[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be American >have to be 21 to buy alcohol >can buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
File: 1447585200775.png (13 KB, 409x476) Image search: [Google]
1447585200775.png
13 KB, 409x476
>be American
>have to be 21 to buy alcohol
>can buy alcohol anywhere and anytime

>be European
>can buy alcohol at 18
>can only buy them at certain times and government at approved places

Why is there so much restrictions on buying alcohol in Europe?
>>
>>50990214

Is this even a thing? We have 24 hour supermarkets...
>>
>>50990214
>be American

lel haven't traveled much have you
>>
>can buy alcohol at 18
That isn't a big deal here desu
>>
>>50990251
We can buy 10:00-22:00 in stores.
Government wants to restrict the use of alcohol because these fucking idiots can't control themselves.
Once they start drinking they can't stop until they pass out and everything's covered in vomit.
I fucking hate these people.
>>
i bought my first bottle of vodka when I was 14 yo 2bh
>>
There are a lot of counties in the US that restrict alcohol sales during certain hours, or on Sundays. Some counties ban alcohol sales altogether.
>>
>>50990214
>SC
>beer and wine in every grocery
>everything else is only sold at ABC stores
>>
>can buy alcohol at 18
FTFY
>>
>>50990524
Fug, 16 not 18
>>
>>50990214
>>50990291
>>50990474
You have to go to a liquor store to buy the real shit anyway
>>
>>50990430
Same. You can only buy strong alcohol here in governmental stores with retarded opening hours.
>>
>>50990430
I feel you

Its the same over here
>>
>>50990214
I've only read the OP but...

We have dry counties son. This thread seems destined to make us look retarded.
>>
>>50990291
>>50990474
>>50990723
Have you seen how many people live in those dry counties?
>>
>>50990592
and no cold beer...
>>
>>50990214
I don't know about these restrictions, family. I can buy booze all day and go to the night shop when the rest is closed. If I don't feel like it, I call the kebab lads and they deliver a case of beer and a pack of smokes and something to eat, and some weed and blow if you know the right ones. I can buy beer at the train platform while smoking a joint and I can buy more beer in the train itself, even if it's just a fifteen minute ride they'll come by to offer you more drink.

And that's not even mentioning the 24/7 legal hookers on demand. Pure freedom.
>>
Here alcohol is sold anywhere. You can buy beer from age 16, but nobody cares too much to not sell to someone age 14 for example.

If it's over 17,4% or something, you can only buy from 18, but same rule as before applies. Minus a couple years here and there is normal.

I used to work in a supermarket myself and i sold alcohol to anyone who was nice to me.
>>
Who cares if you can't go and buy liquor at 2am?

American "Adults" literally can't buy any liquor whatsoever until an arbitrary age, that's far worse m8
>>
>>50991291
Danes confirmed best Scandis.
>>
can't buy liquor on sunday in my state. can't buy alcohol period between 2 am and 7 am, and not before 12 on sundays.
>>
>>50991320
No doubt about it. Even though i envy other scandi nature and stuff like that i always remind myself how easy it is to get shitfaced in my country. Should be a human right tbqh.
>>
In the past beer it was legal to sell non distilled alcohol to 16 years old. It looks like the law has changed, now you must be 18 to buy alcohol. Alcohol can be bought in any supermarket.

Consumption of alcohol has zero restriction. I gave one swallow of Champagne to my 5 years old son for his birthday and it's legal.
>>
>>50991499
>i always remind myself how easy it is to get shitfaced in my country. Should be a human right tbqh.
I'm firmly convinced that a lack of getting cunted once in a while breeds extremism.

The Chinese government is right when they push alcohol on their Muslim minorities, and it's bretty funny:

>The Niya government website said the "beer competition", which happened last Monday just before the start of Ramadan, was attended by more than 60 young farmers and herders.

