[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name 1 Shia Islam motivated terror attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 720x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 720x650
Name 1 Shia Islam motivated terror attack
>>
How much time have you got
>>
>>51089466
Suicide bombings all over Iraq. Both sides do it.
>>
>>51089482
>Shia Islam
>Suicide bombings

Nice taqqiya
>>
>>51089466
killing innocent people without blowing yourself up is still considered a terror attack
>>
>>51089466

Sikhs are pretty bro tier tbH
>>
>>51089495
There have been tons of Shia cars bombs in Baghdad. Suicide or not, it doesn't matter for this thread.
>>
1983, beirut
>>
Shias = Catholics desu
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#Alleged_suicide_and_terror_attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

https://www.rt.com/news/182184-iraq-shia-sunni-shooting/
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 533x477
>>51089712
>alleged
>>
>this shia diaspora shilling
>>
>>51089466
Amia.....
>>
>>51089466
Actually Shias were known as the global face of terrorism just after the revolution in Iran. Things have obviously changed since then, but there are still attacks in the Middle East. You know Hezbollah right?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Burgas_bus_bombing

Fuck off Reza.
>>
File: 1392337339873.jpg (34 KB, 370x400) Image search: [Google]
1392337339873.jpg
34 KB, 370x400
Shi'a here. Both sides are guilty of terrorism, but even if you take into account the Shi'a's smaller numbers, they are guilty of far less actual terrorist attacks.

Hezbollah blowing up IDF tanks with suicide bombers or assassinated political opponents is hardly what I'd call "terrorism" in the strict sense of the term. And in most cases, organized groups like Hezbollah are careful to avoid too many civilian casualties (or at least make sure that if they have been, they aren't really blamed solely for it or that nobody can prove it).

Iraq is a different story. I wouldn't call Shi'ites do there "terrorism" either. It's more like just staight eye for an eye tribal shit or just ordinary warfare.

Sunni and Wahabi Islamist groups' activities tend to fit better the profile of "terrorism" because generally speaking, their main goal is to strike terror into as many people as they can in order to scare them into submission.

Shi'ite political assassinations aren't really meant to "terrorize" anybody, just get certain people out of the way of their respective organization. The kind of fighting between Iraqi Sunnis and Shi'ites goes beyond "terrorism" because nobody's trying to SCARE anyone. It's more of the politics of revenge and honor. A lot of Shi'a in Iraq feel that the attacks they may unleash on Sunnis are what the Sunnis deserve for some wrong they feel the Sunnis have done them and it just escalates from there.

tl;dr, Shi'ite ARE guilty of less actual terrorism and what terrorism they do is more calculated and like the kind of terrorism supposedly more civilized countries are guilty of in their attempts to advance their political objectives. But that doesn't mean they are all innocent of killing Sunnis or non-Sunnis in cold blood (see Iraq now, Lebanese Civil War, Baluchistan etc.)
>>
i didnt know canada had persians.
>>
>>51090999
north vancouver = little tehran
>>
lindt cafe
>>
>>51091365
Monis became a Sunni not long before it.
>>
File: dont-screw-the-ayatollah-04.jpg (75 KB, 566x416) Image search: [Google]
dont-screw-the-ayatollah-04.jpg
75 KB, 566x416
>>51089516
>>51089545
>>51089569
>>51089712
>>51090076

>killing sunni dogs
>terror
try again
>>
>>51089952
not the burgas :DDD
>>
>>51089466
all look same desu
>>
>>51091574

While I don't like Sunnis very much, I don't think killing women and children is a good policy, even if they've killed yours.
>>
File: 1441477641245.jpg (45 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1441477641245.jpg
45 KB, 800x400
>There are people who STILL have not accepted the Dawah of Shia Islam.
>Not realizing Shia Islam is the closest to the original teachings of Muhammad (pbuh), Allah and Ali
>Not being a Twelver
>Not being the sword of Hussein.

Redditor Sunnis OUT

YA ZAINAB

YA ALI

YA NASRALLAH
>>
>>51092046

I do feel like Sunnism is kind of dying or at least morphing into something worse than it has been for the last 1400 years.
>>
>>51092046
Tell me the differences between sunni, shia and ibadi pls, i've beet wondering for a long time and the only thing i got is that sunnis and shias argue over the succession of the caliph. And also that shias wear turbans and big beards and sunnis wear those ugly tiny hats and have ugly beard+no moustache style.
>>
File: calligraphic lion.jpg (28 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
calligraphic lion.jpg
28 KB, 400x319
>>51092357

In short:

Muhammad dies, squabble over his successor.

Sunnis: The Prophet didn't explicitly designate a successor and left it up to the consensus of the community. After Muhammad, there are at least four legitimate, rightly guided caliphs (successors) to be taken as models of emulation.

