[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /int Everyone is do eager to Terraform other planets, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: The Alpha Works.jpg (915 KB, 2048x1588) Image search: [Google]
The Alpha Works.jpg
915 KB, 2048x1588
So /int

Everyone is do eager to Terraform other planets, but why not Terraform the parts of Earth that no one lives in?

How many centuries until we completely strip the red areas of all their resources, excavate the entire areas and build kilometre deep basins, then build canals going to Antarctica. We then melt Antarctica and create oceans of fresh water

>Never have water shortages
>Could easily fit billions of people in the areas surrounding the new oceans
>Could fit a billion people on the land underneath Antarctica
>Rest of the world isn't threatened by rising Sea levels anymore
>Vast amounts of valuable resources could be used for Space fleets and contained cities that orbit earth
>Vast amounts of useless resources could be used to create mountains surrounding the Oceans
>>
>>51090072
There are 180 million people in Bangladesh, Auslard.
>>
>>51090259
merely organic matter for the terraforming
grind em up as fertilizer
>>
>>51090072
With all these genetically modified food I'm surprised that nobody came up with a tree that can thrive on salt water. I'm sure rich desert cunt like Saudi Arabia would be very interested to turn their deserts into forests
>>
>>51090072
>We then melt Antarctica
what could go wrong
>>
File: 09_atlantropa800.jpg (126 KB, 800x634) Image search: [Google]
09_atlantropa800.jpg
126 KB, 800x634
>>51090072
Your post reminds me of the Atlantropa project. It sounded pretty cool but you just can't change the face of our earth as you like, every bigger project would cause enormous reactions in terms of climate.
>>
>>51090072
>why not Terraform the parts of Earth that no one lives in?
Sooooooo do wht we've been doing then?

Ok.

Those forests didn't cut themselves down you know.
>>
File: mfw.gif (1005 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1005 KB, 500x501
>this thread

what the fuck australia?
>>
>>51091154
That would be stupid because you'd need the African countries to organise themselves effectively. A geoformation of outback Australia, however, could definitely be done and quite likely will be in our lifetimes.
>>
File: 1445281326110.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1445281326110.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
>>51091324
>That would be stupid because you'd need the African countries to organise themselves effectively.

Read your own sentence and think about it. It does not make sense.
>>
>>51091395
Actually it does make sense. I understand you've been trained to find any sentence with even potentially racist or potentially anti-immigrant content in it incomprehensible, but that sentence is actually both grammatical and logical. For your sakes, though, I can try German grammar: An Atlantropa project that on African infrastructure depended, would the complicity of the African states' organisational bodies require, and it such complicity, to any efficient/sufficient extent, would get not.
>>
File: Cerrado_ecoregion.jpg (100 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Cerrado_ecoregion.jpg
100 KB, 400x300
Brazil has been terraforming its interior (for farming). A long, industrial-scale process performed for about a century already.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.