[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do fathers teach their sons how to shoot in your country, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1447993587872.jpg (97 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1447993587872.jpg
97 KB, 480x640
Do fathers teach their sons how to shoot in your country, or is this a purely American thing?

In my area, the son receives their father's gun as a sort of rite of passage. Then you have to learn how to hunt and protect the home.
>>
that shit just happen in "america". or middle orient
not in civilized countrys
>>
>>51001329
It happens in any country where men aren't pussies
>>
>>51001203
It's exclusively a third world thing.
>>
only third world tier places have animals left to hunt desu
>>
>>51001203

No, however some fathers will teach you how to set up a fishing rod :):):):):)
>>
>>51001203
Completely depends on if you live in a city or not. I've a friend who revere the yearly Elk-hunt as important as Christmas.
>>
>>51001203
My father and i go hunting since i was 10.
So yeah, it's a common thing here if you live in a rural area.
>>
>>51001203
not really, fathers here are more likely to teach you how to drink or get laid, the only time I remember my dad teaching me how to "shoot" was during some new years eve
>>
>>51001203
>>51001348

thats cool cletus

My dad taught me useful skills like carpentry and mechanics. I went hunting with uncles, usually bow and black powder. My great uncle took me out commercial fishing a couple times.

Nobody passed down any guns, we don't need to "protect our home" from anybody
>>
>>51001203
Well my dad likes to go hunting in the desert alonside my uncle therefore I ended up learning how to use them.
>>
Well one of my ex-friends loved to go hunting, he even owned a very big ranch (like hundreds of acres) where he went hunting with his dad, his dad taught him everything, BUT I only know of rich Mexicans do it and I guess this whole hunting thing was learned directly from Americans since they use the same tactics and weapons.
>>
Nah
Learned to read, fish and make sheds though
>>
I learnt how to shoot at school as part of an elective. There was clay bird shooting and smallbore shooting.

My dad had a lot of guns but he is more into fishing so spent his weekends doing that instead. I know how to do shit like tie knots, fillet fish

I have a cousin who I could go hunting with but I'm not really into the whole killing animals for fun thing and shooting clubs are pretty gay and have too many middle aged swiss people desu.
>>
>>51001203
I remember my cousin in Sweden knowing how to shoot a rifle better than I did. Depends on the location and family.
>>
>>51001969
>new zealnders have shooting classes for electives

Why don't we have this?
>>
>>51001203
From the air rifle. Other just banned.
>>
>>51001203
Depends on father's trade
Pro trappers and hunting fans with active hunting registration and season license sure do. Also cops and army officers teach their sons how to shoot minus the hunting part.
Not sure about others. Mine is doctor so he taught me some basic first aid and surgery stuff when I was a kid.
>>
File: 746693.jpg (52 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
746693.jpg
52 KB, 500x364
>>51002036
Great idea!
>>
>>51001486
>elk

Moose.
>>
>>51002136
Up north, there are massive Elk herds, great hunting in the Summer.
>>
>>51002132
It really is, they obviously liked shooting, maybe they would've been able to find some friends in shooting class
>>
>Be Norwegian
>Live in the countryside
>Literally spend every friday of the winter at the shooting range, as a part of a shooting club
Going from airgun to low caliber rifle was the best shit
>>
>>51001203
Good tradition, tbch
>>
>>51001372
>no land

>>51001357
>shit land and native wildlife
Sucks to suck.
>>
My stepmother taught me.
>>
>>51001203
Nah, it's mostly cousins/uncles who teach that. People grow out of shooting in their early 40s.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.