[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done watching the godfather, is this what Italians are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_t9mjeqck.jpg (28 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
4L_t9mjeqck.jpg
28 KB, 279x402
Just got done watching the godfather, is this what Italians are actually like?
>>
>>51172361
Yes.
>>
>Just got done watching the godfather
Underageb&
>>
>>51172393
Not everyone was a movie nerd growing up, I'm just getting around to watching some classics.
>>
>>51172361
I remember reading that the mafia actually created their honor code AFTER the movie because they got inspired and before they were just thugs. It might be bullshit though.
>>
>>51172393
I've watched lots of oldies and arthouse films, but I've never seen the Godfather.

>>51172471
There is a human tendency to romanticize the past. With regards to criminals and gangsters, we like to think that "back then even criminals had a code."

Films like "M" portray this idea.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsVproWjN6c
>When the police in a German city are unable to catch a child-murderer, other criminals join in the manhunt.
>>
>>51172431

You should watch Speed next.
>>
in related news:

http://nypost.com/2015/11/23/the-mafia-is-prepared-to-protect-new-york-city-from-isis/
>>
>>51172805
What's it about? I'm trying to watch movies off the IMDB top 250 list right now.
>>
>>51172838
It's obvious he wants to gain supporters and make people less likely to rat on them in case they witness something because ''hey they are against ISIS so they aren't THAT bad right?''
>>
>>51172361

Godfather part 2 is even better.
>>
>>51173005
I've heard. Can't wait to watch it. Fucking ISP contacted me about torrenting gotta start paying for a VPN.
>>
>>51172361
Yes Italians are the absolute worse
>>
>>51173005
This
I was pleasantly surprised how much better part 2 was.
I won't fucking touch the 3rd part though
>>
>>51173005
>>51173290
>>51176793

I still preferred 1. Classic 40's/50's atmosphere, more laid-back, less angst, vintage gangster action and a fantastic climax scene.

2 was very good but it was kind of depressing, Michael kills everyone and his wife is a whore.

3 isn't terrible, it isn't artistic but it's an iteration.
>>
>>51172361
this movie was pretty shit iibhwayl (if im being honest with all you lads)
>>
>>51172361
No, the mafia only accounts for 40% of Italian Americans. The Godfather perpetuated an unfair stereotype that dogged the 1% of honest Italians for decades.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.