[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do non-Americans always have to cherrypick and omit facts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Thomas_Edison.jpg (127 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Edison.jpg
127 KB, 768x432
Why do non-Americans always have to cherrypick and omit facts when they say the US hasn't contributed anything of note to science?
>>
because Americans are so fucking stupid that when an actual intellectual with American citizenship does something it's feels wrong and impossible
>>
>>51104882
I have never heard anyone say that. Is this one if your narcissistic persecution fantasies again?
>>
>>51104882

You have 300 million people, it's not suprising that you actually have some people who can invent. What's more surprising is Israel.
>>
>>51104948
So it triggers them like feminists get triggered when they hear the word 'rape'? Got it.
>>
AGGRESSIVE REMINDER THAT IF YOUR COUNTRY HAS NOT LANDED ON THE MOON IT'S PRETTY MUCH A NON-COUNTRY
>>
>>51104882
The same thing happens with American culture. It's everywhere. People grow up with American culture and they're so used to it that they say "America has no culture."
Bullshit. America has culture. It's just that everyone consumes it on a daily basis.
>>
>>51105017
>>51105182
get a load of this circlejerk

>>51104882
no, USA really contributes something incredibly important to science:
they put the money
thanks for that USA
>>
>>51105336
>best universities in the world
>most popular film, movies, and music
>dominant culture

Just be happy we aren't playing soccer seriously. If black kids in ghettos grow up playing soccer, the U.S. would be #1 in that also.
>>
>>51105539
yeah because black people are so good at football in other countries lol
>>
>>51105740
They make up the majority of European football teams...
>>
>>51105791
lol no they don't
all the goats are white anyway
>>
>>51105182
>everyone consumes
you are delusional
>>
>>51105539
>America
>culture
>>
>>51106091
Blues
Jazz
Funk
Soul
Classic Rock
Action movies
Comedies
Almost every part of major pop culture has come from America.

>>51105740
Black americans rarely play soccer much less go pro. The most talented black athletes are in football and basketball. If Michael Jordan, Kobe, etc. grew up playing soccer, the U.S. would win almost every world cup.
>>
>America
>science
>>
>>51106341
That's not culture, that's a bubble gum.
Cheap, easy to get and fast to chew.
>>
>>51106341
>Comedies

Fucking seriously? Greeks had them when you were playing cowboys and indians without the cowboys.
>>
I'm pretty sure we could also dominate Rugby:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P6TwZlh6A
>>
>>51106612
I'm talking about the modern tv or movie comedy. Not literature.
>>51106442
If it's easy then why does every country chew American gum? Shouldn't they have their own Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and what not?

>>51106613
Europeans should be happy our athletes are contained by basketball and football.
>>
>>51104882

Nobody says that, nice strawman m8.
>>
>>51104882
How else are we to shitpost?
>>
>>51105833
brazilians are not white though
even Germany has Boateng
where's your Mourin--i mean, God now?

>>51106442
i think he's implying that
mass production goods & entertainment = "american culture"
on the other hand, USA is a fake country. there are cultures in USA, but there is no national culture
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.