[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is this shitshow going to end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 27
So when is this shitshow going to end?
>>
When ISIS aka the CIA decides it should
>>
>>51444206
Who is the red team in Iraq
>>
>>51444206
When they nuke Saudi Arabia
>>
>>51444206
Never ending story
>>
>>51444206
When Turkey stops supporting ISIS.
>>
When the brave Portuguese army invades and conquerts the Middle east
>>
>>51444206

It's gotten really out of hand and only seems to be escalating. I'm not too in touch with the situation on the ground but ISIS seems to have been blunted. I don't know if they're going to be a lasting force in the region but no one seems to be able to destroy them. Weird situation, interested to see where it goes.
>>
File: Turkey-Flag-Map.png (48 KB, 2048x951) Image search: [Google]
Turkey-Flag-Map.png
48 KB, 2048x951
When this shitshow ends
>>
File: 1448851077182.png (466 KB, 1024x782) Image search: [Google]
1448851077182.png
466 KB, 1024x782
>>51444206

I like the Weapons funneling area from T*rkey
>>
>>51444407

>>51444444
>>
>>51444206
what's going on in lebanon
>>
Pretty much never.
>>
>>51444206

When Islam becomes a dead/irrelevant religion like Zoroastrianism or Greek Mythology.
>>
>>51444314
Iran Shi'a puppet government.
>>
File: FallujahMaster118.jpg (255 KB, 900x567) Image search: [Google]
FallujahMaster118.jpg
255 KB, 900x567
>>51444206
Honestly? I'm betting mid to late 2017. That's when the new president puts boots (back) on the ground, plus 30-90 days to eliminate primary (re: non-insurgency) resistance. As for counter-insurgency operations... let's see if we need to prolong things are 2030.

Why 2017? Neither party will demand the necessary but politically unsavory action of sending troops back to the place the American people couldn't wait to get out of until after the dust settles on November 5, 2016. And Obama isn't going to risk his legacy by overturning one of the defining parts of his presidency (and before you castigate him, recall that getting us the fuck out of Iraq was a platform he successfully campaigned on). So he's giving us what we want, like it or not.

This (re) invasion means more deaths, more flag-draped coffins, more broken families, more widows, more children growing up without a dad. More limbs ripped off in an IED explosion. More veteran suicides. More dead women and children civilians. More billions or trillions wasted just to fix what we started.

It'll be the next President's problem. Thanks Dubya, I hope there's a hell so you can rot in it.
>>
>>51444206
Whatever happened to that planned operation to retake Mosul?

Last I read, it was supposed to happen mid-2015.
>>
>>51444680
Therefore, turning the back to the problem would fix it, ain't it?
>>
>>51444745
And how exactly would an Iraq 3: Electric Boogaloo fix it? Are Sunni Iraqis and Syrians magically going to pledge allegiance to their respective countries this time? How is America going to ensure that another ISIS doesn't sprout up as soon as they pull out again?
>>
>>51444737
All talk no show
The commanders found out that Shia's weren't going to die to retake a Sunni city.
>>
File: heyman.jpg (389 KB, 640x655) Image search: [Google]
heyman.jpg
389 KB, 640x655
When Heman arises.
>>
>>51444868
Do not know how, but if the NATO coalition started the problem, the NATO coalition should end it.
>>
>>51444876
I looked up the wikipedia page about it, and it's supposedly still planned to go ahead, but no news since September.

>On 13 September, U.S. envoy John Allen said that the battle led by the coalition against ISIL is a long-term battle, but that Mosul would be captured "within months". Iraqi forces also announced that they had now trained 20,000 soldiers to recapture Mosul.[43][44]

If this can be believed, Mosul should fall some time in early 2016. That will be the beginning of the end for ISIS.
>>
>>51444745
We shouldn't have gone in there in the first place. Blame Bush for that.

But since we did, it was up to Maliki to bring everyone together. To lead his people to something resembling prosperity. He failed.

We had the insurgency under control. All he had to do was cede some power to the Sunnis and keep paying the Awakening Councils that fought the insurgency. He didn't even do that last one, and so the entire country fell apart. They fled at the first sign of trouble and surrendered their cities.