>It showed pictures of women dancing in front of a stage and a line of men downing as much beer as they could in one minute. At least was wearing a traditional Uighur skull cap.

>"This beer competition was varied and entertaining," the government said, noting that there were cash awards of up to 1,000 yuan ($161) for competition winners.

>"Its aim was to use modern culture to brighten up the village's cultural life, squeeze the space for illegal religious promotion ... and guarantee the village's harmony and stability," the website said.

>It quoted one villager as saying: "This activity that's been organized is great, livening up the busy farming seasons and banishing our tiredness. I'm going to drink up, and I'll definitely get a top prize to take home and make my wife happy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/22/us-ramadan-china-idUSKBN0P20L620150622
>>
>>50991597
Do you still sell beer at McDonalds?

Made me want so sing La Marseillaise tbqh.
>>
>>50992694
Probably. I don't see why we wouldn't see beer there.
>>
>>50992721
error: "sell beer", not "see beer"
>>
>>50990214
>be burger
>be into alcoholism
>get shot
>>
>>50990214
>be European
>can buy alcohol at 18
Not true, you can get beer at 16 if anybody actually gives a shit about your age.
American education at its finest.
>>
>>50992819
>>can only buy them at certain times and government at approved places
>American education at its finest.
You can sell alcohol without a specific license?
>>
>>50990791
The entire states of Utah and Pennsylvania require you to go to a state-run liquor store to buy hard liquor. Probably others too.
>>
>>50992888
>You can sell alcohol without a specific license?
I never implied that, but getting the license must be ridiculously easy because I can buy alcohol at any supermarket, any gas station, any kiosk. I could go out right now and get a bottle of whiskey in under five minutes if I so desired.
>>
>>50992979
OK, it's exactly the same here.
>>
>>50990251
I might be late, but whereabout?
>>
Being from Pennsylvania sucks, you can't get alcohol anywhere. All the liquor stores are state owned, and grocery stores aren't allowed to sell even beer or wine.
>>
This actually varies quite alot between countries, like already mentioned by some. In Finland we have some of the most restricitive laws (atleast that i know of). Only beverages below 5% are allowed to be sold at supermarkets, everything else is sold at govermently owned liqourstores called "Alko". Stores only sell alcohol between 9 am-9 pm. You also have to be 20 to buy anything that contains more alcohol than 22%.
>>
>government approved places
What does that even mean?
>>
>>50990214
op is confirmed rural or under 21
>>
>>50993080
das why u brew yer meenshine
>>
>>50990214
We have to buy them from government approved places (meaning with a license) in Australia but I don't think we have restrictions on times that we can buy.
>>
>>50993145
It's worse here.
You can only buy up to 4.7% at supermarkets between 08:00 and 20:00 in weekdays and 08:00 to 18:00 on Saturdays.
Anything over you need to buy at the Vinmonopolet (Literally "Wine monopoly"), and they only go up to 60%. Their opening times are even more keked. Think they start selling at 11:00 normally even though they're allowed to sell at 08:30 and stop at 18:00 in the week and stop at 15:00 on Saturday.
>>
>be mexican
>buy whatever you want anytime anywhere at any age because law is a meme in here
>>
>>50993443
Isn't it alcohol extremely expensive in Norway?
>>
>>50993565
They come over the border to buy it here
It's insane
>>
Isn't the age of drinking just a token thing?
Here nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>50993543
50 pesos for the bribing
I know the drill
>>
>Can buy alcohol at 16
>Literally everywhere at any time
>Can even buy it at gas stations at 3 AM

Where can do you guys buy beer and wine if it runs out at the middle of the night m8's ?
>>
>>50991192
NZ is basically the same, except weed is illegal (still easy to get) and alcohol can't be sold after midnight except for bars and clubs

>freedom m8
>>
>>50993663
>drunktugal
>>
>>50993663
From the paki at the night shop
>>
>>50993729
>Pakis selling alcohool
>Pakis owning small shops

What the fuck ?
>>
>>50993034
depends where you live you melt
>>
>>50990214
in my county you can't buy alcohol between the hours of 4 and 8am on sunday. thankfully not every vendor abides by these laws.
>>
Canada's alright for buying booze, but it depends on where in Canada.

