[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to visit India without getting food poisoned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: india.png (19 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
india.png
19 KB, 900x600
Is it possible to visit India without getting food poisoned? Is the country really as dirty as people say or are they exaggerating? I heard that food poisoning is inevitable.
>>
>>51055306
DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS
>>
>>51055306
Not just the food.

http://screencrush.com/movie-myths-9/

"True! Harrison Ford had been ill with Dysentery for several days while shooting 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' with director Steven Spielberg

Read More: Movie Myths: Did Harrison Ford's Dysentery Inspire the Best Scene in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'? | http://screencrush.com/movie-myths-9/?trackback=tsmclip"
>>
>>51055306
>be snow nigger
>can't handle some bacteria

Weak lad.
>>
>>51055559
I would expect this shit (literally) from India or Thailand but common Singapore, you're supposed to be better than that.
>>
>>51055559

Just have to throw it out there, but when I was in Singapore I ate one of the best burgers in my life.
>>
>>51055819
what was his name? i think i remember you
>>
>>51055306
Avoid street food at all costs. If you stick to the tourist places for food, you should be fine.
>>
>>51055819
>implying a Swede knows anything about burgers

and where did this "best burger" come from? It probably had mayo on it. . .
>>
>>51055935
Shut the fuck up. American burgers are literally worse than here in Sweden. I've been in 13 different US states so I know what your country has to offer.
>>
>>51056342
SO it did have mayo. Fag detected.
>>
File: DSC_0018.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0018.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>51055819
Singapore has the best of every cuisine if you can afford it,
also wouldn't recommend lesser known, shabby looking stalls in the food courts if you're having a weak stomach.

Check for the lines/queue, the longest queue usually has the best food.

>pic related, pulled pork barbecue and some based chicken sausages.
>>
>>51055306
I went there and I wasn't food poisoned. My sister was tho
>>
>>51055306
You had better buy mineral water and eat the curry which the heated by fire.
At least you will do not die
>>
>>51056520
>mention burgers
>burger immediately gets triggered

Is this a meme?
>>
>>51056703
>heated by fire
Really? That is interesting.

I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean that it is just spicy then yes bottled water would be a good idea.
>>
File: 1447193314295.jpg (234 KB, 994x631) Image search: [Google]
1447193314295.jpg
234 KB, 994x631
>>
>>51055306
>Viking ancestors
>get keked by a little bacteria

baka senpai desu
>>
File: 1446863554781.png (523 KB, 650x632) Image search: [Google]
1446863554781.png
523 KB, 650x632
>>51056983
>>
>>51056904
>girls don't have access to separate toilets
Jesus Christ, who the fuck cares. Neither did girls in my schools until I got to uni.
>>
>>51056799
I mean bacteria die of a temperature
Spicy doesn't mater.Bacteria do not die with the spice.
>>
>>51057090
Heh
>>
>>51055306
>Is it possible to visit India without getting food poisoned?
No.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/delhi-chaat-lovers-beware-your-favorite-street-food-contains-fecal-matter-2269030.html
>>
>>51057096
>I thought the same thing

Won't somebody please think of the poor wimmenz girlish dignity?!
>>
It's exaggerated. I bought chocolate ice-cream from a street vendor in Delhi and didn't get sick. I went to a Pizza Hut outside of Delhi and didn't get sick. I ordered dumplings from this one restaurant and didn't get sick. I ate some KFC at a mall and didn't get sick. I ate some butter chicken from this tiny little restaurant and didn't get sick. I went to this one up scale restaurant at a hotel and ate lots of different stuff and didn't get sick. I think you'll be okay. They are parts of India that are dirty sure, but the clean parts, of which there are many, are like OCD levels of clean.
>>
>>51056520

It didn't, that guy your talking to is not me.
>>
if you're an idiot, you'll fall sick. just eat at clean places
>>
>>51056531
Damn that looks good.
>>
>>51055306
Jag har varit här i en månad och inte blivit magsjuk. Många kekholmare här blir dock sjuka för att dom inte är vana med icke steriliserade miljöer.
>>
>>51057096
To be fair, that's because your country has the "muh gender equality" bullshit. Why India doesn't have them is up in the air though.

Horseshoe theory at its finest.
>>
File: 1441139126664.jpg (185 KB, 680x751) Image search: [Google]
1441139126664.jpg
185 KB, 680x751
>>51055306
You will eat poo, try not to think about it.
>>
If you have money to spend on nice accommodations and you're totally non-adventurous with food, you'll be fine.

Also, it's important to make the distinction that getting the shits doesn't necessarily mean what you ate was bad or otherwise contaminated; if you start eating food that previously was just alien to your gut your gut will have to adjust, similarly as if you don't eat beef or milk and suddenly you're having cheeseburgers.

>>51061451

Pretty much any food you eat anywhere is going to be contaminated by fecal coliforms if the food has been in contact with open air long enough. That's just sensationalism from the daily mail. If hygiene standards were so low they made everyone sick, the vendors wouldn't have regular customers. The cause of food going bad is often very hot and humid climate more than anything else.
>>
>>51055344
You're a complete moron.

Temple of Doom was shot in India, not raiders.

Also, this was several decades ago.
>>
Avoid local foods from street vendors, always stay in legal hotels/motels. Do not try to stay in rural area among the villagers. Avoid going out at night unless you have to. Do not try take a different route other than what have been told by your travel agent. Do be very careful of where you are and watch your surroundings. Acid throwers and rapists are not a joke in India. It happens almost every day. Doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman.
>>
>>51055306

/trv/fag here.

I lived in India for a while and have been there about a half dozen times in the past two and a half years. While it is a very interesting country and well worth visiting, I do tell most people who are planning to go that they should expect to get sick at least once.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.