At some point the Iraqis need to stop blaming us and get their shit together.
>>
>>51445002
>They fled at the first sign of trouble
They = the Iraqi army, not the Awakening Councils. Sorry its late
>>
>yfw 30 million people in AD 800

>5 million in 1900

My sides.
>>
>>51444525
Minor ISIS and Al Nusra presence being fought by Hezbollah and presumably the Lebanese government. I'm surprised they haven't been eradicated by now, they've been there for ages with no apparent change in the situation.
>>
>>51445002
THe thing is, those people are not prone to democracy, NATO should put some strong man that do the work Hussein, Mubarak, Assad and Gadaffi were doing.
>>
>>51445110
Like I said, Saddam should have stayed. But I wasn't President at that time.

The problem with strong men is they all come crashing down eventually. All the people you listed are dead except Assad, and even if he survives this war he'll meet a violent death eventually. If not him his successor.

Maliki could have been the strong man, but no, he couldn't even do that right. What a fuck up. This is what happens when you take orders from Iran meant to keep you weak instead of thinking about your own people.
>>
File: 177215395_jack-hill_939892b[1].jpg (88 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
177215395_jack-hill_939892b[1].jpg
88 KB, 780x520
mosul will fall soon i hope
>>
>>51444206
When the black flag of Islam conquers the world
>>
>>51444906
Kek
>>
>>51444206
What is happening in lebanon
>>
>>51445225
Therefore, I'd not see a solution benefiting middle east people. The world powers could just create buffer zones to contain whatever might go out of the middle east in order to reach a level of safety.
>>
>>51445058
Because the Lebanese military is shit and totally reliant on Hezbollah, and Hezbollah is too busy in Syria.
>>
>>51445058
Are you sure that isn't just marking Hezbollah controlled areas?
>>
>>51444945
Only way I see it happening is with heavy and relentless air bombing and shelling.
Which I don't think its going to happen.
>>
>>51444525
>>51445058
I think the small white bit is al nusra and isis while the blue is hezbollah
>>
Why not just bomb raqqa to the ground WWII style?
>>
>>51445518
Because that will increase Isis support and recruits tenfold?
>>
>>51445337
If you look within Lebanon's borders, there a small grey part which is ISIS controlled and a small white part which is Al Nusra controlled.
>>
>>51445518
WWII style strategic bombing was actually hilariously ineffective at actually damaging the enemy's combat ability relative to the number of bombs they had to drop.
>>
>>51445518
Also this
>>51445602
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51445578
Fuck it just genocide the sunnis, flatten the city and send Iranians in to finish the sunni scum off.
>>
>>51445643
>/pol/
>intelligent discussion
pick one and only one
>>
>>51445602
When he said "WWII style", I think he meant "Dresden style".
>>
>>51444206
Hopefully never. Imagine how many kebab we'd have on this planet if they didn't spend so much time murdering each other. The numbers would be staggering.

They're like a plague of locusts.
>>
>>51444206
When NATO decides that stability matters more than their suburban sensibilities about democratic rule. So they can ally with Russia, Iran, China, and Assad.
>>
>>51445661
This board is for international culture. Please take political discussions to /pol/
>>
>>51445669
This, fuck them. The problem is the Sunnis, wipe out the Sunnis.
>>
>>51445831
All of them better.
>>
>>51445831
Why stop at sunnis?
>>
redraw the borders after crushing ISIS.

red is the new Iran border.

brown is Kurdistan.
>>
File: deal with it.png (1 MB, 734x724) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.png
1 MB, 734x724
>>51445902
forgot pic
>>
>>51445875
First ally with the shia, we bomb the fuck out of sunni areas and iran sends it's shia in to take the land then once they shoot every sunni in the middle east we surprise invade and kill all the shia.
>>
>>51444906
Underrated
>>
ISIS is losing on every front, and it seems like they'll be out of all the major cities by 2017.
The Syrian rebels & the Syrian government will probably make peace soon after IS is defeated.
>>
File: 1426722155127.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1426722155127.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>51445958
P E R F I D I O U S
>>
>>51444206
>>51444206
how the fuck is deiz-ez-zor still holding out
>>
>>51446055
>guarded by the most elite regime soldiers
>heavily fortified
>surrounded by open desert
>>
So let me get this straight

USA backs the "moderate rebels" and the curds.
Turkey supports anyone fighting the curds (includes ISIS, Al-Nusra, other terrorists).
Russia and Iran support Assad.
Saudi Arabia supports anyone fighting Assad and anyone not supported by Iran.
France, UK, Germany, etc don't support anyone but want ISIS wiped out.

