[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can be the drone a weapon of the terrorists? For example, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: DRONE.jpg (313 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DRONE.jpg
313 KB, 2000x1000
Can be the drone a weapon of the terrorists?
For example, the drone which has a time bomb would be like missile.
How could we stop it?
>>
sure why not but they need the parts and know how to build one

it is probably easier to strap a person doe

also a drone bomb may not be as efficient since it can only carry so much

a person with a pellet vest can do much more and get into the places like in a bus or a crowded building easier
>>
>>51008596
>the parts and know how to build one
consumer drones on the civilian market are only getting better and better
>>
>>51008675
build for purpose

drones are light and stuff
>>
>>51008499
Quad drones can't carry much of any weight.

Nitro RC planes make better bomb platforms.

Ram it into an electrical pylon or water treatment facility

and boom!
>>
>>51008596
It's not their current MO but I can imagine a western cell rigging something up and giving it a go
Considering a soft drink can full of TNT did quite an efficient job and in the aftermath of Paris it will be more difficult to mount an armed attack by multiple terrorists I'll bet they're thinking seriously about non-suicidey terror methods.
>>
File: rheinmetall_laser_skyguard725.jpg (123 KB, 725x483) Image search: [Google]
rheinmetall_laser_skyguard725.jpg
123 KB, 725x483
>How could we stop it?
High Energy Laser (HEL) weapons by Rheinmetall Defence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUGpCUkFwYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefSQZVGD1g
>>
>>51008499
I've always wondered this too. It's the perfect assassination tool. Same with RC planes. Imagine for example when all those world leaders walked the streets in a tight group after the hebdo shooting. A single RC plane with high explosives strapped to it could kamikaze them and destabilize the whole world, and you most likely wouldn't ever be caught.
>>
>>51008499
Didn't someone in your country land a drone with a small amount of radioactive material on a government building to prove a point?
>>
File: billederolympic-missiles-onroof.jpg (260 KB, 964x668) Image search: [Google]
billederolympic-missiles-onroof.jpg
260 KB, 964x668
>>51008954
since 9/11 they have anti air missles deployed at such gatherings, pic is from the london olympics
like >>51008596 said its much more efficient and easier to use a human "platform"

i have heard though that drones have been used to smuggle drugs over boarders
>>
>>51008881
the idea is the self-sacrifice and the drive to use desperate methods to make the point about the destruction of way of life

it defeats the purpose if they can just rig a machine to do it
>>
File: THEL-ACTD.jpg (344 KB, 2622x1813) Image search: [Google]
THEL-ACTD.jpg
344 KB, 2622x1813
We have the Phalanx CWIS which is a 20mm gatling can be deployed against targets like drones if necessary.
The Israelis developed the Iron Dome, which can do the same with mini-interceptor missiles, with the advantage of tremendous range but higher operating costs.
HEL advances are coming along nicely, and if they can get the kinks worked out (such as the dangerous chemicals involved), they'll be the future.
>>
File: paper2[1].jpg (154 KB, 970x626) Image search: [Google]
paper2[1].jpg
154 KB, 970x626
>>51009077
Would those AA missiles, or any type of AA be of any use against someone flying an RC jet below roof level, tho? Imagine someone flying one along this long street at 200 kph or faster.
>>
>>51008499
How could we stop it?

With fully automatic assault rifle.

Kenji-san
>>
File: Le Happy Military Merchant.jpg (10 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
Le Happy Military Merchant.jpg
10 KB, 207x244
>>51008906
looks like le happy military merchants are trying to sell me snake oil again.
>>
>>51009531
sure, i guess rc planes would even make an easy target for any modern aa since they dont have any kind of counter meassures
also the whole place was on lockdown when your pic was happening, they even seal gully covers, people arent allowed to open their windows and stuff when there is such a meeting in the open
>>
>>51009841
But how can they target something flying below roof level if the AA's are place on the roofs? I wonder how big the lockdown radius was and if some organization who got their hands on slavshit mortar simply couldn't shell the location from several kilometers away. Terrorists and other such organizations seem awfully weak willed given all the options they have at hand to cause chaos.
>>
>>51009800
Complete your shitty PL-01 tank and we can talk again. But for now Poles are not allowed to talk about military technology.
>>
>>51008499
Nets
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.