[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was post-war America the pinnacle of human society? Everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Was post-war America the pinnacle of human society?
Everyone just seems so happy and there are no troubles
>>
The current era is the pinnacle for most humans around the globe.

But I would say the Siècle des Lumières was pretty cool too.
>>
File: jfk-lego.jpg (23 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
jfk-lego.jpg
23 KB, 460x307
>be American president
>get 360 no scoped
>>
>>50995088
In terms of comfort,yes.
But 40's America was just perfect.
Culture was great, there were so few niggers, no SJWs, economy was doing fine, everyone wore classy clothes, technology made life comfortable but people weren't obssessed by it
>>
>>50995142

Oh ok you're one of those.
>>
BINGO BANGO BONGO I DONT WANNA LEAVE THE CONGO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
>>
>>50995255
I'VE
GOT
SPURS
>>
File: bingobangobongo.png (710 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
bingobangobongo.png
710 KB, 1600x900
>>50995255
how the fuck do you know?
>>
>>50995255
>mfw i only know this from fallout
>>
>>50995284
THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE
>>
>>50995284
*spears
Unless this was intentional.
>>
>>50995347
JINGLE JANGLE
>>
>>50995007
>Was post-war America the pinnacle of human society?
yes
>>
Basically yes, we had a strong economy thanks to being untouched at home by the war, labor unions were strong and kept the rich from completely fucking their workers like they do now, university education was reasonably priced, beaners hadn't started invading yet, and the niggers were kept in line by lynchings and police brutality. It was the best.
>>
>>50995299
Because it's TRULY a patrician song.
>>
>>50995454
>we

just say america retard
>>
>>50995398
AS I GO RIDING MERRILY ALONG
>>
>>50995454
Nothing like playing LA Noire and see a police officer humiliating a negro because he suggested something he didn't like
>>
>>50995538
>and seeing*
fixed
>>
>>50995538
You should play Mafia 2 then.
>>
>>50995598
Is it good?
>>
>>50995618
Yeah, mostly doing missions though, not much side stuff like GTA. Comfy postwar America.
>>
>>50995484
AND THEY SING
OH
AIN'T YOU GLAD
YOU'RE SINGLE
(jingle jangle)
>>
The 50s was actually a pretty miserable time due to constant fears of war, from what I've heard.
>>
>>50995998
They were also very repressive, socially (and politically).
The 1920s and 1930s were far more open and liberal in terms of norms.
>>
The 60s were better by almost every domestic measurement.
Foreign policy and the social culture was a little more fucked but meh
>>
>>50995998
I thought the 50s had the highest living standard for white middle class americans
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 397x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 397x388
>>50996203
My dad grew up poor in the 50s and said things were very "different" but not necessarily better.
Like you'd only ever see blacks or whites, but you could live your whole life without even seeing a black person.
Kids would take rides in strangers cars to get home, you'd never worry about pedophiles or child kidnapping.
You could bring your gun near a school, rifle education was mandatory for some schools(they'd even shoot inside the school gym) and you'd never hear about mass shootings or even urban gun crime for that matter.
Gangs unheard of, outside of the rare mafia hit.
Immigration was almost entirely European. Obesity was usually assocoated with the wealthy because of its relative obscurity. The US had the highest personal income levels and educational attainment, out of any country, and for a time occupied Western Germany, Japan, half the Pacific and had bases in every country, unseen at that time.
Not to mention the short lived nuclear hegemony.

It was very different.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.