Is this accurate?
>>
>>51446159
pretty much.
>>
>>51446159
One crucial detail you missed is that our PM tried to drag the US along with him into bombing Assad but got made a complete fool of when his own party turned on him and he couldn't get permission to do it.

Syria would basically be Libya 2.0 by now if that had happened.
>>
>>51446311
>Syria would basically be Libya 2.0
So...objectively better?
>>
File: Sousse Tunisia.jpg (52 KB, 801x538) Image search: [Google]
Sousse Tunisia.jpg
52 KB, 801x538
>>51445002
>We had the insurgency under control. All he had to do was cede some power to the Sunnis and keep paying the Awakening Councils that fought the insurgency. He didn't even do that last one, and so the entire country fell apart.

Petraeus never had the insurgency under control. All he did was pay off the biggest Sunni militias with money and guns in exchange for not attacking with the idea that they could fight it out with the Shiites after a "decent interval" of America's withdrawal.

>At some point the Iraqis need to stop blaming us and get their shit together.

Shiites and Kurds are just tired of trying to deal peaceably with people that quite explicitly want to wipe them out.
>>
>>51446331
Are you avin a giggle, m8? Do you even know what's been going on in Libya since Gaddafi's murder?
>>
>>51446331
Libya was the richest African country now it's a divided Islamist shithole
>>
>>51446392
>>51446396
Are you actually implying the situation in Syria is somehow better than that in Libya?

They's both failed states but Syria has resulted in hundred of thousands of deaths. Libya still has things like internet and schools.
>>
>>51446311
It's different. If Assad loses his theritories there will be mass genocide of local shiites, christians and other religious minorities.
>>
File: 20150216-libyaIS.jpg (47 KB, 630x411) Image search: [Google]
20150216-libyaIS.jpg
47 KB, 630x411
>>51446480
>They's both failed states but Syria has resulted in hundred of thousands of deaths. Libya still has things like internet and schools.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/islamic-state-entrenches-in-sirte-libya-1448798153
>>
>>51444677
>puppet
Mexico still living the sixties
>>
>>51446159
Close but not exactly.

Iran supports Shias, which include Alawites (Assad), Hizballah, and Iraqi Shia government. Russia support just Assad rule.

Saudi Arabia supports Wahhabist Sunnis, but is split in regards of ISIS. Saudis aren't united as it might seem at first, some branches and members of the royal family might support those who the Saudi King considers an enemy or rival.

Before involvement of ISIS is Syria's civil war the Euro states supported the rebels against Assad, but with emergamnce of ISIS and the refuge crisis they started withdrawing their support and don't really do much now.
>>
>>51446480
You are aware that there is an ongoing civil war in Libya, in which ISIS is a participant, right?

Syria at least has some hope in the form of a possible Assad victory. Libya is utterly fucked.
>>
>>51446480
Lybia is heavilly supported by Egypt now plus it is religiously homogenous and much less populated.
>>
Turkey will be expulsed from NATO.

Russians will go to war with the T*rks.

Turkey wins by fluke and becomes more nationalistic.

Meanwhile, Assad loses the southern portion of his territory to ISIS.

As T*rks continue to fund and trade with ISIS, Americans step up their game and start bombing the shit out of ISIS and go to war with Turkey.

The T*rks surrender quickly as ISIS territory starts shrinking and being replaced with American occupation zones.

A few years later, ISIS loses but the Syrian rebels rage on and end up taking more territories.

Nobody steps in so the rebels win and take over Syria.

Petty wars continue in the region for many years.

After the collapse of the global economy, the United States, Europe, Russia and China and the period of decline and collapse sets in for global civilization, Turkey annexes arabia and becomes a great power rising above the level of development of European countries.
>>
>>51446550
And?

Again, are you suggesting that ISIS is somehow more entrenched in Libya than Syria?

Libya is objectively less fucked at the monent than Syria, that's a fact. Not that it's a standard to live up to but using Libya as an example of what COULD have happened in Syria is retarded as Syria is already an order of magnitude worse.
>>
>>51446581
>You are aware that there is an ongoing civil war in Libya, in which ISIS is a participant, right?
And Syria doesn't have that exact same thing with an exponentially higher body count?

