[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (237 KB, 502x434) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
237 KB, 502x434
>But yoga comes from India, once a British colony. And now, at one Canadian university, a yoga class designed to include disabled students has been canceled after concerns the practice was taken from a culture that “experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy,” according to the group that once sponsored it.

>“I think that our centre agreed … that while yoga is a really great idea, accessible and great for students, that there are cultural issues of implication involved in the practice,” the response read. “I have heard from a couple students and volunteers that feel uncomfortable with how we are doing yoga while we claim to be inclusive at the same time.”

Just a race to the bottom now, isn't it?

>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/23/university-yoga-class-canceled-because-of-oppression-cultural-genocide/?tid=sm_fb
>>
I often wonder what it would be like for a white Slav (>Slavs >white yeah yeah) male such as myself to attend one of these universities.

Would these people take my side if I started crying about oppression and whatnot?
>>
>>51169615
if you are white you are the oppressor and privileged to these people, no matter what
>>
>>51169718
What if im a white argentinian?
>>
remember when lefties used to preach that diversity would make us better and we should embrace other cultures and share the best things to offer

how did that change into oops wait no that's evil cultural appropriation stop being a shitlord
>>
>>51169718
but I'm a Slav. we wuz oppressed and shit
>>
>>51169403
>Liberal arts students at universities being retarded
Wow that's a surprise!
>>
Can anyone please remind me what year it is?
>>
>>51169615
You're a muslim so you could claim to be a PoC
>>
Honestly, it is stupid how white people have to take a cultural practice like yoga with a deep spiritual, philosophical and religious component and turn it into hollow exercises for middle aged soccer moms.

Like, why? If all white people want to do is stretch, then why not hold "Stretchercises"? Why the hell do you need to appropriate yoga?

>>51169793

Big difference between cultural sharing and cultural stealing. Most yoga classes in North American are taught by white women and are pretty much warped beyond all recognition of the original yoga. If you really wanted to SHARE the culture you would actually take the time to study yoga instead of just literally go through physical motions detatched of their greater meaning.
>>
>>51170514
t. Bineesh
>>
>>51169615
No, you're white, so fuck you, all white people have the same background.
>>
File: 1440268328631.jpg (110 KB, 800x612) Image search: [Google]
1440268328631.jpg
110 KB, 800x612
>>51169403
>mfw this will probably just cause UoT, York University and McGill to one up each other in terms of political correctness
>mfw McGill students protested the Rememberance Day events here due to complaints that the wars were imperialist
>mfw student groups and unions in general

Well... at least I don't see any #blacklivesmatter people here.
>>
>>51170514

Can you poo in loo?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.