[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infantry Fighting Vehicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: m2_bradley_l7.jpg (350 KB, 1024x850) Image search: [Google]
m2_bradley_l7.jpg
350 KB, 1024x850
Tell me about IFVs. What is the best IFV in the world? Is the Bradley bad as portrayed in Pentagon Wars?
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>51161202
Single roadside bomb would kill those soldiers and rip them to pieces. That's how bad Bradleys are.
>>
An infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), or mechanized infantry combat vehicle (MICV), is a type of armoured fighting vehicle used to carry infantry into battle and provide direct fire support. The Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe defines an infantry fighting vehicle as "an armoured combat vehicle which is designed and equipped primarily to transport a combat infantry squad, which is armed with an integral or organic cannon of at least 20 millimeters calibre and sometimes an antitank missile launcher."

Infantry fighting vehicles are distinct from armoured personnel carriers (APCs), which are transport vehicles armed only for self-defense and not specifically engineered to fight on their own. Consequently, they possess heavier armament and the attached rifle squad fights mounted more often than in an APC. IFVs also often have improved armour and some have ports which allow the infantry to fire personal weapons while on board.

They are typically armed with a 20 to 40 mm caliber autocannon, a coaxial machine gun and sometimes anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs). IFVs are usually tracked, but there are some wheeled vehicles too. IFVs are much less heavily armed and protected than main battle tanks, but when equipped with larger cannon or ATGMs may pose a significant threat to all but the heaviest armoured fighting vehicles.
>>
>>51161202

The Bradley did perfectly fine in Iraq, if that's what you're asking. It killed more Iraq Tanks than the Abrams.
>>
File: kawaii sisu xa-180 ^_.png (1 MB, 817x590) Image search: [Google]
kawaii sisu xa-180 ^_.png
1 MB, 817x590
The Patria AMV is the best IFV in the world

However have a Pasi
>>
>>51162895
The Patria AMV is not really an IFV though, I mean sure it can be used in that capacity but it lacks tracks to be a proper all terrain vehicle that can work with tanks.
>>
File: cv90.jpg (195 KB, 1366x911) Image search: [Google]
cv90.jpg
195 KB, 1366x911
The newly upgraded family of Norwegian CV90s are arguably the best in the world right now. I know other countries have CV90s and Sweden produce the originals, but ours have recently gotten a ton of new norwegian military tech installed and various upgrades. They are at least the most advanced CV90 out there.
>>
>>51161202
>Pentagon Wars

Wasn't that a comedy? I never saw it, but the Bradley did fine in the Gulf War and the latest shit, but probably not the best out there right now.
>>
>>51162895
Those are APCs. CV90 is the IFV that finnish army uses
>>
File: cv90.webm (3 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
cv90.webm
3 MB, 840x472
CV90 MASTER RACE
>>
>>51163268
i like the norwegian version with the piloted autoturret, but i feel the 40mm gun could be better for it
>>
File: '.jpg (38 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
38 KB, 327x316
>mfw I might get to drive a CV90
>>
File: 1403214792533.jpg (54 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1403214792533.jpg
54 KB, 645x773
>>51166605
have fun bro,
maybe me too if things work out for once in my life
>>
File: vctp_l3.jpg (149 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
vctp_l3.jpg
149 KB, 800x564
argentina's TAM VCTP is pretty nice.
>>
File: Puma,_first_series[1].jpg (920 KB, 1648x1267) Image search: [Google]
Puma,_first_series[1].jpg
920 KB, 1648x1267
Our Puma turned out quiete well.
>>
>>51163959
this desu
bradleys just get stuck
>>
>>51168908
Kinda risky to have your army's entire armored vehicle fleet in one place like that m8
>>
I'm thinking of signing up for the Armour in my country

anyone else served in Armoured?
either that, Artillery or some other trade, I want to go for combat arms but the more technical ones pay better and have more post-service use.
>>
>>51169175
Artillery is bad for your hearing
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELVO_Kentaurus
>>
>>51169111
Most is in long-time storage in those old nazi bunkers. 1000 Leopard 1 and Marder IFV are still a capable fightig force. But yes, the newer versions of Leopard 2 and Puma are in too small numbers.
>>
>>51169175
Armoured recce or armour with danks :DDD?

Either way it's less walking than infantry, I know some guys in armoured regiments
>>
File: 1442769370708.jpg (325 KB, 918x1052) Image search: [Google]
1442769370708.jpg
325 KB, 918x1052
>>51169278
Why spend that money if we dont use them anyways?
>>
>>51169175
I always thought combat engineers was a cool job
>>
>>51169302
recce most likely but I won't have to decide until much latter desu
Canadian armour strategy really doesn't put much emphasis on tanks at all anymore to the point that tankers are a dying breed and they have to bring in old retired guys to teach them.
>>
>>51169343
this is my other thought, good middle ground between sitting in an office at a computer and being out in the muck.
plus I want a good fallback skill since my degree alone isn't that useful desu.

my parents are mad at me though when I mentioned about liking the Armour lol
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.