Are you and I living in different realities anon?
>>
>>51444206
Iraq is blowing the fuck out of ISIS now with little thanks to US "aid"
Ramadi is on the brink
Assad is taking down the FSA and seems secure
seems the CIA plans are falling apart and the issue will work out.

the real issue are the Kurds who have basically used this to carve out their own state at the expense of everyone around them, and its only going to cause conflict with the Iraqi/Turkish/Syrian/Iranian government when this is over.
>>
>>51446648
Read the second part.
>>
>>51444206
>November 29, 2015
>The >Free >Syrian >Army still exists
>>
>>51444680
Christ I hope so
signing up for the military and I dread the idea of serving it out through peacetime.
>>
>>51446609
Stop smoking weed dude.
>>
>>51446579
Iran is a powerful force in the area. Is there any chance the shia government in Iraq will have success securing the territory?

>Saudis aren't united as it might seem at first, some branches and members of the royal family might support those who the Saudi King considers an enemy or rival
I have read about the Saudi royal family being a big mess, but they're still all extreme sunnis, like really orthodox, right? Why are they even seen as "allies" after all?

How about Egypt, don't they have a saying? They're active in the whole muslim brotherhood thing, but they don't seem to do a lot in political games.

Also aren't you afraid of living in the middle of that mess? lol
>>
>>51446684
Why? It's not a point and I could make the same one about Libya

Do you honestly think there's a possibility of an Assad victory at this point? Do you think 85% of his population, who are MUSLIM, are going to suddenly surrender?

He's already lost.

You will either have a neverending civil war or he will lose. Those are the only two realistic outcomes.
>>
>>51445902
>implying shia Iraq won't just be independent and a client state of Iran

the long term strategy in the middle east is basically to balkanize the region and break up all these shitty colonial states.
>>
>>51444206
When they fulfill Ra's al-Baghdadi's destiny
>>
>>51446159
also France is helping Russia
>>
>>51446777
To do what exactly? Russia isn't doing shit.
>>
>>51446331
>>51446392
>>51446396
Libya is a mess but not a lost cause, its already improved a lot after the civil war and the government is working effectively, there are even talks about brining back the monarchy in limited form.

really Libya will be fine in the long run, its just healing from its wounds atm.

Syria will be a total mess no matter what.
>>
>>51446792
moral support
>>
>>51446706
>They're active in the whole muslim brotherhood thing
After Morsi? I thought the military put the damper on that.
>>
>>51446706
There's strong Sunni-Shia animousity in Iraq.

Saddam cracked down the Shias pretty hard, so the post-Saddam US backed Shia government was looking to get back at Sunnis. In return the Sunni were looking for someone to fight for them too, which ISIS did. The local Sunni polulation support is what enabled ISIS to grow big so fast. The Iraqi gov was corrupted and inefficient, but with Iranian boots on Iraqi soil it supporting them they've got a fighting chance against ISIS.

From what I know, the Iranians massacare the Sunnis just as ISIS massacares the Shiites. So unless there will be a character akin for Saddam who will completely buttfuck the other side, I doubt the flames will calm any time soon, as the both groups are thirstly to revenge and "justice".

In Egypt the secular military with manages to hold the power for now, but things might change lightning fast.

Israel will be ok, we'll buttfuck any fucker be it Shia or Sunni who think that messing with us has no consequences.
>>
>>51444206
The Kurds are fucking ISIS's shit up in the Al-Hasakah province.
>>
look at that huge swath right up against the Turkish border

