[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no idea what to go to school for >going to be 20 fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1428592135366.png (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1428592135366.png
9 KB, 250x250
>tfw no idea what to go to school for
>going to be 20 fucking years old in June
>no real interests besides computer hardware but that's just "i like to build computers" and the plethora of courses in technology is insane and i don't think i am passionate about that alone to go into schooling for it
>parents waiting for me to do something
>don't want to just rush into something so i can just say i am doing something
>scared shitless of missing my chance of going to school and getting some shit tier minimum wage job and bordering suicide everyday
>current job i work for my dads plumbing company with just me and my brothe don't make that much but i dont have to pay for rent and most food items
>9k saved up
>deep down all i want to do is go to the gym and talk to girls in the only environment i know which is forced social interaction of schooling

Holy fucking shit, i am having a crisis right now. I know i need to do something but i have absolutely nothing i am truly passionate about.
>>
>>41013917
>>>/r9k/
>>
Suck my dick bitch
>>
>>41013937
>>41013917

Is this seriously what you two normal pieces of shit think are problems. Fuck you both you stupid cunts wouldn't be able to handle actual issues
>>
>>41013917
Go see your local counsellor/career psychologist. Surely you guys can figure something out. Good luck!
>>
>>41013917
School is really easy, go to college and enjoy yourself for four years.
>>
>>41014166
Fuck off autist.
>>
>>41014166
>wah wah my life is so shitty other people don't even know real pain
kek
>>
>>41014166

I'm sorry man i have literally no one i know in real life who i can actually talk to about this and get good information. I have the opportunity to go school and i know lots of other people didn't and it makes me feel even worse.

>>41014234

What are you/did you take? Most of the tech courses i looked at were only 2 or so years.
>>
>>41013917
Get a business degree and do business.
>>
File: 1406921287228.jpg (90 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1406921287228.jpg
90 KB, 600x800
>>41014166
>this post
cringed hard
>>
>>41014351
I got a history degree. Maintained straight A's and now they're funding my graduate education, starting in august, with a TA position and a stipend.

I mean it's not a complete wash but if you can read and write reasonably well and are willing to exert yourself some undergrad studies can be really easy. I took a grad class in my senior year and that was a lot more punishing though so I expect my masters to be a lot harder than my bachelors.
>>
>>41014351
Just reserve a time for a counsellor dude. No use worrying about these things yourself. I don't know about Canada but it could be free or atleast cheap enough.
>>
>>41013917
>>9k saved up
try being in debt
>>
>Be britbong
>Parents say I need to go to uni but they'll pay for it
>End up in Canada
>Now doing a double-major in some bullshit while relying on nepotism for work experience

If you're a domestic student you can suck my hairy arsehole because the government will pay for practically everything you need. Friendly reminder you can transfer between programs too. Or you could just learn a programming language or three
>>
>>41014200
>>41014234
>>41014243
>>41014278
>>41014400

4chan really is dead. Why don't you guys go back to the subreddit you escaped from
>>
>>41014787
>Parents say I need to go to uni but they'll pay for it
You're an adult or are you one of those Indians who are shackled to their families.
>>
99% of people that work jobs are not passionate about them, you better hurry up and shit or get off the pot son. Pick something because sitting idle and getting older is even worse.

Try to pick a STEM major
>>
>>41014874
You are dead
>>
>>41014874
faggots like you have been saying 4chan is dead for like a decade because you keep seeing posts that trigger your autism
>>
>>41014943
The modern trend is to seek jobs and career paths that are meaningful to you. Works better for motivation. Having a break from working or studying to figure out what you want isn't the end.
>>
>>41014930

I was going to go to a mediocre college for free and try and get some IT certs. Now I go to a pretty good school so I guess it worked out, although the things I'm studying have very little impact on employability...
>>
>>41014989

4chan the place to go to discuss your normal issues! This website is a safe zone where people will care and listen, zero tolerance policy for bullying or racism or sexism no hate ! Else le reddit army will give you epic edgy meme xp
>>
>>41013917
Then get interested in something. Read some scientific journals or something for a couple months. Something is bound to interest you. Think about the job you'd like to do, not the courses you have to take to be able to do it.
I mean, who the hell enjoys listening to some guy talking about boring fluid mechanics for an hour and a half? It's just something you have to do.
>>
>>41014787

How easy is it to transfer from courses? Like how big of a fuck up is it to go to a course and not like it?
>>
Say you take some tech course which is a sausage fest how hard is it to meet girls and other people in general at school? Is it very dependent on the course you took?
>>
Then just keep working and saving. Go to school when you're sure of yourself. Early 20's you're pressured to immediately enter the rat race but its really not necessary.
>>
>>41013917
Nigga you need to make something good out of your hobby.
Go to
>edx.org
>https://courses.edx.org/courses/HarvardX/CS50x3/2015/info

>https://www.coursera.org/
>https://www.khanacademy.org

You can do these at your own pace.
>>
join the army if you dont have any health problems, it will give you confidence and girls like women in uniform

btw, you live in canada, life is much easier there so stfu
>>
>>41015559

I didn't realize I was going to double major until my second year so you have some space to make changes. If you're only going for a single major you could probably change half-way through your second year if you wanted. At least in humanities you don't declare what you're aiming for until the end of 2nd year so it doesn't matter too much if you make changes.
>>
>>41015696
men*
>>
Why don't you just stop worrying about school and shit and become a hikikomori sossurotta. Just chill and leech leech benefits.
>>
If you think 20 is old I really don't give a shit about your problems tbh
>>
I'm 22 and I'm a NEET that has even less direction in life. I went through the same thing but dropped out of school, did too many drugs and now I'm a complete trainwreck on autismbux and anti-anxiety medication. I leave the house like once a month.

FIND a fucking passion and stick to it
>>
>>41014681

i can help you, bro
>>
>>41014681

Whats that like in the balts ? Here II'm currently without running water but luckily they haven't cut my electricity
>>
>>41015619

I don't really like my job with plumbing, it's literally shitty but it gives me a good sense of hard work with the long days and the people you meet that are in the trades in general. It's just really getting to me not having any friends or social activities that don't involve my family. Like i had a lot of friends in highschool and it was great but i never did anything outside of highschool like go to parties etc. So i never made that connection of being invited to shit and i basically lost contact with everyone.

>>41015798

I'm sorry bro, what happened. What province/area you from.
>>
>>41013917
>he thinks 20 is old
>tfw 25
>>
>>41016187

I know it's not that old but to not have done anything yet its awful.
>>
>>41013917
Become a plumber. You make good money and you get to fuck a lot of bored housewives.
>>
File: A800.jpg (162 KB, 1200x727) Image search: [Google]
A800.jpg
162 KB, 1200x727
Join the peshmerga
>>
>>41013917

>9K saved up

More than me m8.

Anyhoo, I was like that, too, but I love movies and I would love to work on set, so I went to my local college and studied film production. I have made several shorts and I have some films in line for festivals and Im hoping to make a feature within the next two years. The best part of having that kind of qualification is the diversity of work within filmmaking, so you might find something you like
>>
>>41019068

9k CAD Is only like 7200 USD.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.