[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys, right now I am doing study abroad in America and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 320x400
Hello guys, right now I am doing study abroad in America and have problems about English

Sometimes my roommate will say these things and I do not know what it means?

"You're doing fine"
"That's cheap"
"Money" he just says this very loud sometimes
There are also others

Also when I speak my accent is very bad, how do I fix this? And how do you know what is the right pronunciation of words?
>>
>>51080871
MONEY
>>
>>51080961
Haha yes
>>
>>51080871
MONEY
>>
>>51080871
Where are you from?

MONEY
>>
"you're doing fine" that basically means he is not bothered by your level of english and to keep practicing with him

"that's cheap" unfair

"money" lool, that just means "yes!" or "nice!"

fix your accent by speaking english more
>>
>>51080871
Firstly, what country are you from and what's your native language? Secondly, can you give some context for the phrases you're having trouble with?
>how do you know what is the right pronunciation of words?
Just look it up on the internet. Most Wiktionary entries have the pronunciation in IPA and/or audio. If you don't know IPA you should learn it, it doesn't take long. Otherwise you can type a word in google translate and it will give you audio for it, though it gives a pretty weird robotic voice.
>>
>>51080871
>You're doing fine
"The actions which you are presently undertaking are satisfactory"
Or
"Your present condition is good. "

> That's cheap
"That price is low."
Or
"That is unfair."

>Money
CA$H MONEY MUHFUGGA
A
$
H

M
O
N
E
Y
>>
>>51080871
>"Money" he just says this very loud sometimes

Reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZH_21AeF0A
>>
File: Hey.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
Hey.jpg
500 KB, 1280x1707
>>51080961
>>51081130
>>51081168
You're doing fine
>>
>>51080871
Here only black people say MONEY in that sense, though "easy money" is commonly said when something is easy.

You should start using the expression "that's so computers" when something is nice
>>
File: mydick.jpg (75 KB, 780x487) Image search: [Google]
mydick.jpg
75 KB, 780x487
>>51081340
>You should start using the expression "that's so computers" when something is nice
That's cheap
>>
>>51081340
>You should start using the expression "that's so computers" when something is nice
MONEY
>>
>>51081416
You're doing fine
>>
>>51081272
>"That is unfair."
Is that literally what Burgers mean they say that? Not 'that's [a] low [thing to do]'?
>>
>>51081383
>That's cheap
You're doing fine
>>
>>51081497
You'd be more likely to hear "That was a low blow" than "That's low", but it's all the same.
>>
>>51081497
>Is that literally what Burgers mean they say that?
Money
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.