post the full map OP, I want to see how the grey part extends all the way to Ankara
>>
>>51444206
Never. Syria and Iraq need to be partitioned.
>>
i'm personally betting on russian hegemony
>>
>>51447122
That's a terrible bet considering all the Gulf States hate Russia.
>>
>>51445238
meanwhile their boyfriends are in Calais
>>
>>51447122
Literally upside down poland
>>
Israel is cancer and isis are metastasis of this cancer.
>>
>>51447152
>meanwhile their boyfriends are in Calais
kekd did you saw that video too?
>>
>>51446706
>Also aren't you afraid of living in the middle of that mess? lol
:^)
>>
>>51447148
better them than anyone else in the mix atm
>>
>>51447176
>>>/pol/
and/or
>>>/x/
>>
I don't know but I'm bored, they should change the scenario a bit.
>>
>>51447069
>From what I know, the Iranians massacare the Sunnis just as ISIS massacares the Shiites.
The Iranians have not once in the course of this war slaughtered Sunnis, and neither has the Iraqi government. The Sunnis have been responsible for almost all massacres. Don't think the two sects are equally violent.
> So unless there will be a character akin for Saddam who will completely buttfuck the other side, I doubt the flames will calm any time soon, as the both groups are thirstly to revenge and "justice".
Well we've seen in Syria that strongmen don't work great anymore. I think there needs to be some redrawing of borders.
>>
>>51446667
>getting routed by a force 1/15th of your size
>not being able to retake it for 6 months when it's only 40 miles from your fucking capitol

The only effective forces in the Middle-East are ISIS and Hezbollah.
>>
What is the possibility of the Kurds getting an officially recognised state?
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 547x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 547x768
>>51446792
>Russia isn't doing shit

Christmas came early to ISIS this year.
>>
File: zero.jpg (27 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
27 KB, 600x480
>>51447564
>>
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>51447564
Recognised by who? Russia? Maaybe. USA? Probably not. Turkey? No chance.
>>
>>51447595
Why? I know Turkey doens't want the Turkish part of their country getting cut out but surely Iraq and Syria which are hardly even country wouldn't mind losing the people that have been getting their shit in?
>>
>>51447273
There were actual reports of Iranians troops lashing out on Sunni civilians and maraudering Sunni territories. Might be a disinformation, but knowing how much they hate each other, and that fact that Iranian army isn't exactly the western type morals, I'd rather assume that they're doing whatever they want in Iraq, just less extreme when compared to ISIS, and without the bombastic videos.

Strongmen still works. Assad held well against West-backed rebel on his own for so long, it's almost what, six years? Once one side will know that the other can finish them off, the fighting will stop.
>>
>>51447273
>well we've seen in Syria that strong men don't work well anymore

Oh surely the rebels haven't been actively armed and trained by outside forces. That would be just preposterous and would ruin your theory!

I could say the exact same for "democracy", "freedom", and "western humanitarian intervention."

The Middle-east in 2000 was far more stable than it is now. Then 9/11 happened.
>>
>>51447651
Kurds are seen universally by Arabs in the region as land grabbers, heathens, and backstabbers.

That isn't far from the truth.

The Kurds aren't getting a state. Iraq won't let it happen. Assad won't let it happen. Turkey will just up the bombing campaign on the "terrorists".
The last thing Arabs want is more Kurds and more Kurdish land.
>>
>>51446579
What does Israel support?
>>
>>51447810
The current state of affairs.
>>
>>51447810
Hummus
>>
>>51447810
Isis
>>
>>51447810
Whatever it told us to do.
>>
File: nuclear deal.jpg (27 KB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
nuclear deal.jpg
27 KB, 320x237
>>51447893
not entirely
>>
>>51447912
They plan further than that.

We just announced increased aid to Israel and new F-35's. Obama signed it. They played us like a fiddle.
>>
>>51447810
At this point - no one. There was some medical assistence and intel exchange with Syrian rebels while it was considered cool, but same as when the West started pulling out it support of the rebels - Israel start cutting ties too.

IDF now focuses on not letting Hizballah receive Iranian support.
>>
>>51446159
>France, UK, Germany, etc don't support anyone
No, they are the biggest drivers(in the West) for the Syrian regime change
>>
>>51446548
>2015
>Armos still can't catch a break
I almost feel sorry for the little chewbaccas
>>
>>51447656
>There were actual reports of Iranians troops lashing out on Sunni civilians and maraudering Sunni territories. Might be a disinformation, but knowing how much they hate each other, and that fact that Iranian army isn't exactly the western type morals, I'd rather assume that they're doing whatever they want in Iraq, just less extreme when compared to ISIS, and without the bombastic videos.
I've never heard credible reports of such things happen. You probably saw tweets from @albaghdadi and @chaimsheckleberg trying to paint Iran in a bad light. Shia don't even come close to Sunnis' violent sectarianism.
>Strongmen still works. Assad held well against West-backed rebel on his own for so long, it's almost what, six years? Once one side will know that the other can finish them off, the fighting will stop.
The fact that over half the country fell out of his hands indicates the strongman doesn't work.
>>
>>51446694
biggest reason i don't join t-b-h

