: freedom.jpg (241 KB, 638x598) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
241 KB, 638x598
Only countries with FREEDOM index above 5.6 can post here.
>>
>>51448127
lel cankeks BTFO
>>
>>51448175
>21 to have a beer
o i am laffin
>>
>>51448127
We're higher than Western European countries? Surprising tbqh
>>
>>51448225
>cannabis is illegal
>>
>>51448225
>no guns
>no weed
>no free speech
O Canada
>>
>Americans are the most freedom-loving people in the world

You cannot fabricate this situation
>>
I see finland is white.
>>
Isn't New Zealand the most free?
>>
File: _img0543_87e0d4ec.jpg (135 KB, 990x743) Image search: [Google]
_img0543_87e0d4ec.jpg
135 KB, 990x743
>Spain
>Freedom

Our whole system is a corrupted satellite of a political party.

Plus all the media is controlled by banks and diversity of opinion is only allowed under their own marks of "acceptableness"
>>
>>51448127
So """"""""""free"""""""""" speech, according to this study, is being able to criticize the government, but at the same time restricting people in endless because of political correctness. So much for """"""""" free"""""""""" speech.
>>
How can you be free if you live in poverty? And what is freedom anyways? The ability to whore out your time so you can buy the latest product?
>>
>>51448127
It would be interesting to cross this with a map of actual free expression to see which country is the most supportive of it in theory but not in practice
Almost surely USA will have the highest gap since their freedom is quite low but I am curious on other countries
>>
>>51448589
There aren't any free speech restrictions based on political correctness, though.
>>
>>51448646
Maybe not by law, yet, but when someone says something "politically incorrect", even if its within the walls of his own home, and it is found out, he will be shamed and ridiculed until he either wuits everyhring or commits suicide.
http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-fired-2011-5?op=1
>>
>>51448844
And that is a product of a culture. The law has nothing to do with it. I could legally go running down the hall of my apartments screaming, "Death to fags, kikes, niggers, and spics!" That doesn't mean that people won't hate and judge me for it.
>>
>>51448935
Sure, they can hate and judge you, but firing you from your job is simply wrong and should be illegal, regardless of how "offensive" the speech was
>>
How does Canada have less freedom than the U.S.

I mean, I've never been to Canada but I always assumed that they ran their country pretty similar to ours. Same case for U.K., ignoring their "no hate speech" law.
>>
File: 1446461104069.gif (638 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1446461104069.gif
638 KB, 200x150
>France
>liberté d'expression!
>UK
>John Stuart Mills, George Orwell, "Common law"
>lower freedom of expression than Argentina, Mexico, Spain and Poland

YOU LITERALLY C A N N O T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>51448989
free speech only protects you from the government
>>
Free speach wont last long with all the muzzies coming over
>>
>>51448249
>>51448249
You could say that with the exception of a few countries more red than red white and blue, you rode on the back of freedom, while other continents have millennia of cultural baggage bringing them down.

Honestly I'm most surprised about Poland. Who would have expected that?
>>
>Nigeria is freer than Japan
>>
>>51448993
>less freedom
Simple: their version of the bill of rights is neutered compared to ours.
Literally the second sentence in "Section Two of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms" is

"1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society."

Source: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

Whereas in our constitution, we used strong vocabulary impossible to misinterpret, such as "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
>>
>>51448468
Yep
>maps without NZ lol .com
>>
File: 1447999472731.jpg (801 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1447999472731.jpg
801 KB, 1462x1462
>>51448127

censortugal
>>
>>51449627
FUCK OFF
FUCK YOU POOPEELIA
YOU STEAL PAVLOVA
YOU STEAL FARLAP
YOU STEAL RUSSEL CROWE
YOU LITERALLY NEED TO HIDE US AND STEAL FROM US TO FEEL BETTER
FUCK OFF POOPEELIA, GET FUCKED
GET OUT
GET
>>
>>51449604
freer from disgusting gaijin
>>
>>51449219
I'd have to disagree on that. Free speech should protect you from any kind of action that can be used against you due to something you said. Being fired from your job because of a tweet is simply lack of freedom of speech.
>>
>venezuela
>>
>>51449725
I'd have to say that the world's more complicated than that.
"Freedom of Expression" is a protected right -- the government can't persecute you for that.

However, government interference in private matters is generally looked down upon.
Capitalism, on which our country is essentially founded, cannot allow any government intervention except to ensure fair business practice, if even that.

For the government to trespass on a subject that can be a very real threat to a business is not only onerous, but also limits the business' freedom of expression in certain cases.

Take an example: Business owner is hardcore liberal
Finds out employee is anti-gay
Fires him because he doesn't support those values.

So are you saying that you will limit that business owner's freedom of speech to protect the employee's freedom of speech?

In current America it is perfectly legal to fire someone for any reason as long as it isn't discrimination based on sex or race.
>>
>>51449219
Freedom of speech means freedom of speech. Nothing more, nothing less. If saying certain things puts you out of employment then your speech isn't quite free.
>>
>>51449681
You can have Russell back, he's a bit of a knob
>>
File: bored frog.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
bored frog.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>France
>"Liberty" and "democracy"
>>
>>51449944
This, tripple dubs confirm it
>>
>>51448127
This map is bullshit.
>>
>>51448127
> Poland
> USA
> Venezuela
> Spain
yeah sure
>>
>>51450114
Probably brought down by your muzzie population
>>
>>51450051
this
>>51448127
>spain
>poland
>america
>"free"

WEW LAD
>>
File: war... war never changes.jpg (38 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
war... war never changes.jpg
38 KB, 450x521
>>51448291
>don't like surprises
>>
File: sgfdg.jpg (20 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
sgfdg.jpg
20 KB, 403x403
>germany wouldn't allow for the latest version of Wolfenstein to be released until all references to Nazis, Nazi symbolism, and Germany's past were removed from the game.
>in a game...about killing Nazis.

How deep does this autistic censorship go?
>>
>>51448127
>4.6
>journalists/radio personnel who write/speaks/criticize local Barangay Capt./Councilors/Mayors harshly about their wrong doings gets shot by 2 guys riding-in-a-motorcycle hire-to-kill-mercenaries

I don't know about latest news but these have been happening for years.
>>
>>51454931
do you know how ridiculous you sound by saying nazis like they were a seperate people?
do you think democrats a different people?
NSDAP was a political party.
>>
>>51448589
This. I want to see the "free" white americans go on live tv and say nigger. So much for freedom
>>
>venezuela
>>
File: when you're late for work.jpg (81 KB, 634x434) Image search: [Google]
when you're late for work.jpg
81 KB, 634x434
>Palestinian territories
>3.4

Are you shitting me lmao
>>
>USA not significantly more free than everyone else

Shit map, Spain for example has no freedoms at all.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.