I'm in Manitoba, and it costs $45 fucking dollars for a 40-oz. bottle of anything regular. Plus, the liquor marts are only open from 10 to 10 on most days. Some beer vendors are open til 3 am.
>>
>>50993766
Muslims sell alcohol in every gas station and corner store here.
>>
>>50990214

Do you live in Las Vegas? All throughout Iowa, we can't buy alcohol from 2 A.M. to 6 A.M. (8 A.M. on Sundays). I think this thread is b8.
>>
I was 12 when I first brought alcohol. Now you have to be 16 I think, for beer and wine that is, hard liquor is 18.
>>
File: smug dutch.jpg (86 KB, 1040x436) Image search: [Google]
smug dutch.jpg
86 KB, 1040x436
>>50993709
I know where I'll seek asylum in the near future.
>>
>>50993951
What the fuck man.
>>
>drinking alcohol
>>
>>50994275
they own all the convenience stores and gas stations. not many other places to get beer.
>>
>>50994321
> not drinking alcohol
No wonder you're so depressed.
>>
File: deargod.gif (2 MB, 431x264) Image search: [Google]
deargod.gif
2 MB, 431x264
>>50991192
I want to live in your city now.
>>
If we weren't forced to we would literally never stop drinking. Not even maymaying.
>>
There is a retail chain in my city that sell you any alcohol even at dry hours. They just sell you already opened bottle for the averege price at this time
>>
>spending thousands of $ on the poisonous jew to literally piss it out later
>>
>>50994535
Is access to Vodka a human right in your country?
>>
I bought 40oz bottles of beer a few times when i was 13 at the chinese corner store near my private highschool, while wearing the uniform desu
>>
>>50990430
Fug

Still not worse than Utah
>>
>>50994478
Basically any decent sized city is like that, and we have a selection of local, Eastern European, African, Asian and South American whores behind the windows and on call. Imported trannies and lady boys as well if that's your thing, don't even need to go to Thailand.

Too bad there's pretty much nogunz though.
>>
>>50994675
Its like eqvivolent of the second amendment here m6
>>
>>50994814
Nice.
>>
>>50993543
>be me
>be 14
>ask a bum if he could buy me a 24 pack. Would give him 6 cans if he agreed
>a cop arrives
>OH SHIT!
>the cop wants the bum to buy more beer for him.

gotta love rural Mexico
>>
>>50994978
epic
>>
Can't buy alcohol before noon on Sundays in Texas desu
>>
>>50993663
From the nice Pakistani man at the convenience store.
>>
>>50994804
I don't care about guns or whores. I just want to easily get a joint and liquor. I haven't smoked weed in 7 months because the police here found every major dealer back in 2012 and put them in prison for the next 20 years. Weed is so scarce here, it's crazy.

The worst part is that I work full-time and my tax dollars went toward this city fucking me and thousands of people over on finding weed that isn't horrible Mexican weed (tree-bark-grade).
>>
>>50995317
>police here found every major dealer back in 2012 and put them in prison for the next 20 years. Weed is so scarce here, it's crazy.
where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>50995581
If you had Greasemonkey+Extra-Flags-for-4chan for Firefox, you'd know that I live in Iowa. Eastern Iowa to be specific.
>>
>>50993145
>>50993443
Its worse here. We cant buy anything above 3.5 % at the super markets, and you have to be 18.

Want anything above that? State run monopoly stores, open from 10-18 mon-fri, 10-15 saturday and Closed sunday. Minimum age = 20.
>>
>>50995317
>be American
>sell weed, 20 years in jail
>rape lolis 15 years in jail
You can't make this stuff up.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.