i see no honor in dying in the middle of a desert by some coward's IED for no good reason
>>
>>51448073
>The fact that over half the country fell out of his hands indicates the strongman doesn't work.
Gee, it's almost as if Syria is a smaller and weaker state than the opposition(Saudi Arabia) for reasons completely unrelated to the strongman
>>
File: 1441020547910.jpg (6 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1441020547910.jpg
6 KB, 244x250
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260645/us-didnt-create-isis-assad-and-saddam-did-daniel-greenfield

>People still believe America created ISIS.
>>
>>51448345
>useful idiots

stopped reading there
>>
>>51448391
>getting triggered this easily
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
>>
>>51447976
>F-35
>Of any value whatsoever
>>
>>51448345
The only people who created ISIS are Sunni Arabs. Not America, Assad, or Saddam.
>>
>>51448557
That is not the point. While being terrible a terrible aircraft, the F-35 costs an exorbitant amount of money to produce. Israel is getting F-35s at the American taxpayer's expense.
>>
Islam
>>
>>51448660
the f-35 is cute desu
>>
>>51448839
You seem like a high-test alpha
>>
Kurds are the biggest meme ethnicity here in Sweden at the moment. They are treated like the second coming of christ, and people from all different backgrounds are posting news about Kurdish military victories. Will be interesting to see how it plays out for them.
>>
30 years.
>>
>>51448557
>>51448660
why is the f-35 terrible exactly?

would have thought there was a vested interest in them not being shitty
>>
>>51448660
It's cheaper than the Rafale, Eurofighter, and Gripen NG. And it is better than the 3 planes it is designed to directly replace.
>>
>>51448660
>still in LRIP
>already cheaper than EF or Rafale
>Israel memeing
Take your meds, Pierre Sprey
>>
File: 1448696160236.png (2 KB, 179x139) Image search: [Google]
1448696160236.png
2 KB, 179x139
>>51449050
okay
>>
>>51448345
When people say US 'created' ISIS they don't mean the US directly founded ISIS, but US interventions in the area both caused the local populations to backlash against he West AND power vacuums caused by the removal of Middle Eastern governments allowed ISIS to actually grow and become relevant.
>>
File: Israel al Nusra.jpg (43 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Israel al Nusra.jpg
43 KB, 650x366
>>51448345
>http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260645/us-didnt-create-isis-assad-and-saddam-did-daniel-greenfield

There are two kinds of people that say Assad created ISIS:

1. Americans that are still asshurt over the failures of the Iraq war and are looking for someone to blame.

2. Neoconservatives trying to argue that the revolution started out (and still is! gimmie all your TOW missiles!) peaceful and secular despite the fact that you get the exact same type of violence in Nigeria and Libya, and that the Sunni Arabs that make up the anti-government protests were chanting "Sunnis to Damascus, Alawites to the Grave" and killing as many Christians, Druze and Kurds as they could get their hands on long before ISIS was even a thing.

>Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalist Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center

Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>51445675
You're so completely wrong. Constant war in the Middle East keeps populations HIGH, by ensuring poverty and thus a high birth-rate.

The amount of individuals who die is pretty minimal in the scheme of things.

If Syria and Iraq had time to stabilize, secularize, and develop, their populations would normalize.
>>
>>51445958
rude desu
>>
File: IMG_20150906_091328.jpg (68 KB, 600x263) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150906_091328.jpg
68 KB, 600x263
>>51446739

70% of Syrians support him. The "rebels" are all gone and he's fighting foreign terrorists disguised as rebels and isis simultaneously.

The rebels are basically terrorists anyway.
>>
>>51447737
This.

Kurds will just be used as puppets to backstab the enemies of Israel. Just like when they were Ottoman patsies
>>
>>51446159
One major problem is conflict of interest. Almost all of the world wants to destroy ISIS, but the US, Russia, Turkey, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, and Syria want different specific outcomes.

Iran would love to destroy ISIS in a way that ensured Iranian suzerainty over Iraq, while Turkey would love to destroy ISIS in a way that ensured Turkish suzerainity over Kurdistan and Syria.