Shi'ites: Allah through Muhammad designated his son in law and cousin Ali ibn Abu Talib as the only legitimate caliph (the fourth for Sunnis) and the caliphate and "imamate" passes down by way of divine appointments to certain members of Ali and Muhammad's daughter's progeny, who, like Ali, are known as Imams who possess absolute religious and political authority. Ismaili Shi'a believe in a succession of Imams from Ali down to present time, Twelvers [the majority] believe in Twelve with the Twelfth being the foretold savior of the world who was taken into hiding and has lived from the 10th century til now awaiting his return. Zaydis are the smallest and are closer to Sunnis but give a certain primacy to Ali [it's complicated].

Ibadi: accept the first two Sunni caliphs, reject the third Sunni caliph, believe Ali was an imperfect caliph who proved himself unworthy of the caliphate by trying to arbitrate a peace agreement with the Umayyad dynasty. They come from the same group of people that the Kharijite sect (who assassinated Ali for this very reason) came from, but they aren't Kharijites and these days are on good terms with the Shi'ites in Yemen and Iran. Some of their law is sort of like Shi'a too apparently.

Sufis: refers to a wide variety of mystical found primarily within the Sunni tradition but there are also many Shi'a who are members of Sufi organizations or consider themselves "on the path" or "gnostics". Sufis believe in developing a closer relationship with God based on esoteric knowledge and a pure, unadulterated sense of love. Both Sunni and Shi'a Sufis believe that Ali is the chief discloser of Muhammad's esoteric knowledge of God.
>>
>>51093012
Interesting, thank you. But what about modern differences that have developed since then? In culture and law and tradition and whatnot?
>>
>>51092188
that's because you think Sunni = Salafi
The mezhebs have sub-sects themselves, "schools" as we call it. Sunni has Salafi, Şafi, Hanafi and others, Shia has İsmaili, Caferi, Twelwer, Alevi and others. These are all very different. To help you understand: If you don't differentiate between these schools you consider an ISIS suicide bomber and a Kyrgyz horse shepherd the same.
>>
File: 1447542188370.png (591 KB, 1600x808) Image search: [Google]
1447542188370.png
591 KB, 1600x808
>>
File: 1411811060410.jpg (74 KB, 607x602) Image search: [Google]
1411811060410.jpg
74 KB, 607x602
>>51093141

Well, you have the Wahabi and Salafi movements, which are ultimately opposed to ALL of them, but is grounded in the Sunni tradition and attempts to lay claim to being the "real Sunnis" or "just pure Muslims". They're very puritanical and most of the violence today committed in the name of Islam is usually the work of them in some fashion, which is usually directed towards other Muslims including many Sunnis they don't find pure enough in their practice. They're sort of like really hardcore Calvinists: reformist, excessively iconoclastic, follow a rigid legalism and tend to oppose traditional mysticism and philosophy and obsessed with pointing out and attacking every "innovation" they can find in others. Most of them though are NOT involved in any violence, that's what people need to remember. Most of them are good people just trying to follow the religion they believe in, however wrong others might feel it is. I don't like them, but these days I've been trying not to judge every one I meet or lash out at them if they don't understand me. Wahabis are mostly backed by Saudi money and compete with the more Orthodox Sunni centers

You also have the fundamentalist Shi'ite groups, usually associated with the Revolution in Iran. They tend to be more left leaning, even Khomeini was kind of a social justice warrior imho. But they're kind of like Islamic commies.

I don't know much about Ibadis to say what's changed in their society.

Sufis can be divided between three major groups: those who are more like the ordinary Muslims around them but with a slight mystical bent, Sufis who consider themselves real Muslims but are kind of antinomian and border on separate sects and new age Sufis mostly centered in California who want to divorce Sufism from Islam in some way. Within the first two, they are varying degrees of Sunni/Shi'ite affiliation.

There's also the more modern fringe groups like Ahmadiyya, Nation of Islam, 5 Percenters, etc.
>>
Shias are bro tier
>>
File: 187726276396.jpg (370 KB, 1592x726) Image search: [Google]
187726276396.jpg
370 KB, 1592x726
>>51089952
>Burgas
>>
File: jAyHtSV.png (64 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
jAyHtSV.png
64 KB, 395x578
>>51089482
>Both sides do it.
only sunnis
>>
>>51089545
>There have been tons of Shia cars bombs in Baghdad. Suicide or not, it doesn't matter for this thread.
no there's not
mention one carbomb that exploded in a sunni neighborhood
sit down kid
>>
Sunnis have to resort to dirty tactics because they don't get the same morale bonus.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Burgas_bus_bombing
>>
>>51095726
shhhhh
sleep now sunni scum
it'll be over soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHxMnpQojiM
>>
>>51095871
Mossad aren't shia muslim.
>>
>Being shia

>Not being Alevi
>>
>>51093370
Where is /r9k/ on that list
>>
>>51096135
>being a kürt who follows Turkic traditions blended with an Arabic religion
topkuk
>>
Didn't read the thread but bombing or killing US terrorists isn't terrorism. It's an act of self-defence and noble resistance.
>>
>>51095619
>>51095677
>>51095873
>this much Taqqiya
milad reza pls
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.