The US, meanwhile, seeks to keep the pre-2011 borders intact and replace Assad with a western liberal Democrat, probably from a Sunni family to please the Saudis.

Russia wants to do whatever it can to maintain the current Syrian regime, because Syria is sort of Russia's Mediterranean port. Syria is very important to the Russian economy and military, and the main reason the US wants Assad to go is because this would weaken Russia.

Jordan, Iraq, and Syria just want things to stay the same. Their leaders hope to stay in power and they hope that ISIS will be destroyed.

The Kurds want independence, and one major faction seeks to establish a decentralized Anarcho-Communist state in Kurdistan. Their whole ideology is just "fuck off and leave us alone". As Communists, the Kurdistan Worker's Party are outwardly irreligious but have some hardcore Sunni members. I wouldn't be surprised if their constant battles against ISIS have weakened Islamist sympathy among the Kurds.
>>
>>51444906
I don't see it
>>
>>51448878
i actually am. how'd you know?
>>
When we nuke the shit out of the sand monkeys
>>
>>51447152
boyfriends are haram tho
>>
>>51447912
based Obama
>>
>>51449856

Sounds great desu
>>
Communism
>>
>>51448999
im not a military expert at all, but some problems
>single engine
>jack of all trades, master of none
>shit payload for a "bomber"
>unproven dogfighter
>majority of cunts buying f35s dont need "stealth" fighter jets
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (315 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
315 KB, 1280x720
>>51445831
>Lets just wipe out 1 billion people
>>
>>51450569
if you take them and india out at the same time, youve literally solved earths overpopulation issues and nobody will notice a difference.
>>
>>51450633
Let's take out China as well then.

Then we wouldn't have to deal with you insufferable leaf gooks.
>>
>>51444906
My fucking sides
>>
>>51450633
But we'd miss out of their scientific and cultural contributions to the world.
>>
File: 1443022664645.jpg (131 KB, 566x596) Image search: [Google]
1443022664645.jpg
131 KB, 566x596
>>51448345
>>
>>51450718
there would be a difference though because the worlds cheap manufacturing sector would get fucked.
nice meme though pedro.
>>
>>51450864
>OH NO, the price of pencils has gone up by 10 cents!
>Time to move that factory to Indonesia!

And nothing of value would have been lost. World is now a cleaner and better place.
>>
>>51450864
but mudshits have been wiped out.
indonesia also doesnt have the infrastructure in place to fill chinas shoes.
>>
File: train_1954293a.jpg (98 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
train_1954293a.jpg
98 KB, 620x388
>>51450987
>Chinese infastructure

Literally monkey tier.
>>
>>51450806
Lol that Al-Nusra, not ISIS. Yeah they're both horrible jihadists but not the same. Also, the U.S. didn't want Division 30 to do that. That project was an absolute failure, but the New Syrian Forces, a new rebel group (not terrorists) being trained by the U.S. looks promising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Syrian_Forces

They are a part of the Syrian Democratic Forces, which is honestly the most honorable coalition in Syria at this point in the war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Democratic_Forces
>>
>>51451090
things like that have happened in France, Germany, and Canada as well
>>
File: Selection_019.png (65 KB, 1144x233) Image search: [Google]
Selection_019.png
65 KB, 1144x233
>>51451190
You ever built a dam so shitty it broke and killed +170k people?
>>
>>51451257
Go back to b
>>
File: 1448193684117.png (877 KB, 1120x825) Image search: [Google]
1448193684117.png
877 KB, 1120x825
>>51451269
>t. Muhammad
>>
>>51451257
wow rude

>>>/b/abby's first /b/oard
>>
File: 1447820819954.jpg (482 KB, 1500x884) Image search: [Google]
1447820819954.jpg
482 KB, 1500x884
>>51451304
BBC three

please stop, it's too painful
>>
File: ap_ruth_ginsburg_090205_mn[2].jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ap_ruth_ginsburg_090205_mn[2].jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>51451304
>state TV actively promoting race mixing
>>
>>51451257
i remain unphased
>>
File: BRITISH_TELEVISION.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BRITISH_TELEVISION.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
>>51451396
>please stop, it's too painful

BBC will never give up!
>>
>>51444906
Cannot unsee
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.